Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Who else is Great North Running Today?
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

What zone you in? What time you aiming for?

Good luck for the day, and more importantly, don’t be shit!

Bregante

Good luck Paul. I’m doing the Manchester 100 today instead.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Enjoy! X

CaptJon
    Free Member

Good luck!

craigxxl
    Free Member

Just at North Sheilds Ferry Terminal waiting to cross so I can do my cheerleader bit for the wife’s cousin who is running today. Good luck to you all the weather is just nice maybe a touch warm for running later.

thegreatape
    Free Member

paula – member

…and more importantly, don’t shit!

That’s a bit rich.

igm

My wife should have started 20 minutes ago with a few mates.

CaptJon
    Free Member

How did it go?

northernmatt

The missus did it in 2h 51m which is not bad for an asthmatic on her first GNR. Took the boy over to see her finish but managed to leave the handle for the Croozer in the shed 🙁

miketually
    Free Member

It seemed like half the people I work with were doing it this year. I felt left out, so ran a half marathon in solidarity.

igm

2:16 for my wife

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Good running from mrs-igm, it was a hot one today.

2:09 for me, got cramp dodging a puddle at the showers at 11 mile, got cramp and went down like I’d been shot, some nice fella in the crowd done a grand job of bending my toes back and helped stretch it out, and I limped on the last couple of miles to safety.

Miketually, you’ll need to throw your hat into the ring next year,

gregsd
    Free Member

My nephew was running today and managed it in 1:34. He was running in aid of CRY as he had a good friend from university die suddenly. Well done to everyone who took part today.

matt_bl
    Free Member

It looked like a good day for it today. My sister finished in 2:19, it was a test race for the Chester Marathon in October.

Matt

craigxxl
    Free Member

Congratulations to all who ran it. It was a hot one today and I don’t envy any of you took part today.

We found our spot to spectate after the roundabout at mile 8. Timed it perfect to snap a few shots of Mo Farrah and the other elite men’s runners. Then got onto the important job of handing out the jelly babies and giving some support. Completely missed the wife’s cousin who’d gone to support but caught up with after the finish line after she’d gotten her PB of 2’13”

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Well done Mrs Craigxxl

Sad to hear that a runner died today. It always makes me wonder if it’s the event that does this to people, or whether there’s always an underlying condition that causes the death (ie something that was going to happen at some point?)

Either way, awful news:(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-34239200

craigxxl
    Free Member

Very sad news about the runner who died. On the way back to the finish we passed a lot of people getting medical treatment mainly on the John Reid road. I hope it wasn’t any of those but some did look very serious. There was also someone who went down hard on the final steep descent down to the sea.
    I hadn’t realised it was Frank Bruno who was pushing someone in a wheelchair when I gave him some Jelly Babies as he looked so old and knackered. Only watching the highlights on TV later I realised it was him.

miketually
    Free Member

Miketually, you’ll need to throw your hat into the ring next year,

Nah, far too many people. I’m asocial 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Who else is Great North Running Today?’ is closed to new replies.