Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Who else is broken and can't ride…..
  • Simon

Had a stupid crash last week out in Alpe d’Huez practising for the Mega 🙁 My right thumb is broken, hand is in a cast and I have to go for surgery next Tuesday, so I can’t ride for a while. I’m really fed up. Usually when I’m feeling low I ride my bike! I hate being injured.

Who else is out of action and how are you coping with it?

blader1611
    Free Member

My knee imploded at football last year so have been out for nearly a year! Ruptured ACL, ruptured cartilage and depressed fracture of the tibia plateau and surgery required microfracture surgery to the plateau on my thigh bone as well. Crutches for 6 months with rehab for a futher 2 months then managed to get well enough to get back on a bike only for some thiefing ****ts to steal my bikes 6 weeks later. Since had more surgery but well enough to cycle again but cant get the parts in to finish off building my bike. All in all out of the saddle for 10 months! Keep your chin up and always remember you will be back riding again.

donsimon
    Free Member

Landed on my head last week, shoulder and knee are still not quite right. I hope to get to the gym tomorrow and be riding next week.

watsontony
    Free Member

im not broken but my shifter just fell apart today. not a clue how to put it back together.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup, still in post op recovery.. 😡

batman11
    Free Member

Yep buggerd knee’s,weak ass shoulder from separation accident 3 years ago and both my wrists are knackerd from inflamed tendon issues. Gotten so bad I’m selling loads off and just hanging onto a project Xc frame and parts, awaiting some sort of miracle to happen to heal me again 🙁

waller
    Free Member

Got me hernia op in two weeks time 🙁 just subscribed to keep busy.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

My mate is now,After this evenings ride,did his ankle. 😯

argoose
    Free Member

I’m not, but elixir pissing fluid, sram not getting internals till 10th August, sucks.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

argoose – Member

I’m not, but elixir pissing fluid, sram not getting internals till 10th August, sucks.

Email me mate,Might be able to help you here.I have a Lever rebuild kit.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I broke my leg in Jan skiing only found out about it 4 weeks ago. Had surgery to remove cysts and encourage it to heal properly. I have one more week on crutches and I can start putting weight on it. 3 months left before a gentle ride and 4 before a proper one. There goes the summer. Good job I don’t mind the rain or cold.

smiff
    Free Member

Gotten so bad I’m selling loads off and just hanging onto a project Xc frame and parts, awaiting some sort of miracle to happen to heal me again

that’s the most depressing thing i’ve read today 😥 good luck.. hope you’re seeing suitable doctors etc?

shortcut

Broke my radial head in May – No Hope of Service suggested it was a crack and would be fine in a 4 weeks! Ace.

Kept hurting and not being great. Got physio – physio eventually referred me on – 30 or so percent of the radial head is set 5mm too low so it hurts all the time and locks up. Currently riding – sort of. But go under the saw on 20tg August and will be off the MTB for 6 to 8 weeks.

Not happy!

composite
    Free Member

Well I was broken for 12 weeks; cracked humerus. I had my 2nd physio session today and I’m ahead of schedule plus I started commuting this week so hopefully only a week or so now before a real ride. 🙂

stuey
    Free Member

Still got another 3 weeks before I’m allowed to ‘try’ and put my foot down. (Achilles op)

Even STW is getting to me.

binners

My unruly ear hair is affecting my aerodynamics. Does that count?

deluded
    Free Member

stuey,

Was it ruptured?

I snapped mine in March last year but had it conservatively managed.

Best of luck with that.

lordmerchant
    Free Member

had a stupid crash last week and managed to fracture a couple of ribs and have very very sore muscles accross my chest. Worst part is I have a brand new lapierre zesty sat in the kitchen. Everytime I cock a leg over it and have a spin it’s agony!! To help recover I have tarted bike up with a few upgrades and had a good sort out of spares and old components..made myself £100 so far!!

bigrich

cracked me scapula and done me AC joint. 5 weeks off and counting!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I tore some muscle tissue (probably) in my back ribs, or maybe I fractured a rib? In Les Arcs last week.

I was taken out by a fly FFS

It flew into my helmet, pretended it was a massive angry bee about to go berserk next to my temple and ear. I did what anyone with a panick attack would do and braked, hard, to stop to rip my lid off before the inevitable. I braked way too hard, lost the front wheel and hit the deck.

