Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Who else is off the bike in this fine weather ? ….
  • Andy-R

I don’t know about “fine weather” – I’ve just come down for a cuppa to warm up after working up on scaffolding. It felt as cold as any time through the winter. Dull, grey, miserable and a fresh NW wind……

iainc

Made it back out on road last Sunday, a day short of 3 weeks post hernia repair and have managed about 120 miles over 4 rides, so on the road to recovery of some fitness. Another 10 days and then back on MTB 😀

Some great responses on this thread and my thoughts are with all those who can’t ride for whatever reasons.

strawman
    Free Member

Ianc that’s great news.
    Longmover talk to your partner and schedule some time, I stopped cycling when my kids came along as there seemed to be never enough time, my bike went to rust even though greased and covered, it’s half rebuilt. I’ve only just got back out cycling after 12 years . I bought a 2nd hand Rockhopper just to get out. Time really does fly when children arrive. Not complaining, I love my kids. I should have claimed at least two hours a week to do a quick ride, I’d be in much better shape now.

domtrax

Went out last Thursday evening, only got 2 minutes from house attempting manuals down a lane and flew off the back. Skin off one elbow and portion off my back, and somehow managed to fracture big toe on opposite foot to the side I landed on!

Thoroughly gutted, as just got bike back after shock repair, and daughter was off on a weeks holiday with grandparents, giving me lots of free time to get out. Old enough to know better. Too daft to realise.

longmover
    Free Member

Strawman, I still get to ride, I have booked a couple in for May already and would be riding on Good Friday if I had a rear shock, alas it will give me some time to sort the jungle/garden out.

therevokid
    Free Member

back to no bike … had thnought that 2 stents had fixed the angina,
    sadly not the case 🙁

strawman
    Free Member

My kids are away with grandparents for ten days, my beloved wife who I really though understood my need to get out cycling in this fantastic weather announced “We are decorating the kids bedroom for when they come back” I’m now painting in blistering heat as the sun is pouring in through the kids bedroom window. It’s just not on.

shadowrider
    Free Member

Im on day 25 of recovery from a hip replacement, ive got a while yet before im back on the bike. Went for a walk today using 1 crutch, only managed about half a mile and suffering a bit now.

iainc

Seeing as I started the thread 😀

Back to regular riding and nearly regular fitness, just in time to join a regrouping of the 2016 Prostate Cancer Awareness Ride that me and some pals did this time last year, with a great write up by Sanny.

10 of us in Cairngorms for 4 days riding this weekend, forecast looks brill ! Look out for Sanny’s pics post weekend 🙂

colournoise

Small beans compared to some on the thread, but fractured elbow means probably another 5 weeks off the MTB at least.

SO looking forward to a few weeks on the turbo…

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

4 weeks until hip replacement surgery . Can hardly get on a bike at the moment so this summer is pretty well written off cycling wise .

greentricky
    Free Member

30 minutes of sweaty turbo rehabbing patella tendonopthy, seven weeks since last having a proper ride

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I’m half way through a month offshore and missing my mtb.
    I’ve made it worse by putting a nice picture of my bike posed in the lake district on my desktop.
    Trying to keep fit with weights and a knackered out concept2 rowing machine.

cheers_drive

Stepped down off something earlier and my foot cracked. Went down like a sack of spuds and can’t put any weight on it, and have a large lump near ankle.
    Hopefully it’s just a strain and the weekend off, a break will screw Tweed Love and the rest of the summer

jeffl

Full of man flu at the moment. Can’t even think about riding in this lovely weather, grrrr.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

turned up for a mtb ride last summer to find my dropper post stuck down. Being a gentleman and not wanting to spoil my mates ride out, I soldiered on for 3 hours with a seatpost far too low. Right knee hasn’t been right ever since, rested it over the winter, but first time in 7 months cycling 6 miles on the canal to work a few weeks ago right knee was still complaining. Been out walking in the Dales the last three days and today it seemed a bit better, might try cycling to work tomorrow.

asunder
    Free Member

Torn ac joint plus a 6 week old baby are preventing me doing much atm. Can barely do a nappy change.

grum
    Free Member

Broke two metacarpals in my hand right at the start of this patch of nice weather – hey ho. At least I was riding my bike at the time.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Spent 90 minutes trying to reassemble my FS. Ran out of time for a ride, hopefully get out tomorrow evening assuming I can get the rear mech on without buggaring up the threads and then get it shifting.

fifeandy
    Free Member

3 weeks training, 3 weeks of wind and showers.
    Now its a rest week and the Sun is out – typical!

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Been off for two weeks now after being hit by a car driver and breaking my back in two places (L1&L3). Home from hospital and can walk a bit but not far.
    Will be off the bike for a couple of months I think. My tan lines are going to disappear 🙁

Positive and healing vibes going out to those going through the mill above.

fanatic278
    Free Member

I don’t have cancer – so not sure I’m entitled to post.

I do have a horrible cold though. I’m currently boiling my nads off inside trying to decorate the children’s bedrooms.

Kryton57

Serious case of Manflu here with a chest infection. Although I may go for a walk later before the Giro starts to get some fresh air between hot & cold sweats…

If only I could, as I have a serious quad strain that’ll keep me off the bike for a few weeks. 🙁

medders
    Free Member

not been able to ride since beginning of February due to c6-c7 disc prolapse. Never felt pain like it. Recovery is progressing slowly following lots of various treatments – however I keep trying the turbo which sets me back. On the plus side my bikes are all very shiny as I am cleaning them a lot by way of minor compensation.

Look after back/necks people. And stay off trampolines – it may be damn good fun with the kids but that stops when you get it wrong and whiplash your neck.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Who else is off the bike in this fine weather ? ….’ is closed to new replies.