Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • who else went for a …………………….
  • fastindian
    Free Member

winter ride today? well it sure felt like it. Set off in sunshine, temperature just right half way round and its cold and raining then it started to HAIL……HAIL i tell you!

Still grinning like a loon when we got back to the car though 😀

kaesae
    Free Member

Yeah, the weather is unpredictable, I tie a thin water proof jacket round my waste where ever I do these days.

Hail stones, love watching people get caught out in them 😀

rOcKeTdOg

was lovely and sunny this morning, even worried i had no sun cream on

The MAMIL ride by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

then it hailed this afternoon

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wingnut31
    Free Member

Yep, went for a spin round the red route in Brechfa this morning and had rain, hail, and thunder. Weather has really gone a bit bonkers !!

lucien

That’s some sweep on those bars

Junkyard
    Free Member

I cycled home from my mates last night perhaps 5 miles – wished I had some ear warmers

anto164
    Free Member

Yeah. Went out on the roady in my summer gear (As it’s all i’ve got.. :/) only did 36 miles as i was riding like a sack of potatoes, and it got really quite cold tbh. Started off at 18degrees in the sun, down to probably 12 degrees and raining, then back to about 16 deg in the sun again. Also, there was a massive headwind back from my furthest point, so i was riding slow too.

Still, got home and there was steak and wine waiting for me. Sweet.

jumping_flea
    Free Member

Ditto above – On road bike today. Went out in warm weather clothing, got hail, rain and a massive head wind on the way home – only did 20miles as I didn’t fancy another loop.

(although the weather looks lovely now) 🙄

mrmo
    Free Member

went out for a few hours this morning, 35miles ish, got back and it was hammering it down within ten minutes of shutting the door.

stevenc
    Free Member

Took one look out thismornig and put a fleece on to cycle to work. It was just cold today. Reckon I’ll p****d on on the way home too.

stevemtb
    Free Member

Saw 7 degrees on the way home from Glentress. Climate Control went up over 25 degrees before I started to thaw out.

Northwind

It was pretty grim at glentress today. More late autumn than winter mind but tbh I’d not have been at all surprised to get a bit of sleet, the day just seemed to be going that way. I heard they had a hypothermia case during the race, not nice.

Still ace mind.

stevemtb
    Free Member

Trick at GT was not to stop. Hate to think how quick it would be to get in trouble with a problem, was out in a t-shirt most of the day.

Wasn’t until my last lap or when I stopped for food that I really started to notice how grim it was.

atlaz
    Free Member

We were heading back to the cars when it started to come down. After 20 mins we gave up and just went out in the rain. Luckily it stopped shortly after but it was bloody cold for a bit there.

Northwind

stevemtb – Member

Trick at GT was not to stop.

Aye, definately, when riding it was easily ignored. But we were in a trio so 2 hours sitting about sucks the life out of you.

legend
    Free Member

Just to upset a few of you – Ft.William was bone dry and nicely mild all day today. Hell, even the midges took the day off!

carbon337
    Free Member

I was sailing in it. Was like bloody winter. Swell, rain, half a gale and cold. Bloody miserable and to top it of we has newbie crew and only got a second place. Try again tomorrow so hoping for better weather.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘who else went for a …………………….’ is closed to new replies.