• This topic has 68 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Solo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Who eats breakfast?
  • daveagiles
    Free Member

Just stopped eating breakfast and feel amazing.

I had previously been eating my weetabix before my hour bike commute.

Eating then riding made me feel ill, so I decided to eat when I got to work, thinking that it would mean that I would’t want to eat. It just made me hungrier!

So for the last week I haven’t been eating breakfast. No more munchies in the morning, don’t even think about food till lunch. Don’t feel any negative effects on my commute, or on a longer ride this morning.

Who else does this?

spchantler
    Free Member

i also just stopped eating breakfast. gonna have a short break and then have lunch.

Basil

No,
    As a reformed smoker. I am trying to learn to eat brekki!

restless
    Free Member

Not me, I eat my marmite on toast while I am still half asleep 😆

I would pass out if I tried to leave the house without eating something.

tomhoward

😆 @spchantler!

I don’t regularly, but this and next week I’m in a hotel with a breakfast buffet. Be rude not to…..

I find if I eat breakfast, I’m more peckish through the morning and ravenous by lunch. If I don’t I’m not hungry at all until lunch.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Wouldnt make it to work without a coffee and a bit of toast in my stomach. Body would go into spasms of shock , it still thinks im sleeping till i eat.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Not if I’m on a weekend shift as someone will do a sarny run.

daveagiles
    Free Member

@Tomhoward, thats exactly what I am finding. Sat here now, few hours after lunch and I don’t even feel hungry. Previously, if I had breakfast I would be eating biscuits at the moment. Interested to see how I cope longer term!

i also just stopped eating breakfast. gonna have a short break and then have lunch.

Made me laugh.

mogrim

Bowl of porridge, juice and a cup of tea: obligatory start to the day.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Just stopped eating breakfast and feel amazing.

I had previously been eating my weetabix before my hour bike commute.

Eating then riding made me feel ill, so I decided to eat when I got to work, thinking that it would mean that I would’t want to eat. It just made me hungrier!

I started eating muesli and for 6 months and thought I was about to have a heart attack. When I was still alive 6 months later I figured out it probably wasn’t my heart so started fiddling with diet. It was muesli.

So… It might not be breakfast. Might just be weetabix.

richmars

My bestest meal.
    Cornflakes, then toast with honey. Every day.

spacemonkey

Can’t function at all without a strong cup of tea as a bare minimum. Any one of (or combination of)) toast, cheese, cold meat, leftovers, croissant, or whatever else happens to be available is religious too. I just don’t get the ‘I don’t eat breakfast’ thing.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Porridge and tea for me, nothing’s getting done till I’ve had breakfast.

daveagiles
    Free Member

These are all things that I thought.

I have my cereal before I go to bed, proper bowl.

Stops me getting up and eating cake during the night, which was a bad habit I had for a while.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Corn flakes, best meal of the day for me, go through 1kg per week

xherbivorex
    Free Member

get up, glass of water, ride to work. shower, get changed, do daily server checks then eat beans on toast and have a mug of tea at about 9.30am. i don’t feel hungry until lunchtime and even then, all i need is a butty, small banana, small bag of raisins and another brew.
    that’s been my mon-fri for the past 9 months, and i’m in better shape (physically and mentally) than i have been in years currently.

carlosg
    Free Member

Monday to Friday I eat a salad sarnie for breakfast at about 8.00am(start work at 6.30) on saturday it’s a fat knacker(bacon/sausage/egg) and on sundays we have either a selection of croissant or American style pancakes with banana/yoghurt/maple syrup ect.

Without it I’d probably be a lot slimmer but I love my food and it sets me up for the day ,due my youngest being only 2 lunch gets skipped quite often as I’m too busy running round after him.

Cougar

I don’t do breakfast unless I have to – fuel for a ride / run / walk generally. Can’t face food first thing in the morning.

chvck
    Free Member

Some days I do, some days I don’t. Depends on my mood and if I’m going into the office (and how late I’m running if I am). Usually have porridge and a strong black coffee.

the_lecht_rocks

Weetabix, prunes or raspberries, orange juice then a wee latte…. Then my march to the office… 😛

seavers
    Free Member

Couple of bananas or some toast for me, otherwise I find by lunch I am totally ravenous and over compensate!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Banana porridge on a feast day. Nothing until the evening on a fast day.

daveagiles
    Free Member

Couple of bananas or some toast for me, otherwise I find by lunch I am totally ravenous and over compensate!

