Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Who else doesn't really like pets or doesn't really see the point in them?
  • DezB
    Free Member

bags of crap hanging from trees

Spider crap? Hanging from trees? I’m shocked and amazed.

binners

Yes, yes, that may be true, but I don’t regularly sink my teeth into your feet when you’re least expecting it

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I think they’re called webs.

I was pondering a dog but I don’t think it’d be fair on it due to work, going away etc. Also, I might just find it annoying like I do cats and other peoples dogs.

monksie
    Free Member

I hated domesticated animals. 5 years ago we got a West Highland Terrier.
    I still hate domesticated animals.

nickf
    Free Member

You’re all trying to out-do each other in the hard-man-doesn’t-like animals stakes. Well done.

Me? I love animals. Yes, the dogs/cats/chickens are a PITA at times, yes, I have to get up at 5am every day to walk the hounds, and yes, it’s expensive having a dogwalker to come in for the afternoon walk, and having vaccinations and insurance is another expense I could do without

But I’d not change it for an instant. Since having the dogs I’m walking an extra 4 miles a day, my heartrate is down, and I’m generally a lot more relaxed.

There is NO point to them, just as there’s no point to MTBing, rock-climbing or Steps concerts. Other than the fact that these things make me happy. Well, apart from Steps, that is – liking them is a complete tragedy.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You’re all trying to out-do each other in the hard-man-doesn’t-like animals stakes. Well done

Thanks, but… 🙄

derekrides
    Free Member

I’m finding this hurtful and insensitive and to be honest I prefer dogs to muslims in general.

But If I say something hateful about a muslim likely I’ll get banned or even arrested come to think of it.

Something curiously out of balance don’t you think, even for a racist such as myself.

Not to mention hurtful remarks about short folk, like that poor M. Sarkozy calling him a dwarf, why is that not as bad as calling someone by the n word for example.. It could be argued that muslim is a life choice whereas a persons height (like colour) isn’t, nor is being a dog.

A forum of tough men happy to line up against helpless animals, yet rail against anyone speaking out against what is potentially an enemy of our way of life…

Or is this a discussion for another thread?

Or have I totally lost the plot with this place?

tazzymtb

For Binners

Secret Cat Diary

DAY 752 – My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from shredding the occasional piece of furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another houseplant and cough it up on the carpeting.

DAY 761 – Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded, must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair…must try this on their bed (again).

DAY 762 – Slept all day so that I could annoy my captors with sleep depriving, incessant pleas for food at ungodly hours of the night.

DAY 765 – Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in an attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was…Hmmm. Not working according to plan…

DAY 768- I am finally aware of how sadistic they are. For no good reason I was chosen for the water torture. This time however it included a burning foamy chemical called “shampoo”. What sick minds could invent such a liquid. My only consolation is the piece of thumb still stuck between my teeth and the tiny bit of flesh under my claws.

DAY 771 – There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the foul odor of the glass tubes they call “beer.” More importantly I overheard that my confinement was due to MY power of “allergies”. Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

DAY 774 – I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The Bird on the other hand has got to be an informant. He has mastered their frightful tongue (something akin to mole speak) and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room his safety is assured. But I can wait, it is only a matter of time.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Love it!!!!

IanW
    Free Member

This morning I drove past an otherwise sensible looking chap trying to pick up sloppy poo from the pavement in an inverted plastic bag. Even the dog looked embarresed for him.

No Thanks, maybe if I had a farm.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

I’m not sure, even though I love dogs and work with some guide dogs I could have one as they seem too restricting like having kids. I love the fact that you can just leave a cat with the heating on, sky HD on, wine and smoked salmon chilling and it’ll happily amuse itself not high maintenance at all……. 😯

anagallis_arvensis

I thought children were shit till I got one of my own and now I still cant explain why it isnt shit but I wouldnt want to be without it. Guess pets might be similar to an extent.

Lifer
    Free Member

derekrides
    Or have I totally lost the plot with this place?

FTFY

And I would say yes.

Bye now.

nmdbase
    Free Member

Too much hassle, two children is enough for me!

Bunnyhop

Going from a horse to a hamster was strange.

I love farm animals, strange, mostly sheep and have recently bought a book that identifies most of Britains sheep species.

ahwiles
    Free Member

species?

all 1 of them?

emsz
    Free Member

I had a mouse called barbie.

that’s it really.

grantway
    Free Member

Cats ? how can you call them a pet!
    They are there own person.

Cat = Pointless

zippykona

Me and my best mate were both one parent short at our (seperate!) weddings due to a dog needing looking after.
    My parents will stay with my auntie when they come to visit.This is even though they have lots of steps and parking is an issue.
    My mum isn’t too clever on her feet and if she stayed with us there would be no steps and ample parking.
    The reason for all this is that if we go out for a meal my auntie can look after the dog.
    I love dogs but us humans do need to prioritise.

freeride_frankie
    Free Member

marvincooper

Would sterilisation of every dog and cat on this planet be a bad thing with overly negative consequences?

I don’t get the pet thing, never have. No other animals hang out with other species for company (that i can think of), what is wrong with people?

Don’t take this too seriously, I am not evil 🙂

mattbee

As I am unable to have children (Them goolies are as dry as a snake’s belly!) my dog is pretty much a surrogate.
    I don’t treat him like a person, as that does really annoy me but his companionship is important to both me and my wife.
    She loves the perceived security of having him in the house when I’m away and I love the fact that he’s happy to be seen in public with a lanky gingerish northener.
    Have always had pets, dogs, cats, little rodents of various natures, horses and even some ants when I was a nipper.

philconsequence
    Free Member

Also, I might just find it annoying like I do cats

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Very good tazzy

monksie
    Free Member

“I thought children were shit”

I hated children. 14 years ago we got a child.
    I still hate children.

richc
    Free Member

Would sterilisation of every dog and cat on this planet be a bad thing with overly negative consequences?

Only if you think that the tasks current done by dogs aren’t important, and are prepared for massive tax increases to develop and maintain machines to do the jobs.

Eg:

Guide dogs (blind/deaf)
    Medical alerts
    Drug detection
    Bomb detection
    Search and rescue
    Animal herding
    Therapy dogs (autistic kids, mentally handcapped, Post traumatic stress)
    Hunting dogs
    Guard dogs
    Military attack dogs (which save (and take) a lot of lives if Afhgan)
    Tracking dogs
    Police dogs

So in summary, yes sterilising every dog on the planet would have negative consequences.

Cougar

“I thought children were shit”

I hated children. 14 years ago we got a child.
    I still hate children.

14 years? How long do they live for?

marvincooper

So in summary, yes sterilising every dog on the planet would have negative consequences.

OK quite a decent list I guess. It’s only the dogs that bite/chase/bark viscously that I have a problem with, if only these could be weeded out by some sort of gene selection program.

Bees are supposedly the next big thing for drug and bomb detection btw.

Start with cats then, can’t see a decent argument against it. Once annoying / dangerous pets have been dealt with, I suggest we aim to eliminate the wasp as a next progressive step. Mwahahahaha.

kudos100
    Free Member

I don’t trust people who don’t like animals. Get a serial killer vibe of these folk. Most serial killers start off with animals and then progress 😉

derekrides
    Free Member

marvincooper – Member

Bees are supposedly the next big thing for drug and bomb detection btw.

Have they given up using the Irish then?

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Animals are cool but I don’t have the time or inclination to look after one.

monksie
    Free Member

The vast majority grow out of it Cougar

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Who else doesn't really like pets or doesn't really see the point in them?’ is closed to new replies.