Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Who has eaten at a Michelin star restaurants in the UK?
  • stumpyjon

I’ve eaten in two Michelin restaurants, can’t say the food was that great. Mind you one of the factories has sinced closed 😥

ransos
    Free Member

We have the Pony and Trap round the corner, it’s on the edge of Chew Magna just south of Bristol. A proper, relaxed pub, that happens to do exceptional food and service at normal prices.

I agree. But why on earth it has a Michelin star is beyond me. I’ve eaten at several other restaurants that have Michelin stars, all of which provided a significantly higher standard of cooking (at significantly higher prices).

In general, Michelin stars are a guarantee of nothing – use them as a guide only.

kimbers

went to the gary rhodes one for the missus work xmas party one year

it was dissapointing, food was ok but dried out and they obviously couldnt handle that many people

even worse it was full of really awful city-boy types having their own xmas parties, i cant remember what bank it was but there was obviously a lot of obvious that the toilet cubicles were in use for something other than pooing

bueller
    Free Member

Stayed here a couple of times. The food was excellent and not hugely expensive. It had a couple of michelin stars at one point, though not sure if that’s still the case. Nice place too, if you like quiet.

http://www.barcelo-hotels.co.uk/hotels/central-england/barcelo-the-lygon-arms-hotel-cotswolds

brakes
    Free Member

L’enclume in Cartmel, Cumbria is incredible and has accommodation and they do breakfast and is in the Lakes.
    What more could you want?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Yes The Nut Tree Inn, Murcot, Oxfordshire (near Oxford) we went there for my Dad’s 60th birthday and it was fantastic. Very good value for money too.

http://www.nuttreeinn.co.uk

bigsi
    Free Member

Tried the Curlew in East sussex & VERY dissapointed. Bad service but food was ok.

Really want to try Purnells in Brum. Maybe for my 40th 😕

totalshell

having worked in one of the better out of london michelin starred restaurants.. i d offer a few tips.. they are a fine dining experience.. dont ask the price of any thing order without regard for price.. ask dont feign or pretend you know what food or wine is ask.. dont go during the xamas party season dont go saturday nights.. book in advance and telephone on day to confirm and ask for something special ie flowers or enquire about the evenings menu etc that way when you arrive the maitre ‘d is waiting/ expecting / knows you and you ll almost cetainly have a specific table reserved.. discretly tip the first person you meet when they leave you.. ( word will soon spread that your a tipper..) your not there to feed the 5000 the food may/ will be rich and too much will lead to trips to the loo.. ask the soimmelier what wines suit each course and order still water as well

enjoy..

jet26
    Free Member

Star inn at harome good or was last time there. And is it still sort of a pub ish very relaxed too.

Great rooms too.

anonymouse
    Free Member

The Star is very good, and they have great rooms too. Sadly, however, I think they’re currently star-less.

chrissyboy
    Free Member

Yep, been to the Star at Harome a couple of times and it’s always been good – although not been there since the Perns split up.

Also had a great time at the one on the Llynn peninsular – called something like ‘Plas
    Bedgroe’?

onehundredthidiot

Kitchin, Martin Wishart and Plumed Horse. All within 5 minutes walk of my house.

Wisharts probably the best of those three but most pricey. All very good. As has been mentioned the CHEESE TROLLEY in Wishart’s is a piece of art.

(Oh and the People’s Republic of Leith is not a satellite town of Edinburgh)

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Had best food of my life at Raymond Blanc’s Le Manoir.
    Price was indecent though.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Who has eaten at a Michelin star restaurants in the UK?’ is closed to new replies.