The fly didn’t sting me though and at least someone else had to carry my bike to the plane etc. 😀

Thankfully it happened on the last full day at about 1.30 pm but we were planning a few fast Black 8 or white 8 runs. 8)

I’m ok for ride along a road but breathing in deep hurts so I can’t go too mad. Off road riding may be a few weeks away.

thejesmonddingo

I got an insect bite/sting in the garden on Monday,and very sensibly went for a 35 mile ride Tuesday,with amate who gave me a running commentary on the increasing size and redness of my calf for a couple of hours.It’s still too swollen to ride,GP gave me antibiotics,but thinks it’s more of an allergic reaction and says I’ll just have to be patient.I don’t do patient.

daftvader
    Free Member

broken ulnar from last week…. fell off on the easiest section of the ride, just before my favorite bit of dh.

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Very minor and self inflicted here compared to some of you guys, hip replacement three weeks ago and I can’t believe how much better I feel already, still another three to five weeks before riding/driving or going back to work.
    Hope you all get better soon 🙂

martinh
    Free Member

13 weeks since breaking one arm and shattering the other wrist. Two gentle rides managed so far. Still a way to go until recovered

argoose
    Free Member

nicolaisam
    Emailed you, hope you can save my sanity cheers

stuey
    Free Member

deluded – partial rupture(again) – tried to conservatively manage for the last 2 years – no joy – so got a few stitches and TOPAS.

First cast off – cam boot now, that comes off in another 20 days – and then see if I’m allowed to put any weight on it.
    – 6 weeks no weight bearing is hard because it was my ‘good’ leg 🙂

This time I think I’m going to be looking at a more ‘holistic’ approach to recovery and alot of orthotics 😀

MrOvershoot

waller – Member

Got me hernia op in two weeks time just subscribed to keep busy.

Eh I did a 50 mile road ride the day before my double hernia op.
    groin & umbilical

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I’ve just got to whistler, 3rd run of my first day in the bike park….broken collar bone. the bitter disappointment far outweighed the pain.

Simon

Nice to know I’m not alone 😉

I’m still annoyed with myself for crashing but I’ve been running about in the woods and on the moors this afternoon with my kids and I feel a whole lot better for it. Also just set up the turbo trainer which I’m going to give a go to keep my legs spinning. I really don’t want to lose the fitness I’ve gained this year.

Bedds
    Free Member

Get well soon to all.. i ain’t riding as bike in storage during a house move.. last seen at 24/12 😯

I_Ache
    Free Member

Just took my first steps today in 4 1/2 weeks. Tiny little bit to early but my ankle feels ok (leg broke at ankle joint) a bit clicks but that feels muscular rather than skeletal. I can’t wait to ride again!

Mugboo

Friday came and went without the op then Si? Boo, good luck for Tuesday.

If its the BRI, make sure they get the right thumb..

PrinceJohn

Broke my leg in March – still hobbling on a crutch… I did however go out for a mellow ride yesterday – 12 miles & it felt goooooooooood (apart from near the end when I ran out of power & my leg was hurting!)

Simon

Friday came and went without the op then Si? Boo, good luck for Tuesday.

If its the BRI, make sure they get the right thumb..

Got the phone call on Thurs for me to go in on Tues. Yes it’s BRI, I’ll mark the right one with magic marker.

timberjack
    Free Member

Got bad arthritis in my ankle, was out 4 days on my road bike when i was on holiday a week ago and did 3 hours on my mountain bike yesterday, can hardly walk today

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Landed heavily on my ribs on a loose descent yesterday- no biking for a few weeks I reckon 🙁

stuey
    Free Member

Simon – made me laugh in hospital how many times, and at all stages up to the op, I got asked “is it the right leg”
    The great big arrow the consultant drew pointing to the other ‘diagrams’ on the back of my ankle is still visible.

Entonox
    Free Member

Oh bollocks. Good luck for the op Simon.
    Was wondering how you got on after bumping into you in Bingers the other week. What a bummer.

The surgeon drew on my arm with a marker pen for my collar bone operation which was reassuring.
    BRI staff were tops.

Cheers.

Simon

That’s good to know. How’s your recovery going?

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

yup….dealing with tendonitis in my shoulder and bicep after falling awkwardly on it. Banned from body pump and MTB, but should be able to get back on the road bike this week and swim a bit to keep it loose.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Who else is broken and can't ride…..’ is closed to new replies.