• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by bigh.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Who did the Passporte du Soleil last weekend?
  • cbmotorsport
    Free Member

We went from Morzine on Friday. Blessed with stunning weather, and thoroughly enjoyed the day. Took every obvious hard option we could, but still seemed like a fair bit of fire road riding, but great fun anyway.

Yeti 575 was awesome for the job, despite late night brake bleeding and bottom bracket change the night before. No punctures, no mechanicals, and did 63 miles in total in the end, including the Torgon loop (that climb is horrible)

Weather on Sunday looked horrific. Hope it was still fun for the brave Sunday riders that ventured out.

d45yth
    Free Member

Good stuff! Hopefully I’ll get out and do it some year.

One of my mate’s is out there…the greedy **** and the rest of his group just rode the route rather than paying to enter. If they were badly off maybe I’d understand their logic?! 😕

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Shame. It’s good to support the organisers. They evidently go to a lot of effort to put the ride on, and it was excellently organised. But once you’ve got a pass the areas covered are open to all.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jambalaya
    Free Member

One of my mate’s is out there…the greedy **** and the rest of his group just rode the route rather than paying to enter. If they were badly off maybe I’d understand their logic?

The route is open to all – the PPdS just signifies it’s official opening for the year. The entry gets you some freebies and a number plate plus food / drink. I believe you get 1 hour early priority access to firs lift of the day also.

@cbmotorsport – its a fun ride in company, in of itself its not a technical challenge/enduro. To do that you should add on a few days riding.

atlaz
    Free Member

We rode Friday. Great day of riding. Rode Saturday but Sunday was a washout. Today we did the Col du Cou. It’s pretty knackering but a “proper” day of alpine riding

GEDA
    Free Member

Don’t you still get a free lift pass so it makes it pretty cheap?

johnhe

My mate lives not far from there, was booked in , but had to pass in the event due to broken ribs – talk about a major bummer!!!

weeksy

I was there… but unable to ride. The boys enjoyed the Friday from Morzine lots 🙂

hofnar
    Free Member

I went on the friday garmin says I did 125 km full loop+Torgon + some wandering around. My fatbike liked it had little back brake left after a short while. The friendly chaps from Morzine Mountainbike Mechanics sorted me out with a brake bleed thanks chaps from small wheels.

Sunday looked horrific conditions.

On the Hope night ride all you could have is Hope a lot of hope that it was really just this once. Total disaster on the saturday Hope was to supply lights well when they where working they where quite weak and massively outperformed by my chinese 25 quid crap. And then the Hope chaps don’t really seem to be in to maintenace or recharging at least 10 sets out of maybe 40 failed in a ride that was maybe an hour most of this time beiing waiting for Hope guys to change batteries or another faulty set. Got nicely soaked waiting for them you could only feel pity for such a crap representation for what is meant to be a decent company. Felt ashamed that I recently almost bought one of their hubs and that I own one of their 40 teeth cogs.

Going back out tomorrow now stuff has dried a bit after sundays monsoons.

bigh
    Free Member

Large group of us did it,very well organised again. Been here for six days now (still here). Last day tomorrow and we’re doing the Samoens descent 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Who did the Passporte du Soleil last weekend?’ is closed to new replies.