Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Who do I report trail obstacles to?
  • bikey
    Free Member

Hello STW
    Whilst out on a ride I came across a few things that in my opinion need reporting. The first one was a tree down on a well used track that is shared with bikers and horses. I watched as a family of cyclist struggled to lift there bikes over the fallen tree. Its a well used disused railway line so gets used by lots of recreational cyclists. Who would I report that too? Local council, county council?
    Secondly I came across big pools of red diesel along a bridleway that runs along a golf course. Upon closer inspection I saw a hose running through the hedge from some sheds. These shed are used by groundsman from the golf course. It looks like they were dumping the red diesel on the bridleway. So who do I report that too. Is it the environment agency?

I live in Southern Hampshire near Fareham. I also have the grid references.

Any one got any ideas, phone numbers or links.

Matt

cynic-al
    Free Member

Council and Environment agency?

snaps
    Free Member
    Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

CTC have forms / links on their website to report obstructions – usually to RoW officers in local authority.

Diesel – EA and/or environmental health dept (or whatever **** title they’ve decided on now) at local authority.

At a guess.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Nottinghamshire County Council have an online form for reporting problems with public rights of way, maybe there’s something similar on your county council’s website

http://www3.hants.gov.uk/row.htm

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member
    bikey
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I have reported the fallen tree on the CTC website. I was actually surprised how easy it was. Just the Environment Agency to go!

Thanks all

Matt

cinnamon_girl

Go to http://www.hants.gov.uk and follow link for rights of way, complete details. Don’t expect anything to be done though, says she in cynical mode!

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

EA for red diesel – serious fine for hydrocarbon spills.

bikey
    Free Member

Well its all done now. I was past around the houses alot. The Environment Agency wernt interested. They said unless it is seeping in to a water course it was not there problem. My local council told me they dont manage bridleways and it was down to the County council. The County Council put me in touch with someone in the local council, who said she acts on behalf of the County council to sort this out.

Fingers crossed.

Matt

AndyPaice
    Free Member

“Secondly I came across big pools of red diesel along a bridleway that runs along a golf course. Upon closer inspection I saw a hose running through the hedge from some sheds. These shed are used by groundsman from the golf course. It looks like they were dumping the red diesel on the bridleway. So who do I report that too. Is it the environment agency?”

local council Environmental Health officer. if they’re not interested then say your going to the local paper with it. Should get their attention

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Who do I report trail obstacles to?’ is closed to new replies.