Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)
  • who else opened the curtains this morning and went back to bed ?
  • toxicsoks
    Free Member

Looked at the rain, thought “Nah, do some fettling instead” but it’s too bloody cold in t’garage (5 C). So, sat here drinking tea and eating toast plus I think I’ve just volunteeted to go furniture shopping, with the missus!
    Damn you, weather!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I rode hard in the week, mrsbouys been working hard, we’ve had some breckie and coffee and deciding where to go walking, then I’m having my hair cut, then preparing for this coming week s interesting activities (planned and none planned) currently watching Sunday Brunch supping.coffee and listening to the rain and wind lash the windows.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Bike fettled and ready to go – has been for weeks – full of a cold and too little effort on my part to make time to go out……
    All the best plans for today – doubly so as i’m home alone (ok, Ted the terrier is here as well!)
    Waking to wind and sleet = sod that, walk dog, do chores. Eat bacon butties….

Just about to get outside of cappucino #2

As a type this 5 or 6 brave MTB’ing souls just rolled past my front window…

athgray
    Free Member

I have just seen the BBC weather map for 10am. Not normally like that. I think they have turned the UK upside down.

souldrummer
    Free Member

Might venture out this afternoon/evening on the full-on mud-guarded road bike as the forecast says the rain may ease off. Really can’t face another turbo session.

iainc

sunny, 4 degrees and blowing a hoolie here south of Glasgow. A long, cold, windy Pentlands road ride yesterday so coupled with an excess of red wine last night am quite happy to not ride today !

_tom_
    Free Member

Yes but its more to do with the hangover than the weather! I walked/ran home from town last night (bad idea, it was cold and wet) so I feel I can get away without biking for a day 🙂 So I think today will be bike maintenance and tea drinking day.

steve73
    Free Member

just been informed that since i am here all day then we can go to IKEA ! Still every cloud and all that since Decathlon is next door and i could do with some new bib tights !

hugor
    Free Member

My group have headed out anyway. Good luck to them. They all ride regularly during the week so I really can’t understand why you would go out in such conditions today.
    I’m heading out to get a massive breakfast roll from the nearest van.
    I’m thinking 1/2 pound beef, 2 eggs, bacon, cheese, mushrooms and onions with a gentle lather of mustard and tomato sauce.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Strangely, I quite enjoy riding in this filth. Although a heavy night means I’m still in bed and my gf just volunteered to make tea and toast. Win!

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Been bed bound with man flu for the last 4 days. Bored.

BadlyWiredDog

Good day for running 🙂

bruneep

Great sunny day in Aberdeen 😀

Alex

Not quite as manly as my previous post made out 😉 10 minutes outside sorting pond pump out convinced me today shall be ear-marked ‘winter barn heaters, pint of tea and pointless fettle’. There was some brief discussion re:IKEA but I’ve gone selectively deaf.

aguesty1
    Free Member

Been out this morning, very wet and windy in Lancashire… I did see 3 other people daft enough to be out, got a ride in yesterday as well son I’m relatively happy, afternoon of fettling methinks!!

enveetee
    Free Member

I did, cats didn’t

Armed for this afternoon ‘tho

Nipper99
    Free Member

I’ll venture up to Afan in a bit for Whites – not too much rain now just frickin windy and cold

fandango
    Free Member

Looks like a day for a bit of maintenance and earning brownie points from the family!

sjp1
    Free Member

Just got back from llandegla, had penmachno planned all week but did a detour after 30 mins of aquaplaning on the A55!
    Anyway, horrible but good if that makes any sense.
    On the couch now watching tuff puppy with the kids, happy days!

Ps Seal skinz are sh*t

bigad40
    Free Member

Still in bed! 3 Espressos didn’t work.
    Get up in a minute to watch MOTO GP and then back to bed!
    Later might drive airport and book 1way ticket to somewhere else…

Coyote
    Free Member

Did a quick road loop on the ss. Thoroughly miserable and very, very cold. Just getting the feeling back in my extremities. Glad I did it though.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Out of the house by 6am this morning, on my bike at Ambleside by 7. Three hour route round iron keld, oxen fell, high tilberthwaite, elterwater, loughrigg terrace then back to Ambleside. Back home by 11:30. Only started raining on the way home on the motorway. Gotta love these early morning starts.

rusty90
    Free Member

Just back from a ride on my own after my riding partner cried off. Pretty grim; cold, windy, wet and muddy. Didn’t see a single other person for some reason. Mrs Rusty has a log fire and a shepherd’s pie waiting for me. Bless her.

dantsw13

Been out with the lads in East Sussex – the rain was only light today, even though its been pissing down all week!!

