Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)
  • Who drives the crappest and most uncool car here? Post your details please.
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

Peugeot 406 1.9dt estate. Newer radio fitted so it even plays CD’s now. Beat that!

nickc

mondeo est. Y reg.

crap stereo

can’t get excited about cars anymore

brassneck

P reg Nissan Almera. Only AM radio working now.

You may now close the thread 🙂

leggyblonde
    Free Member

my girlfriend’s faded red battered S reg mitsubishi colt spacestar 1.3

I’m a car geek and hadn’t heard of it but is is growing on me!

woodywoodbine
    Free Member

I take your P reg Nissan and raise you an L reg Metro Tahiti. So basic it doesn’t even have a cigarette lighter plug to charge up my phone. I gave a friend a lift in it the other day and he asked “Do you ever feel scared driving this?”

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

damn, if only i still had my 1993 Rover 200.

the-muffin-man

I drive a beaten-up T Reg Skoda Octavia Estate.

Steelsreal

vw polo saloon tdi…dull dull dull, but very cheapp to run…

pjt201
    Free Member

n reg 1.2 renault clio. it used to be red, but is now more like a pastel pink shade… i think i win.

crankboy
    Free Member

red/sun tarnished punto W reg. radio/cassete fully working but the lcd has gone. leaves a damp patch on the road every night (any one know why?) Makes a funny clunk when cornering . It did repeatedly drop the tail gate on my head when loading unloading bikes but can now fire the tail gate with force in to a mates face if I trigger the internal release at the right moment .

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I’ve just disposed of a SAAB 9000 which I was given for free.
    generally pretty crap, with 285K on the clock, the drivers window motor broke and was taken out by previous owner. No motor = nothing to hold the window up, so it would slide down, especially on bumpy roads. Nothing a couple of well placed door stops jammed into the window framecouldn’t fix though

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

She’s called Doris, and she’s about to turn 15.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

This thread is cruel on Surf-mat – a car thread he can’t boast about his car on.

😉

Love ya really Matt.

mafu26
    Free Member

Suzuki Alto 1 Litre (probably smaller than my bladder)

Its current traits are:
    – bonnet being held down with some climbing rope due to the main spring for the catch rusting away.
    – rear windscreen motor frazzled
    – sprayed black hub caps from an attempted batmobile conversion.
    – when you brake with the main lights on and indicate right the indicators flash left and right.

Quite a unique little car and very sh!t.

oldgit
    Free Member

Yep a Punto 😀 Sold my Discovery, heart said ‘don’t’ my head said ‘do it’
    Miss the road presence of the Disco, but enjoy the cheap practicality of the little’un.
    Plus I can’t afford any cars I actually like, so I won’t buy a twenty grand car when I want a two hundred grand car.
    Might go back to a MG BGT, but I put up a Morgan screensaver the other day which is what I wouldn’t mind.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

polo saloon is deeply uncool I reckon, possibly a winner there!

nice work!

Lifer
    Free Member

L reg mondeo hatch. Can get the bike in the back with no wheel removal 😀

£400 6 months ago and will drive it till it dies. Had a 328 tourer before which was gorgeous but headgasket went, couldn’t afford to fix so sold for £500 🙁

goot
    Free Member

Fiat Multipa , the bug shaped one

Dibbs
    Free Member

I win!! Smart CDi Cabrio. 😳

TheFlyingOx

Legnum VR4 that I don’t even own.
    Looks like the bastard lovechild of ECTO-1 and Battersea Power Station.
    Gearbox is currently shagged.
    Brake caliper on its way out.
    Downpipe(s) blowing.
    Less than 20 mpg.

All of the above mean that it’s not currently being driven. All apparently easy fixes though.

Shackleton

J reg VW Polo (1991). Pale minging green with deckchair pattern upholstery. No frills at all yet shows no sign of dying and was brilliant in the snow last year when all the wide, low profile tyred BMWs, Audis, Range Rovers, etc were hiding at home or lying in ditches. Titter.

