Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Who else is not doing any work and glued to politics news feeds intstead?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I am.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

+1

Ben_H

Ditto. Won’t happen again in my lifetime… I hope!

codybrennan
    Free Member

Yup.

Dark-Side

I’m in the office with my business partner with BBC News rolling continually, its fascinating and terrifying in equal measures.

MSP

Me too, and as a brit in Europe I am becoming rather afraid for my future ( I wasn’t too bad until this morning when bojo promised to protect the rights of brits in europe, then it really hit home how **** and precarious my position is).

jam-bo

work?

yunki
    Free Member

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Me too, though in my defence my inbound work load has collapsed since Thursday.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

when bojo promised

Aren’t the politicians learning? No one can promise anything*. This is unchartered territory.

*except perhaps serving article 50, which I notice no one has promised yet 😉

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

What did I miss?

Just turned on the BBC News and it’s shitting Wimbledon.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Just turned on the BBC News and it’s shitting Wimbledon.

I believe the technical term is “broadcasting”, but we knew what you meant.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

+£350 million a week

It’s like a car crash on a multi lane highway.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I believe the technical term is “broadcasting”, but we knew what you meant.

Blame autocorrect.

kimbers

moi,

national productivity must be thru the floor

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Jeremy Corbyn holds crisis talks with shadow cabinet :

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m trying to avoid it now (with little sucess) really things need to clam down a bit and you can never forgot news agencies need to stoke the flames as much as possible to boast figures.

The last peice of the puzzle now is Corbin running out of MPs to appoint to his cabinet resiging, once that’s done we can at least look forward to a few weeks of normality-ish -they’re meant to be back from recess today, obviously that’s gone to crap – but they’re off on their holidays on the 21st of July for 8 weeks anyway.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Along with everything else then.

dazh

+1. It’s difficult to get much done in between facebook and posting on here so this is doing nothing for my productivity 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Stoner
    Free Member

I havent turned on my calculator since Friday breakfast.
    It’s mesmerising.

somafunk

Hallelujah….Jamie’s back 😀 …..i no longer care about Brexit!

slowoldman

An eye on each. Not sure where my tired brain is though.

leffeboy

Trying not to but it is compelling

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

That’s OK our labour rate is much lower these days anyway.

perchypanther
    Free Member

All this political turmoil is doing a great job of distracting me from looking at the Game of Thrones thread which undoubtedly contains spoilers for the season finale.

Good Work Politicians!

Pigface
    Free Member

Jamie 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Hallelujah….Jamie’s back …..i no longer care about Brexit!

He’s actually one of the five horsemen of the apocalypse; Death, Famine, War, Conquest and GIF’s.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Excellent work Jamie 😆

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Is Jamie like some sort of super hero, only appearing at times of great crisis?

molgrips
    Free Member

Jamie McPhee?

jekkyl

amazing what he can do with only one hand.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Is Jamie like some sort of super hero, only appearing at times of great crisis?

The once and future king?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

When at work, tonight it’s preacher

grenosteve
    Free Member

I was glued to it Friday and over the weekend, starting to do my best to stay away from it now.

It all sounds bad, and will go on for weeks/months. I want to think about bikes and sun, not what that lot in Westminster are/aren’t doing.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

yup, my productivity has dropped off completely. the good thing is I’m not alone as EU related conversations are passing through the office like buses, nothing for 20mins then 3 come along at once!

toby1

Keep checking back here

I read a ‘celebratory’ Brexit post over the weekend that I’m still annoyed about, I currently want to print it on 500 sheets and beat anyone who shares it with the truth, probably until their skull is a messy pulp of bone fragments and brain tissue. I haven’t been taking the news well so far though, also today is the first day I’ve been sober since the result and it’s not going well.

fasthaggis

willard

Saw some great graffiti plastered over a ‘Leave’ sign on the A14: “You stupid idiots!” with a little heart and ‘EU’ inside that.

Brightened up my drive it did, given that it was one of the first signs that continental truck drivers would see as they left the port and headed into the country. Shows that at least some people in a town that relies on export/import to the continent appreciate them.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’m not getting much work done as I’m having to spend some time fielding calls from members of my team that are worried. I work for a global consultancy and the bit of it I run includes several EU (and other) nationals living and working in the UK, as well as a near-shore team based in Portugal – so quite a few concerned individuals.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Who else is not doing any work and glued to politics news feeds intstead?’ is closed to new replies.