Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Who doesn't Immediately want this? Lightest bike ever?
  • AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Dunno what I would really do with it, probably just swing it around above my head because I can but at 2.7kg that is just insane!!!!!!!!

Sooo much carbon sexyness, errmahhgerrd.. only $45k

http://antranik.org/worlds-lightest-road-bike-at-2-7kg/

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Can’t see the point myself. I suspect my fatness would overpower its lightness 😀

JCL
    Free Member

No discs no sale.

thepurist

Single speed it and drop the rear brake.. that’ll make it floaty light.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Looks bloody ugly at any weight.

asterix
    Free Member

its got quite a lot of spokes

slimjim78
    Free Member

WANT

bikebouy
    Free Member

Urgh, now I’m a fan of uber light roadies but that is fugly..

andyl
    Free Member

pfft, steal chain fail. They need one made of carbon nanotubes or at least titanium 😀

iolo
    Free Member

$45k and just resting against a stone clad wall scratching the levers.
    Photographer obviously couldn’t care less.

bob_summers

Bloke I train with sometimes has the lightest bike in Spain, apparently. Poxy thing creaks and clicks up climbs, horrible.

For 45k I’d want some proper shifters.

tomhoward

This has been doing the rounds for years hasn’t it? I remember saying at the time, if lightness is the be all and end all, why does it have gears, 2 brakes, drops and a long seatpost

bob_summers

Is there not some kind of gentlemen’s code? You can’t hack the drops off to save a few grams, it isn’t the done thing. I think they’re supposed to have at least one bottle cage as well.

breadcrumb

I bet it doesn’t ride very nice. Not that it will ever get ridden.

bob_summers

In its previous incarnation some German bloke rode it 10,000km in two years…

kimbers

Erm no wouldn’t even want it for a pub bike Tbh

theflatboy
    Free Member

I can’t see how anyone can call that ugly, in all honesty. Obviously a very subjective thing…

downhilldave

No good in Calderdale MUD me thinks. 😉

chilled76
    Free Member

Correct me if I’m wrong… but carbon despite being strong isn’t a very hard material… surely the chain rings and jockey wheels won’t last more than 1000 miles?

AlexSimon

tomhoward – Member

This has been doing the rounds for years hasn’t it? I remember saying at the time, if lightness is the be all and end all, why does it have gears, 2 brakes, drops and a long seatpost
    Because then everyone would be saying “of course it’s light – it hasn’t got gears, brakes, drops, etc 🙂

It’s pretty staggering that you can get a functional bike under 6lb, when the UCI weight limit is 15lb.

I’d like a ride on it

aa
    Free Member

I’m with choppersquad.
    it looks ugly, no matter how much it doesn’t weigh, it looks nasty.
    (for the record, i think a colnago master Olympic is the epitome of a good looking bike).

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

ah whaat, clearly i’m the only one with good tate… 😆

tomhoward

Supply and demand. Because no one wants it, you’ll be able to get it for cheapz.

Maybe $30k?

andyl
    Free Member

Correct me if I’m wrong… but carbon despite being strong isn’t a very hard material… surely the chain rings and jockey wheels won’t last more than 1000 miles?

You’d actually be surprised, I have seen motorcycle sprockets made of carbon fibre about 18 years ago.

Not ideal I would admit and not something i would choose to make them out of.

Northwind

It is impressive, probably pointless but lots of things aren’t pointy.

crikey
    Free Member

These kind of bikes do point out the absurdity of spending lots of cash on lightening your bike; no one is setting records by actually riding them…

toppers3933
    Free Member

Having ridden a 5kg road bike which was horrendous I can only imagine that this bike is virtually unrideable. Must be really flighty and twitchy. Impressive that it’s still usable though it’s not for me.

duntstick
    Free Member

I have a bike spun from the finest cobwebs, anyone wanna try it?

IanMunro
    Free Member

It’s not enduro.

iain1775
    Free Member

2.7kg
    Is that weighed with or without pedals?

flange
    Free Member

It was originally built by someone else, then fair wheel bikes bought it (I think)

It’s got some pretty mental stuff on it, the wheels are made by a company who does f1 stuff. I’d have one….

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

You’re right.

I immediately didn’t want it.

😐

butcher

I think my lard ass would break it.

tobymc

That pic of the chainset…. I’m sure i can see it flexing.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Wow!
    I’d need to do a pretty humongous poo too equal that weight saving!
    Reckon I could manage it though with the correct preparation and training.
    Man V food style

brakes
    Free Member

not sure how anyone can say that is genuinely ugly, subjective or not. it has a sleek beauty and ticks the mandatory stealth box.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I like.
    It has that raw, unfinished look that only something truly special has.
    The other week I built a high end Canyon up, which was about 14.5lbs with pedals.. That was similar, some silly expensive (wheels, saddle etc) and needlessly beautiful (Campag) bits on it. I’m not a fan of road bikes, but that was special. As is this.

batfink
    Free Member

It would be the most expensive pothole you ever hit.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Who doesn't Immediately want this? Lightest bike ever?’ is closed to new replies.