• This topic has 45 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by egb81.
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Who else is injured and resenting happy, healthy people?
  • TiRed

15 fractures are now healing OK. Wrist has about 30 degrees of movement and some new hardware. Separated shoulder feels pretty good.

Not been on or off road for EIGHT weeks 🙁 but I am doing some high intensity intervals on the turbo in the garden. Best of all the new commuter arrives tomorrow. The real darkside. Can’t wait! 😈

Might make it to the national masters track championships at the end of the month. I have some snowboard wrist guards to help. And a fast new carbon bike!

Heal well people. Interestingly, I’ve lost a kilo due to the sheer metabolic accelerator button being pushed to rebuild me!

pedlad

Smashed my collar bone last weekend…..3 weeks before flying to Alps to ri with a big group of mates 🙁
    Started off all pragmatic about it, it’s always a risk etc but now after a week of crap sleeps I’m really low and pissed off about it. Still not a patch on some of the other injuries listed here so heal fast all of you….(and I keep telling my mum the sport is safer than tiddlywinks)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

After my original all clear I now have a palm sized bruise on my inner thigh. Not a purple-green tinged bruise, a full on, blood-blister-solid-purple-black patch. and I don’t usually bruise easily!

Capsized the boat and ended up sat straddling the rack (about 3ft in the air), decided the best course of action from there was to lower myself back down to the hull 2ft below. Fine, until I got caught off balance and landed straddling the side of the hull. 6″ to the left and I’d not be having any kids!

egb81
    Free Member

Comminuted fracture of my right patella. Around eight months recovery apparently if all goes smoothly. Not resenting anyone but mighty jealous of some riding pics of the Mendips last night.

mtbguiding
    Free Member

Have a broken neck – C1 – sternum and a few cracked ribs! In full neck/body brace and halo and can’t even sleep properly let alone ride! Worse thing still, happened while I was instructing!

The missus is currently banging out about 200km a week on the road and rode Snowdon and Llyn Cowlyd this week 🙁

Don’t begrudge anyone the fun though – just doing my best to keep smiling 🙂

Take care out there peeps!

egb81
    Free Member

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Who else is injured and resenting happy, healthy people?’ is closed to new replies.