Worth approximately 40x more when I put mine and the wifes bikes on top!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Surely I win? This is Mrs Matt’s but I often use it for nipping into town, towing the boat and generally looking gay:

85 ripping bhp, 0-60 in about 14 seconds. Damn good off road though 😉

johnners
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion – Member

This thread is cruel on Surf-mat – a car thread he can’t boast about his car on

Oh, I don’t know, BMWs are pretty uncool. You’re in with a shout with your TT as well…

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Ah yes MF, but I CAN join in with our other car…;-)

It’s almost as girly as a TT 😉

Dancake
    Free Member

A battered Fiat Mulipla. After over-bidding, I then had to then spend 200 quid on belts, tensioners, a water pump, filters oil (and a MAF).

No I cant drive it due to being a dumbarse and not insisting on the New Vehicle suppliment. (Awaiting V5 and it could be 4-6 weeks before I can tax it)

I would say worse ebay purchase ever, but alas, the 5 grand road legal quad bike beats hands down. (beer was involved)

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Our car is a R reg Toyota Corolla 1.3 3 door hatch

Good as gold and paid 500 quid for it two years ago, came with new cambelt and just over 50.000 miles on the clock

Passed two MOTs’s with no problems and will hopefully last a few more years yet

Drac

VW Bora 1.6 W erg

But its needing an MOT and then I’ll probably sell it.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

None of those are nearly as crap as this badboy!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

The FSO Polonez – a stunning example of Eastern Block precision engineering.

The more modern equivalent is this:

Zedsdead
    Free Member

And Mat, there’s not much crap about your Suzuki – they’re very capable off-road machines. The old SJ’s are a firm favourite amongst the off-roaders too.

FarmersChoice
    Free Member

M reg Fiat Tipo 1.4 “action”. Bought it for £650, owned it for 5 trouble free years and then traded it in on the scrappage scheme and got £2000 back.

Tick

Tock.

Creg

2001 Fiat Punto Sporting

Its off the road every other week as stuff keeps breaking on it.

Currently suffering from a random clunk and scraping sound from the back end every time you go over a speed bump

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Zeds – it’s definitely very uncool though!

TBH we love it – nice to get the roof off in the sun, can park it without worrying, amazing off road (the grass bank in that pic is really hard to get up as it’s very steep and narrow) and utterly reliable. But slow, noisy and the back end steps out of line very easily; also pretty thirsty for a 1.3.

Our little boy loves it too – we drive around the garden in it – you can do a full circuit around the house!

Kuco

I win!! Smart CDi Cabrio

Is it wrong to like Smart cars 😳

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

R reg ford ka, in red.
    lots of scratches inside from my bike, bugger all power, but its my first car, and i loves it 🙂

paid £450 to my best friend for it, when she inherited her grandfathers polo.

mattsccm
    Free Member

I had a Suzuki Baleno estate til the Missus scrapaged it for a new Alto. Now got her Jimny. Great. Baleno meant I had to wear beige a lot and drive in the middle lane. Actually a very good car but !!!!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Zed, don’t you laugh at the car I waned beyond badly when I was a teenager, please.
    Besides, with a Fiat Mirafiori engine it would outgun many a newer car. 5-door hatchback, 5 people relatively comfortably, could be fixed with pliers, a bit of duck tape and a hammer. Even today there are a few around Ealing and Hounslow.

tartanscarf

T (98) reg Ford Focus, 1.4l hatchback with 2 dogs and a kid on the way 🙂

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Mat, they’re great aint they? We had an old Swift (not new shape) and ran it for 8 or 9 years. Only things I ever did to it were service every year, 1 new battery, discs, pads and shoes x 1, 1 new set of sticky tyres, 1 CV boot and 2 exhausts (man they were a pain to wiggle into place) and that was it.

Cheap to run, insure and maintain. Great fun to drive if a little lacking in power. 1 litre 3 cylinders and loved to rev. I once managed to get the speedo reading just a touch over 90 down a hill with a strong wind behind me lol…

happy days…

Hairychested, lol – they were horrible eh? The Fiat Mirafiori on the other hand is way beyond cool, they’re fantastic. A chap was running one at a sprint earlier in the year – fantastic bit of kit!

donsimon
    Free Member

Absolutely wikkid! No aircon! No point having a radio as you couldn’t hear it anyway. But possibly the best 4X4 made.

car by simoncarter.es, on Flickr

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Who drives the crappest and most uncool car here? Post your details please.’ is closed to new replies.