Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Who else is back to work tomorrow?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

So I presume it’s most of the resident teacherists, (workshy bastards) maybe the odd construction type. Anyone else managed to wing it till now? Final cheeky beer just being consumed as we speak early doors, in the vain hope I can stir before 9am. Love the holidays..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Me! Managed to wing it till now.

On the road to **** London around 5.15 in the morning though. 😡

beej

Yep, new job after 5 weeks off…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    peteimpreza

Me . Holidays plus Christams shutdown means been off for two weeks . Bliss .

mattbee

Got some bits and bobs to do, spreadsheets and the like but not back to work proper until beginning of Feb…

mtbfix

Yep. Doubly so in fact. Mrs is off to work and child #1 has an inset day so I’ve got them both tomorrow. Normal service resumes on Tuesday with just child #2 home.

tang
    Free Member

Yes. Although my 10 days off have been no holiday!

jimdubleyou

🙁

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

Tonight for me 😕

footflaps

Yep, after 2 weeks off….

yetidave
    Free Member

11 days off here. Back tomorrow for a quiet day before the main show starts tues.

Simon

Finished on 23rd Dec, back tomorrow.

nuke

Yep…to a brand new job. Been a long time since i started a new job so nerves are kicking in a bit now 🙁

binners

As someone who does a job which has no useful social purpose whatsoever I will unfortunately be back to it tomorrow. That colouring in isn’t going to do itself! 🙂

CountZero

Yeah, back tomorrow, broke up Christmas Eve at 11am; unfortunately it means another week of 6am starts instead of my normal 8am, that’s three weeks, plus a week of 1.30pm to 10.30pm.
    At least the 6am starts mean 1.30pm finish.

leftyboy
    Free Member

WFH Tomorrow and back to the office on Tuesday. Been off since Christmas Eve but on call which was quietish so overall a good break.

siwhite
    Free Member

Just to add some balance, I start a three day weekend tomorrow!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup me. Just packed my suitcase, unloaded the dishwasher, starting to turn off all the plugs and stuff..
    Hot waters off, Central Heatings on “Frost” and about to load the car.
    I’m going back to London in a short while, back to the Appt, back to listening to sirens, cars, people talking loudly, DLR, and the trample of feet in Canary Wharf. i’ll leave my suitcase packed when I enter the Appt, put the food back in the fridge, grab a whiskey.

I got proper grumpy last night, this time of the year for me comes far too soon. I always feel I’ve not even had a holiday. This one was slightly longer than normal, but I deserved it.

I’m back home (here) next weekend though, so it’ll be a short sharp shock to my system, but I do have evening plans this week.. Another viewing of Star Wars on Wednesday, out for supper on Tuesday, Monday will be taken up with Ironing Shirts, Thursday I’ll be heading back South.

If you bump into me, spare thought for a Country Lad bouncing around Canary Wharf being blinded by all the lights and stumbling into people again… 😕

sandboy

Kids are back on Tuesday so I will be on Dad duty. Not too bad as they want to visit High Lodge at Thetford after I told them it was a mud fest!!

ads678

Yep, half an hour away from home after driving up from the Pyrenees then work in the morning. Can’t bloody wait…….

The missus is driving atm btw.

crossland
    Free Member

I’m back, after finishing on the 22nd, been a nice break, not looking forward to the 6.30 alarm

superfli
    Free Member

I have tomorrow off! Although it’s the only day I have had off apart from bh. So was working last week and week before. Got 2, 7 yo to look after though, so not really a day off!

hammerite
    Free Member

Back in tomorrow for a training day. Then children back in on Tuesday, thankfully I can break myself in very gently as I have PPA 🙂

That said after looking at the pile of books in the office then turning away for the past week I’ve been marking most of the day. Interspersed with the worst case of procrastination ever.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

No 🙂 .. rest day tomorrow as im working sunday instead this week 🙁
    Only had 2 days off over xmas

chewkw
    Free Member

Me … actually starting tonight … 🙁

pictonroad

I work in flood risk management for the Environment Agency. New job started in December, I imagine that the atmosphere at work on Monday will be somewhat ‘busy’.

Better go iron some shirts.

Kuco

Go back Tuesday 🙂

cchris2lou

back tomorrow after 2 weeks off .

Inset day though , so late start and early finish .

andyrm
    Free Member

First day back after 2 weeks off – quite looking forward to getting cracking with some good new projects 🙂

rascal
    Free Member

Me. Barely thought about it for 10 days. Nice time off will be a dim and distant memory by 9.15.
    Looking forward to it like a hole in the head 🙄

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Back tomorrow after just over a week off.

Anyone else dreading it more than they can remember in recent years?

stox
    Free Member

Still another week off for me
    so Just the 24 days off in total for me 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

We’ve done well for 7.30. All had dinner with an apple pie just bubbling to a finish. Hope to be tucked up for 9pm. I’m still concerned even with the early beer finish about the inevitable 6.30am alarm. Will certainly miss mrs ws and the kids tomorrow but most of all the dog who I’ve actually had some time to bond with properly and go out on regular good walks.
    Everyday life does suck sometimes…..

wallop

Yep – construction type here. Husband and I have had a lovely break but I’m looking forward to getting into a routine again – one which involves exercise and healthy eating rather than red wine and excessive bacon 😆

dpfr

Been ‘off’ since 18 December, but staying on top of email and chewing through three or four jobs which couldn’t wait. I’m actually looking forward to getting back to things properly tomorrow.

40mpg

Construction here too. Finally relaxed and unwound a bit YESTERDAY!!! after finishing on the 24th.

And now back to a 2.5hr commute to Soho to argue with a client over a job which he cant possibly afford but has already started. I’ve told myself I’ll get it sorted one way or another in a month or I’ll quit, which I’ll tell the boss tomorrow. Had enough of this shit, bit of a mid life crisis brewing.

Coyote
    Free Member

Back to work tomorrow but WFH.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Who else is back to work tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.