Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Who “Dismounts” at the end of a cycle lane?
  • SST
    Free Member

??

Stoner
    Free Member

I obviously dismount everytime. It would be very anti social not to. I mean if you started choosing which rules you thought were ridiculous then just where would we be? Bedlam! That’s where!

see, here’s a sensible interpretation of highways layout guidelines…

SST
    Free Member

LOL – FFS!

joemarshall
    Free Member

Not until they start putting signs at roundabouts saying ‘car drivers get out and push’.

Joe

Taff
    Free Member

When I find that place I’m going to dismount and ghost my bike!

Stoner
    Free Member

like a number of non-criminal “rules” I treat them with the respect they deserve.

If it’s clear that by not dismounting Im going to be putting myself in conflict with peds or cars etc then yes, if it’s something cretinous like the above then, no.

Same applies to certain paths specifically marked “no cycling” under a local bylaw on my local trails – one short section effectively prevents a circumnavigation of the hills, so I ignore it. If the bvylaw recognised the how sensible allowing a circumnavigation route at that point would be then I would be less cavalier about the obeying “bylaw” all over the hills.

In london there’s a lovely church with a huge pavement-slabbed area around it in Marylebone area (Wyndam). There’s plenty of space to pass without conflict between peds and bikes etc. BUT some git has put no cycling signs on bollards at each end of the paved area which forms a perfect link between two quiet roads that form cycleroutes. I almost go out of my way to ride there because for some jobsworth to explicitly aim to prevent it makes no sense.

zokes
    Free Member
    Stoner
    Free Member

some of those new ones are just unbeleivable.
    Hadnt seen this one before, but I love it:

ski
    Free Member

Zokes – It looks as if the workmen when putting down that cycle path, thought, hang on, I need to leave a bit more space past this lamp post/bus shelter. Then his foreman has come along and said, what the hell are you doing! get that path back!

😉

SST
    Free Member

Trackstand territory . . . . .

radoggair
    Free Member

trackstand territory lol

What about the peds walking in a cycling lane, tut tut

epicyclo

Bugger that lot. We have a right to use the road, car drivers are only licensed 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Who “Dismounts” at the end of a cycle lane?’ is closed to new replies.