• This topic has 53 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by JRTG.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Who has got the torrential rain then?
  • MoreCashThanDash

Original plan today was a big 100 mile road ride, Derby down to Cannock and back. Given all the forecasts for torrential rain today that was binned last night in favour of something shorter, local and with lots of cafes to bail into come Rainageddon.

Now looking out at a bone dry world, admittedly very sticky and humid. Who has got my rain then this morning?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

none here also north of bakewell

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Monsoons here in the Hope Valley. Has been raining since about 8pm last night in heavy bursts.

marko75
    Free Member

its peeing it down here in Milton Keynes! – ride while you can!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Actual monsoons here – but then im near as damn it on the equator on an island that largely rain forest.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Matlock had some torrential stuff during the night…

stox
    Free Member

Chucking it down in ‘The Boro’ !

swampi
    Free Member

Throwing it down in Kettering

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Sheffield’s very soggy

globalti
    Free Member

Damp and sticky in Lancs but no rain. Pity our poor school cyclists who are doing the C2C from east to west over the next 5 days.

MoreCashThanDash

Exciting news, now have steady drizzle here in Ilkeston. Guess we’ve just been lucky so far!

RobinL

Chucking it down in Mirfield, West Yorkshire, has been overnight as well !

woody21
    Free Member

Fine in Middleton By Youlgrave (just south west of Bakewell) Has rained overnight

This link should indicate where the rain is

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observations/youlgreave-youth-hostel#?tab=map&map=Rainfall&fcTime=1377283500&zoom=8&lat=53.17

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Cavedale here i come!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m at the farm in Harrogate and despite the Biblical downpours last night we could still hear the Leeds Music Festival going on way over yonder hills. Ohhh those poor kids who thought the “endless summer” was here to stay..

It is still tipping it down her now and the Cows & Sheep hardly seem to care, which is what I’m going to do.

Yours,

Squelchy,

iainc

A fresh 13 deg and drizzle in Glasgow. Have ridden last 4 days so looking forward to a pool session while junior has a lesson at 10.

zippykona

Surely this should be Warm Snow Updates!
    Anyway persistent in Epsom. Not heavy though.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

@Rob Jackson – bring a canoe with you! The rain was running down our lane like a river all night and it’s raining now.
    Slippery limestone in the rain, have you booked your slot with Edale MRT? 😀

rob-jackson
    Free Member

aye be reight! Used to it – 20 years of slippy limestone!

benji
    Free Member

Woke me up at 5 this morning in Lincolnshire, enjoyed the smug feeling I was in a nice bed and not camping up the road at Cadwell Park.

khani
    Free Member

Persisting down here at 5.30 this morning, joy.. 🙁 at least I don’t have to water my veggies…
    15 hour shift today so better than being off and wet though..

dawson

Thunder storm and heavy rain overnight here in Worksop. Had planned to do Cutgate tomorrow, may have to change plans 🙁

Drac

We had it late last night today is looking promising but Mrs was once again has announced plans I hadn’t been told about.

cheers_drive

It sounds torrential on our tent but it’s just light rain near Southwold.
    When was bank holiday camping ever going to be a good idea 😐

scaredypants
    rOcKeTdOg

its actually sunny here in the NWAlps atm

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Few distant rumbles of thunder at the eastern edge of the NW Alps. All chairlifts suspended until this afternoon due to lightning, Alpine forecast suggesting storms later.

zippykona

So it’s been raining all night, it’s not caught people unawares.
    Why then are there people at the bus stop without a coat or brolley?

josemctavish
    Free Member

Pretty wet on my drive to the office:

neninja
    Free Member

Walked up to the shop last night and got totally soaked to the skin in the last 200m to home. It was biblical – no point in running as I was so wet in the first few seconds of it starting it didn’t seem worth it.

No rain at the moment but very black skies.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

cavedale was wet but fine

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Early morning Cambridgeshire was ready for canoeing but the lightning was amazingly bright!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

rob jackson – Member
    cavedale was wet but fine

😀 bored with the rain so heading for Greece.

rOcKeTdOg

been out for 30 miler, no rain, over cast for half and other half it was sunny, worried at one point I’d not put any sunscreen om

senorj

I was due to cycle commute this morning but binned it off when I saw the rain.
    Shame on me . Now lying in bed listening to the precipitation banging on the window .
    Deffoe riding in tmora tho’.

brooess
    Free Member

Tipping it down in SE Londonshire and forecast to stay that way overnight. Likely to be on the winter bike tomorrow – there’ll be standing water everywhere

mogrim

Sunny, hot and dry in Madrid.

Haven’t seen rain for over a month now, and that was when I went to north Spain on holiday.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

You son of a…

Enjoy! 😆

crossland
    Free Member

Sunny and bright in the North Cotswolds at the minute

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

In Cornwall on hols at the mo. Been on the beach all day, albeit it was fairly overcast with a bit of a breeze.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Who has got the torrential rain then?’ is closed to new replies.