Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Who finds posters on here who criticise other people's posts boring?
  • rascal
    Free Member

A little moan.
    Some people don’t actually have anything to say, but want to be heard, so say any old shit to do just that.

Genuine questions get posted because the likelihood is that someone might have something worthy to contribute as we all have different interests as well as the biking. Most of the time you get a weight of opinion that helps you make a decision, but now and again a tool will just try and be clever.
    Just because they find it ‘boring’ they feel they need to put down the post…won’t take a genius to work out what I’m on about.
    Just bloody annoying and pointless.

Rantent over and awaiting lots of ‘ooh, look at her’ type comments 😯

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Rantent? 😉

Drac

Ooh look at her.

wiggles
    Free Member

Isn’t this just a post criticising someone else’s post?

jambourgie
    Free Member

Boring.

jambourgie
    Free Member

This thread is boring.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Inappropriate use of the googly-eyed fella also.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Sorry if I offended you !

Its called light hearted banter !

stop slating my post it was funny…well I thought it was

bearnecessities

Some people don’t actually have anything to say, but want to be heard, so say any old shit to do just that

Actually, I’m with you 100% and a +1. What ‘gets’ me is that the anonymity or whatever it is of forums (I assume, as this is my only experience of a forum), actually seems to encourage folk to post mostly negative, rather than positive stuff. Dismissive/argumentative and derogatory comments.

Basically, no-one knows who you are, so post something negative.

Why not ‘no-one knows who you are’, so post something nice?

I have only noticed are a couple of people here, that can wade into a discussion without being argumentative, yet make their point.

wiggles
    Free Member

I think the problem is some people take this place a lot more seriously than others…

bearnecessities

I think the problem is some people take this place a lot more seriously than others…

No-one (aside from a few) takes this too seriously, but if you were to start a thread with “here’s a pic of my new car/bike/boat/house/kitten” only to then be flamed by some smart-arses, it’s a bit sad.

It’s meant to be a ‘community’ here. Even if you don’t understand why someone would buy a car from VAG or whatever, if that person is chuffed and excited about their purchase, in person you would genuinely be happy for them, and give them a hearty congratulations, even if it wasn’t your cup of tea.

Here though, folk will lay criticism in an ill-constructed and throwaway manner, for whatever reason (a multitude of possible causes depending on the individual), but it’s definitely a pattern of be mean, rather than be nice.

Unless of course, the ‘flow’ of the thread is to be nice, in which case folk will be nice. Weird!

Not wishing to cast aspersions, as it’s a complicated, weird dynamic.

However, mostly, stuff gets simply misinterpreted and those that post negative comments are probably quite pleasant in ‘real’ life.

There are a few complete cocks though 😀

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

and to add if you use the search on the top right hand side that will also give you answers

and to end this on a serious note I do have Northface primaloft jacket which is very warm

falkirk-mark

I think people who make posts that mimick other peoples posts dull and unimaginitive, whats all that about.

wordnumb
    Free Member

I think people who make posts that mimic other peoples’ posts are dull and unimaginative, what’s all that about?

😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Oh, 😉

bearnecessities

Yay, grammar police! 😀

..but to be proper..

I think people who make posts that mimic other peoples’ posts are dull and unimaginative; what’s all that about?

wordnumb
    Free Member

Fair enough bearnecessities, but it was the mimicry aspect more than the pedantry I was going for.

bearnecessities

Sorry, was just playin’!

I text “your” when I meant “you’re” to a family member today.

I have the cyanide capsule ready.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The ultimate ironing post!!!!! A true steamer…….

Did the title come to you in a moment, or did you have to think about it for a while? It’s very good.

[admiration not criticism BTW]

misinformer
    Free Member

I t certainly is a unique petri dish this one.
    I’m more surprised by the frequency of some whom post and opine,it does make one wonder when or wether they ride work or sleep for that matter

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

fatbikers will never be safe i’m afraid.

piemonster

Link to offending thread or this thread is useless

piemonster

There are a few complete cocks though

*waves 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

too literal?

ask1974
    Free Member

It’s a shame when a negative comment, posted in response to a genuine question simply kills a thread dead by encouraging a stream of off topic junk posts most of which aren’t even amusing. To be fair there are times when a mistake by the OP is jumped on with superb results (Wife/Wi-Fi) but this is quite rare. I feel a bit for the OPs when this happens as the questions are often genuin requests for help and some jumped up arse feels the need to take the p*ss…

+1

piemonster

too literal?

3rd post from the right doesn’t appear to be evenly spaced.

This distresses me.

a stream of off topic junk posts most of which aren’t even amusing.

Oh…. 😳

mt
    Free Member

I love it here

nealglover
    Free Member

Use your real name then ?

donks
    Free Member

It seems you have form Unfitgeezer

Other piss take post

wwaswas

Use your real name then ?

that was my first thought.

Unless that *is* the posters real name?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

donks – Member
    It seems you have form Unfitgeezer

Other piss take post

What a grass you are 😉

heres some other bad form

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/someone-i-dont-know-is-copying-my-style-of-post-what-would-you-do

now play nice…you sensitive lot

njee20
    Free Member

Other piss take post

That one is funny, I like that! I thought the unsympathetic jacket one was shit though.

unovolo
    Free Member

Well I for one found ‘unfitgeezers’ thread and posts quite amusing my kind of humour , but I like a bit of banter.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Who finds posters on here who criticise other people's posts boring?’ is closed to new replies.