Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Who did something fun today?
  • aP
    Free Member

I spent this morning down in tunnels 30 metres below London streets. It was interesting, educational and most importantly fun. What did anyone else do?

ton

splashed my lad in a huge puddle on the commute in this morning.
    he just frowned at me and shook his head………. 😆

househusband

Made my S3 Practical Woodworking class measure and cut their own lengths of pine for their next project, after getting them to calculate exactly how much they’d need.

Also listened to circa £60k of audio system after stopping off at a hi-fi emporium on the way home to ask about headphones.

Both fun!

tacopowell
    Free Member

I watched a pedestrian fail at motioning the **** sign at a motorist, it was more of Arnold Rimmer salute, although I didn’t “do” this, I was lucky enough to be part of the same time and space to appreciate this,
    I find lots of fun in watching people and how they react with their environment and fellow people!

scrambledeg
    Free Member

I spent my day off from my normal job working for free as an apprentice.
    Learning a new skill that will eventually lead me to self employment, yes it was fun!
    Probably won’t stay that way forever mind! but the sooner I am ligning my own pockets rather than someone else’s the better 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

I had a look in GoOutdoors, it’s shite.

chojin
    Free Member

I was inserted into a tube and electrocuted.

skink2020

Went to Rothesay to pick up my watch from the magic watch repair man.
    The ferry was gettin flung about like a jazz mag in prison.

billyblackheart
    Free Member

I drove on a Motorway for the first time in 3 years…

(3 Miles between Exeter and the Exeter Services)

I really should get out of the ‘Shire more.

scrambledeg
    Free Member

I had a look in GoOutdoors, it’s shite.

Yep!
    Try to cover too many activities and don’t cover any that well unless you want a waterproof jacket!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I spent this morning down in tunnels 30 metres below London streets. It was interesting, educational and most importantly fun. What did anyone else do?

Ooh you took the tube? How exciting!

falkirk-mark

Sold my roadbike for £125 I hadn’t used it in 18 months. beer tokens and more space in the shed.

aP
    Free Member

Took the tube? Sheesh.
    Did that to get to the tunnels. Tube wasn’t 30m down – only a maximum of 18m down.
    113 steps down from the basement out onto a disused platform, track walk – a couple of disused engines parked down the turning loop, down 3 ladders into a conveyor tunnel. All good stuff. This one didn’t have a 1940s mercury arc rectifier glowing in a cupboard like when I went down into one of the deep level shelters under Clapham Common a couple of years ago, more’s the pity.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Rode my bike in a headwind. It was like going sailing.

takisawa2

My musicaly talented mate brought a his keyboard, electric acoustic guitar & sax in to the Beavers group I help, run this evening. Now that was loads of fun. Kids loved it. They had all made shoebox guitars / shakers etc, last week so were joining in. Fantastic. Best hour of the week. 🙂

ittaika
    Free Member

went to see the chinese state circus show in glasgow – totally amazing!

i reckon i could have broken pretty much all my bones attempting stuff from the first five minutes…

stavromuller
    Free Member

Went to my accountants to be told I’m due £1,100 back from the Vat. Made me smile lots, so that’s as near to fun I got

lemonysam
    Free Member

Night orienteering on Yeadon streets, a brilliant combination of a run, a scavenger hunt and being hunted by packs of feral youths.

samuri
    Free Member

Rode home in a massive tailwind. Awesome! Mucho fun. Very fast.

Also, I met one of our new lawyers. She seems to know her stuff. Which is nice. That wasn’t the best bit about neeting her though. 😉

It’s not my fault I’m a man!

grum
    Free Member

Watched Les Miserables – oh no actually that was largely dull/painful! Crap day tbh.

watsontony
    Free Member

Beavers group I help, run

hummm are you igrf’s friend?

molgrips
    Free Member

I have been grappling with a really difficult report for the last three days that was meant to take me only one.

It’s a huge learning experience though, and learning is fun.

PS Go Outdoors is not a high end outdoor shop, but it’s a hell of a lot better than Millets. And they also have a massive range of stuff including camping and caravan stuff, even towing gear. And they often have good bargains on good kit like Icebreaker and Rab.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Who did something fun today?’ is closed to new replies.