Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Who has a 'games room'?
  • Currently the spare room has a tv and the Wii was up there for the daughter and her mates until it seemed to migrate downstairs. The room is currently just filled with junk.

I’ve made a promise before Christmas to get her bedroom shifted into the smaller spare room, with a new cabin bed with wardrobe, computer desk etc but no room to play.

Her larger bedroom will now become a new games room. Sticking some laminate flooring down, some nice lighting in the ceiling, a 26″ LCD TV on the wall with a magic eye for Sky and the Wii will go back up there (X-Box for lounge hopefully). The mrs wants a treadmill, so that will go in there, a couple of bean bags and a nice armchair.

Nothing too fancy, but looking forward to actually making use of some of the limited space in our house.

Show us yours if you have one, be it spare room, shed, garage etc. I go on AV Forums and some of the set-ups on there make you green with envy.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I have a ‘games house’, it’s one of the joys of bachelordom! 😀

valleydaddy
    Free Member

we have a developing games/play room that we have for our 2 girls the plan is it will evolve as they grow up eventually when they fly the next (a long time) it will be ready for Dad’s room,

What the AV tech will be like in 12-15 years who knows.

Its a great idea having a seperate room for the kids even if they always end up in the loung as in the case of your Wii

geoffj

we have a play room for the kids – trainset, dolls house, scaelextric, drawing table etc., they they are only 6 and 4

poisonspider
    Free Member

We’ve got a toy room for the kids and I’ve got a ‘gym’ room which has my weights bench, rowing machine, TV etc. Did have turbo set up in there but it was a right ball ache carrying the bike up stairs every time I wanted to use it.

These aren’t massive rooms, it’s just about being efficient with their usage.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Zedsdead
    Free Member

We have one in the West Wing.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

We have a room with a full sized proper pool table in it. Not sure if that counts?

wrightyson
    Free Member

I wish, I so wish!!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I have a ‘games house’, it’s one of the joys of bachelordom!

+1

I’m not telling you what kind of games I play though; not on a Family Forum anyway… 😯

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Elfin do you {censored by the moderators} and try {censored by the moderators} with a little {censored by the moderators} like a {censored by the moderators}?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I might do, I might do…..

Pends who’s asking. 😛

scraprider
    Free Member

have 2 nearly spare rooms, 1 is son, currently in the army, so we keep it for him , you know wen he comes home on leave etc, daughter is dating so may not be long, until i get the games room.

samuri
    Free Member

Not really a games room.
    It’s the spare room. Main windows PC, my linux PC, my torrent/hacking laptop, my netbook, the XBOX, bookshelf filled with my books, printer, errm assorted crap. Not going to take a photo because it’s embrassingly messy at the moment.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have a “games” room. some folk would call it a dungeon

PiknMix
    Free Member

I have a games room 🙂

it has my stereo my computer 2 desks a 360 a 32″ and a projector for mahoosive” with a bean bag big enough for 2. Its the perfect set up, its mine and only mine the lady is not allowed in here 🙂

was the only condition I would move house so it worked out well 🙂

hels
    Free Member

We had a games room when I was a kid, called a “rumpus room” which must be some kind of kiwi-ism. Then my dad filled it up with a GBFO pool table which was awesome, he bought me a special short cue. I’m still bad at pool tho (honest)

avdave2

What the AV tech will be like in 12-15 years who knows.

I hope to be retired!

roper
    Free Member

We have a spider room and it is one of my favourite rooms I’ve ever had 🙂
    It is quite basic, hot/cold water, quite a nice view, invert books and papers and the rest is my work stuff. It’s warm in there all the time too.
    It was “the spare room” for quite a while but this year it has finally been given the title it deserves. The Spider Room.

I don’t have any photos, but would thoroughly recommend converting your room. My spider room has brought us world peace, well at least at home, and a very easy holiday destination for me too 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Who has a 'games room'?’ is closed to new replies.