Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Who has dominated their sport this year? (sports personality of the year)
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Reading the ongoing sports thread, and it coming towards the end of the year, got me thinking sports personality awards. Don’t think the nominations have been announced yet. Reckon Vettel will probably get international SPOTY for dominating a pretty high profile BBC sport (though Stoner was equally dominant in MotoGP). Maybe English Cricket for team. Any Brits dominating anything this year? Cav must be in with a shout this year following the world champs.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

It’ll never be a cyclist, as the general public generally don’t like us/them

mrblobby
    Free Member

General public seem to be ok with track cyclists though, I wonder why that is?

Harry_the_Spider

Cavendish… so they’ll give it to Darren Clarke.

clubber
    Free Member

Because they don’t hold drivers up for 0.0001 seconds

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

^ that

mrblobby
    Free Member

Guess it hasn’t been won by a golfist since Faldo so could well be Clarke. Has he really dominated to the same extent as Cav though?

Harry_the_Spider

No. But he’ll win.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Joey Barton.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’ll be him or McIllroy I reckons – the pubelick love a sob story so will ignore Darren’s shacking up with his dead missus’ friend after an inappropriately short period of mourning, and give it to him I think. 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Reckon the public will really vote for a golfer? Seems to be one nominated every year but the last winner was in 89 and Faldo was a bigger name than Clarke is (at least I think he was at the time.)

Harry_the_Spider

He likes a drink and a cigar too #manofthepeople as does Mike Tindall #thefilthybeast

mrblobby
    Free Member

Joey Barton.

Along with England Rugby for the team prize maybe 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

#emotionalwinningspeech

too. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

John Terry? Wayne Rooney? Ryan Giggs (again)?

Soooo many to choose from.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Harry, can’t argue that they have some “personality”!

lunge

If Cav is going to get it any year it will be this year. World champ, green in the TdF and is recognised my at least some people in “the mainstream”. There is also no one else who really stands out at the moment either, Clarke will be in with a shout I suppose as will Andrew Strauss but I can’t think of anyone else.

Harry_the_Spider

Harry, can’t argue that they have some “personality”!

Next doors dog has personality too but I wouldn’t give it an award.

#allofthemcanlicktheirownballs

mrblobby
    Free Member

Strauss is a good call but I reckon he’ll get it as part of the team award.

cheers_drive

Coach / manager of the year has to be Andy Flowers.
    Sir Alex might get a special award for 25 years.

richmtb

Vettel will get the international award. Dominated F1 this year and actually has a personality too.

Cav should win it but probably won’t

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Who has dominated their sport this year? (sports personality of the year)’ is closed to new replies.