Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)
  • who else is hardtail only ?
  • richieokeefe1
    Free Member

my steel 29er seems to get ridden more these days and I do like the fact there is less to maintain is great for me . Anyone else only ride unsprung rear ends and happy and where do you ride mainly ?

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, XC race carbon hardtail only. Surrey Hills local, but it goes wherever I do!

Rorschach
    Free Member

I rode rigid/ss and nothing else for 8 years.
    Everywhere (mainly snowdonia)

JCL
    Free Member

I would give up. They’re shite.

matt_outandabout

Yes, have done in between a couple of great FS bikes. Sub5 was ace and lasted 7 years of hard, hard use. sT4 was luvverly, but kept breaking. I just couldn’t justify costs of new pivots, shock service etc.
    We ride all ove Scottish highlands and trail centres, as well as wherever on hols.

trevron73
    Free Member

Hard tail for hard trails is my mantra

maximusmountain
    Free Member

I have been hardtail only, but have decided that forks take too much looking after, so have now gone rigid instead, have got some sus forks just in case I fancy it though..

ontor
    Free Member

yep

Edric64
    Free Member

26 inch Hardtail only here .Cant afford full sus or 700c wheeled mtb and ride for fun off road so see no need to change to a bike with lots of pivots and bearings to fail

dannyh
    Free Member

Yes, stove pipe on one 456 here. Mostly ride from ‘island’ to ‘island’ of vaguely rocky and sloping woodland via whatever off-road routes exist in my locality, but regular away days in the peaks and long Mynd.

I like it.

therevokid
    Free Member

26″ hardtail for me too 🙂

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

dont want to start a wheel debate but since 29er has come along it has made life easier for a hardtail 🙂

breadcrumb

At the moment yes. I stripped my Pitch down and built a 456 up and TBH I’m enjoying the HT more.

hilldodger
    Free Member

26er HT is all I’ve ever ridden, for how and what I ride I’ve only ever found “me” to be the limiting factor so not finding any reason to change.

bol

Yep. I’ve had a few full bouncers but never keep them long as I rarely chose one over a decent hardtail. Mine gets ridden mainly in Norfolk/Suffolk, but goes to Wales, Lakes or wherever. Much more capable than I am on the stuff that I trust not to hurt me too badly. Set up trailsy with wide bars and dropper.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Full bouncers mainly for uplift days and some playful trail centres but tend to ride my Cove Stiffee out of preference of all my bikes as its a hoot…..out of all the hardtails I’ve had/have its the best bar none!

spectabilis
    Free Member

Yep have been for 3 years or so after many years of fs. I’m actually now rigid SS.
    The increasing techobollox of recent years have left a sour taste in my mouth so felt the need to turn tail.

brooess
    Free Member

Cotic Soul. Fairly springy out back so not missing my Orange Five so much – it was too much bike for Surrey Hills.
    I may change my mind when I next go to the Lakes tho!

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Yep & one is rigid, though had a Giant anthem once & it was an amazing bike.

bikeneil
    Free Member

who else is hardtail only ?

Not me.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Only ever had basic 26 HT but ridden it all over the place. My excuse for falling off in Northern Monkey each time!

Have less time to ride these days so still wondering about longer travel 29 HT versus a FS XC or camber evo. Choices, choices! I am crap at mechanical stuff so obvious appeal of staying with a HT.

There is a 2013 carbon XC HT thoroughbred with over £1.2k off that I have my eye on but could also get a 2013 carbon epic FS for the same price??? And the current camber evo is cheaper than both….Aaargh

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

I’ve ridden my hardtail in the peaks and wondered if it’s the same as there might be a club ride up there this year ?

rocketman
    Free Member

Today I wiped some September dust off the FS handlebars then went out on the HT

bish

3 bikes and no suspension. Rigid SS, Grrravel bike and a fatty (i suppose 4″ tyres could class as suspension)

souldrummer
    Free Member

I’ve been riding hardtails for years. I have a reasonably old Cotic Soul, a mk1 Dialled Alpine and a 1990s Kona Explosif. I’ve had full sus in the past (Kona and Giant) but I’m not that bothered about having another.

takisawa2

SS rigid hardtail here, with 29+ front.
    Love my hardtail.

nickc

Yep, just a Privee Shan, before that a Chameleon, before that a Argon, before that a Howler, before that an Inbred.

Don’t like FS

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

I love the look on people’s faces when I turn up on a hardtail on a Welsh away day 😉

slowoldman

Me.
    And Mrs. Me.

andytherocketeer

keep thinking about getting or building up a FS. then decide not to bother.
    2 HT, 1 roadbike, 1 CX bike here.
    and going back to the Alps again HT only.

bikeneil
    Free Member

I love the look on people’s faces when I turn up on a full sus. They’re like; your back is gonna feel great tomorrow. Ours won’t:-(

MoreCashThanDash

Only allowed one mtb, so the Soul will soon be 10 years old. In a tiggers broom kind of fashion.

ads678

At the moment yes, sold my five and bought a second hand blue pig, cracking bike and I don’t miss the five for most of my riding but do fancy another, but bigger, FS for big stuff.

I’ve ended up building up an inbred as well as i had a load bits that needed putting on a frame, so i use that as a winter commuter and riding with the kids.

simon_g

29er hardtail (Trek Stache) is my only MTB.

Surrey Hills and the odd trip to a Welsh trail centre.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup, 26″ Hard Tails only here..
    Looking to rectify that for my birthday..

dannyh
    Free Member

Only allowed one mtb, so the Soul will soon be 10 years old. In a tiggers broom kind of fashion.

I didn’t know Tigger ‘worked the dust’!

retrobri
    Free Member

Soul 26 for bumpy stuff in Wales, Scotland.

29er rigid for Southern England.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Yep, only need my 26″ Soul. Less to go wrong and lighter than full sus.

ton

yep, full rigid tourer and full rigid mtb in the post.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yup, at the moment. 29’er carbon race HT and a 29’er rigid steel mud plugger / local loop basher

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘who else is hardtail only ?’ is closed to new replies.