Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Who else buys toys (apart from push bikes)?
  • Harry_the_Spider

I’m 47.
    I buy slot cars.
    I’ve just bought one of these.

PMK2060

My wife…..

Harry_the_Spider

BOOM! and only on the second post. Pictures or it didn’t happen 😉

Cletus

Do you actually race them?

I guess tech stuff and tools are my toys nowadays.

I am sometimes tempted to but actual toys (mainly from my youth – e.g. Space 1999 Eagle Transporter) but I know they would just end up in a box somewhere.

Maybe if I get divorced things will change 😀

Harry_the_Spider

Do you actually race them?

Me and the kid play with them. We/I have about 50 at the last count.

Cletus

Me and the kid play with them. We/I have about 50 at the last count.

Cool – they should be used. Are Minis still the best cars? – they were in the 80’s when I was young although I always hankered after a TR7 or a Capri 😳

Cougar

My gran sold all my Lego from under me when I was in my late teens because I was “too old for it.” I still buy Lego in my 40s.

Harry_the_Spider

Cool – they should be used. Are Minis still the best cars?

We like these.

We have 4. 😀

Northwind

Today I shot a load of zombies with one of my nerf guns, saving some hungover students from certain death. All in a day’s work.

(I restore/modify them as a money-making hobby and make a reasonable side-income off it, but I keep a few by for close quarters… Today’s weapon of choice:

ourmaninthenorth

No, though largely because my income hoes elsewhere.

But now my daughter is 6 she loves Lego, so I can legitimately buy Lego for “us”. Oh and I bought myself a Scalextric set for my birthday last year. About time I added to it….

That Quattro is ace HTS. I do have a hankering for a collection of them….

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

ourmaninthenorth – Member
    No, though largely because my income hoes elsewhere.

Freudian slip of the highest order

munrobiker
    Free Member

😳

[imghttp://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n163/LukeeB/DSCN6323_zpshdhv9wwt.jpg[/img]

ourmaninthenorth

Magnificent munrobiker – no need for shame with skills like that!

Northwind

I know perfectly well there’s a train set (sorry, layout) in my future, I’m just putting it off. But it’ll not look as good as that

richmars

Lego at Christmas, for my son (who’s 18). Last year was that big Merc lorry with crane.

monkeychild
    Free Member

@munrobiker That is amazing! I want to see more (I love model trains)

beamers

@HTS I have that Audi. Needs blutac under the front wings to keep it on the track.

GT40s are my fave. I’ve got the Good wood festival of speed box set.

Wookster

Wow Munro that’s awesome!!

TheBrick
    Free Member

I buy a fair few tools which do not generate direct income so tehy can be considered toys of a sort.

bigdaddy

Technic Lego here, I also got the merc truck forbchristmas last year. Have my eye on that Porsche 911 gt3 this year…

matt_outandabout

The railways are great! My brother and I used to own ‘Armathwaite’ OO layout, now on public display at Alston railway museum.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Technically there are push bikes on it. Sadly that layout got eaten by mice so I’ve had to start another (which hopefully will be more detailed).

I built a big HO scale American one too.

Northwind

Thing I love about this, is “trainset realistic”… I don’t know if there’s a proper name for it, but train modelling has its own distinct look, I’ve done enough scratchbuilding and scenery work in earlier years to be able to say fairly, I could make layouts that are more photorealistic than most that you see in displays and mags… But they wouldn’t look right.

(you see this a lot with amateur propmakers too, it’s way easier to make something that’s realistic, than it is to make something that looks like a film prop, they have their own rules)

ourmaninthenorth

Freudian slip of the highest order

Hah! Reminds me: I must get myself a drink…of coke 😉

ourmaninthenorth

I buy a fair few tools which do not generate direct income so tehy can be considered toys of a sort.

I might reflect that statement, though I add the extra dimension of ATGNI

revs1972
    Free Member

I see you have the STW standard issue T5 parked there

garage-dweller

I share munrobiker’s cardigan wearing toy habbit although we’re at the cheaper and simpler end as it’s a family thing that my boys (7&4) play with and I tinker around with the models and scenery but much less well than munrobiker.

Harry_the_Spider

I’d love a model railway but haven’t got the space. I’ll have to wait until one of the kids moves out.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Huge technic lego fan. Well over 1ks worth sitting in my spare room. Fav is a pneumatic back hoe(jcb really) from many a year ago but i generally buy 2 or 3 big sets a year.

tthew

My scalextric car collection numbers 2. An Audi Quattro, but without the big body kit. Is yours 4×4? Mine has an elastic band connecting the rear and front axles. 😀

And a Caterham 7, which is really bloody quick. Much like the real thing.

br
    Free Member

Tools for me, cast iron topped table saw was one of my larger purchases this year.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Miniature trees are my obsession.

peteimpreza

Lego Star Wars UCS collection and I have the Technic Porsche waiting to be built up .

wiggles
    Free Member

Last one was this

1/5 scale with a 2 stroke engine (approximately 6hp with mods)

Bought it from eBay stripped it down completely rebuilt with a few choice upgrades, used it a few times then sold it because their aren’t many places you can use it without annoying people/being told off

Harry_the_Spider

tthew, the Audi is only 2WD but a have a 4×4 Lancia Delta S4 which is the absolute cat’s ass.

willjones
    Free Member

given that we’re never going to win anything in it this is a big toy really. 49er

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Who else buys toys (apart from push bikes)?’ is closed to new replies.