Know what you mean by over compensate, if I eat breakfast, but try and eat less I get to about 4pm then go mad.

piemonster

Home made Muesli usually, or fruit n fibre.

But every day without fail.

justatheory
    Free Member

It’s my favourite meal of the day. I wake up earlier so I can take my time over it. 2 x poached eggs on toast with spinach today. Sometimes I even have breakfast for my tea 😀

justatheory
    Free Member

My mate makes me laugh, he has Sugar Puffs every day without fail but it’s method that cracks me up. He sprinkles a layer of sugar on them, eats that layer and then adds another and so on until they’re gone. He’s got teeth like Austin Powers but he enjoys himself.

feisty
    Free Member

Eating 3 meals a day is a relatively new social construct for most of mans more modern history we tended to have one large meal a day.

I don’t eat Breakfast or Lunch and just drink water throughout the day and then a larger fully home cooked main meal, if I am riding I will eat some porridge or something in the morning and carb load late the night before (and eat gels, jelly babies during the ride).

People at work have questioned my lack of meals but when you point out that the 2k/2.5k kcal recommended daily intake is for an active lifestyle and we work in an office sitting down all day and drive to work etc we are over consuming at that level, at my work the level of obesity is terrifying (more so with the women who don’t tend to have sporty hobbies as a rule)

Like wise when I used to body build I used to eat 4k calories a day and had 7% body fat.

Eat what you need to fuel your body/exercise regiem and maintain a constant healthy bodyweight

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Bacon, spam and double egg on two warbys crusts, 4 bensons and a nip of brandy in my coffee, sets me up for the day in the surgery!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

As long as there is Lidl luxury fruit and nut muesli in our house, I won’t stop eating breakfast.

marsdenman
    Free Member

oh, yes! could not leave home without it (well, not without stopping for a bacon butty en-route to the office…)
    boiled egg on granary toast, cappuccino – only way to start the day 🙂
    except weekends when bacon is added 🙂

marsdenman
    Free Member

oh, yes! could not leave home without it (well, not without stopping for a bacon butty en-route to the office…)
    boiled egg on granary toast, cappuccino – only way to start the day 🙂
    except weekends when bacon is added 🙂

composite
    Free Member

I eat breakfast when I get to work after the commute (35mins). Either a bowl of porridge or a bowl of my girlfriends home made granola.

tomhoward

Lidl luxury

Oxymoron shirley?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Whys that then tom ? Some of aldi ( actually alot) is better than you get in tesco.

I really like their harvest morn cereal its not got near the same amount of sugar in as any sensibly priced crap in tesco.

35 quid for the same shop in aldi over tesco.

Lidls a bit grim though. Foods no where near as good

Bazz

I have to eat breakfast every day, in fact i’m far more likely to skip lunch if i have a late breakfast.

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

When I used to start work at 7am I used to cycle 1/2hr to get there then have brekkie about 8.30am.
    Now I work in an LBS I don’t start until 9am but have discovered porridge at 8am keeps me going until early afternoon. Which is good.
    I CANNOT miss breakfast. Not EVER. Can’t function without it. 🙂

tomhoward

Lidls a bit grim though. Foods no where near as good

Hence my comment…

smell_it
    Free Member

I have the metabolism of a field mouse on speed and have to generally eat something substantial every 4 hours or so. I wake religiously between 5, half 5 nauseous and light headed with stomach pains. I get up and cough till i reach, and on a work day will head to the spoon around the corner from me for my staple 2 fried eggs, beans on 3 toast and a mug of tea. Then return home produce a tremendous stool, have a shower, another cuppa and get on the bike to work. On a none working day just shovel as much cereal in as i can eat without vomiting, have an unsatisfactory stool and head out on the bike. Once the food is in my system I’m a new man.

daveagiles
    Free Member

Smell_it perhaps a little too much detail, but thanks for sharing :-s

Tom-B
    Free Member

Smell_it is Sheldon Cooper and I claim my £5.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Who eats breakfast?’ is closed to new replies.