It was wet, but not really muddy, on a carefully selected route!! There were a few new “rivers” to mess around in, and the 6 inch torrent on the road home cleaned the bike nicely!!

All in all, a great morning out – I love summer!!!!

fastindian
    Free Member

fettling 4 me, Ive breathed in a lot of TF2 spray, will I die?

dobo
    Free Member

at some point i will go for a run

martinxyz
    Free Member

We had bad weather the other day but today is one of the best days of the year so far. Bit breezy but blue as a blue thing.

burgatedicky

Didn’t even need to open the curtains, could hear the rain hitting the glass feel a disturbingly large draft coming around the windowframes. Reckon its silicon sealant time again…

fastindian – Member
    fettling 4 me, Ive breathed in a lot of TF2 spray, will I die?

As long as don’t smoke or sit by the fire I reckon it’ll be fine, if do then spontaneous combustion springs to mind.

joemarshall
    Free Member

You are all officially fairweather fairies. My one year old daughter is less of a wuss than you lot! We went to swimming with the bike trailer as normal, it was fun – one point I had to pedal whilst heading downhill with 30 kg of trailer and child because the wind was so hard.

I must admit though, I might try and talk her out of her evening balance bike ride, although I dunno how succesfull I’ll be, she’s been out every evening for at least the last week. Thank goodness for my big goretexcoat!

tonyg2003

Chucking with rain here, sideways wind and loads of mud. Of course I went out – that’s what GoreTex jacket and shorts are designed for. Although our normal ride average 10-14 was whittled down to two. We both had a great time on the empty trails.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Softies, I rode but it was cold, wet and windy

TiRed

Rules 5 and 9

Went down to ride the Wiggle Ups and Downs road sportive. Cancelled due to the weather. Three options – ride the course and hope they don’t remove the signs, Go home or ride locally. Chose to ride a loop around Box Hill five times dreaming of Olympic glory 😉 . Called it a day after 40 miles.

Bunnyhop

Its high winds that stopped me today, not too bothered about the rain as we’re used to it near Manchester.

Woodburner is fired up.

Some stupid neighbours have put out all their wheelie bins for collection tomorrow, which have all been blown over, recycled paper and rubbish swirling everywhere now and getting a bit of height.

Edit – just got back from helping them clear up, however its impossible.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Was out yesterday in similar weather to today and it was foul. After a couple of weeks of crap weather, the terrain was sodden. Can’t pretend I enjoyed one minute of it.

Best bit of the ride was the coffee and biscuits when I got back to the house.

loddrik
    Free Member

Bunch o poofs!!

Spent the last 3 hours over a Delamere and it was great, didn’t see another bike the whole time I was there.

Rain, mud, wind, the more the better as far as I’m concerned…

mutley

wet and horrible, but still enjoyed it 🙂

trees down all over the place. was like a january ride with leaves

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Dodged the bits of tree, horizontal rain and standing water early this morning on the road bike in the Cheshire Alps. Sieze the day and all that. Anyway – it wasn’t so bad – mudguards, decent jacket, bibs and goretex boots, skull cap and “waterproof” gloves. It was fine. Winter miles, summer smiles isn’t it? More to the point, how come it’s still winter…! 😯

john

50km on the road bike in the peaks. Coming back across Houndkirk moor with a ridiculous headwind was a bit more character building than I’d have liked. Oh, and I got back to find it raining in my living room.

Still, my weather karma must be properly balanced for the Dyfi now. It’s got to stop raining soon, right?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

It’s been blowing a gale here in Fife, bitterly cold, but we braved the elements and got forty or so hilly miles in. There were loads of roadies out today. There were perhaps a dozen of us in a cafe in Dollar.

djflexure

Paint-balling with 15 x 11 year olds – I win.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘who else opened the curtains this morning and went back to bed ?’ is closed to new replies.