Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Who delivers Collect+ parcels?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Royal Mail or ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Unfortunately for me, recently, Yodel delivered a parcel to a Collect+ location. As I found out (or rather, as Jamie found out), Collect+ have little to do with it other than operating the location in conjunction with the (I assume) retailer. My order was with amazon for my wife’s 40th birthday present which yodel lost for a few days before delivering it when we’d already left home for the weekend – 4 days late. There may be a connection somewhere between yodel and collect+, who knows…

Are you having problems with it?

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

No I’ve only ever used it to return stuff. Someone has posted something to me using the service and it seems to be taking a while

Jamie
    Free Member

Do you have a tracking number?

Yodel/HDNL deliver to the door*. Economy service is usually 5-ish working days.

*Collect+ is a joint venture from PayPoint and Yodel.

maccruiskeen

Much like when you drop off a return, the sender will have dropped it off at a shop having first booked it in online. Delivery takes 3 – 5 days but thats not measuring from when the sender booked the delivery, or when they took it to the drop point but when the carrier picked it up. There’ll only be one pick up each day and not necessarily at the end of the day, so it might not have been picked up until the day after the sender dropped it off – your 3-5 days are counted from that point.

But a tracking number should let you know where it is – if it appear to have stayed put at any one point for more than a couple of days then its probably lost.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I like collect+. I can have stuff delivered to the corner shop so I can call in on the way home.

Jamie
    Free Member

Delivery takes 3 – 5 days but thats not measuring from when the sender booked the delivery, or when they took it to the drop point but when the carrier picked it up.

Collect+ suggest otherwise.

barkm
    Free Member

I have 2 post offices within 2 miles of me but they are both awful, staffed by possibly the most obnoxious sour faced jobsworths I have ever had the displeasure of encountering. Without fail they will find some issue with anything I ‘ask nicely’ to post. ON one occasion this resulted in me going back home, getting a tape measure, to show them they were wrong. Expensive, slow, and shut for two hours at lunchtimes.

Collect+ by contrast – awesome. Purchase and print off at home, drop off at local garage, collected, tracked, delivered for a fair price without ridiculous over complication and analysis of size/weight etc.

With any luck, the Post Office will be forced to up their game.

Jamie
    Free Member

Collect+ by contrast – awesome. Purchase and print off at home, drop off at local garage, collected, tracked, delivered for a fair price without ridiculous over complication and analysis of size/weight etc.

They are good until something goes wrong. They lost one of my parcels, and for a surprisingly long time were insisting I contacted the retailer for a refund (Halfords). I told them several times this was not a free return, and I had actually paid for the service. Which, as they had a copy of my invoice and tracking number, I am surprised they couldn’t deduce for themselves. Well….that, and the fact Halfords do not offer free returns with C+.

After about 2 weeks it seemed to click, and I got a refund. Well, after they resent the cheque with the correct name on it 8)

Other than that, they really have made things easier. However, RM finally sorting out their small parcel sizes means I have started to reuse them for some stuff. As, unlike above, my postmaster is a lovely bloke.

rocketman
    Free Member

Royal Mail or ?

round our way it’s a woman named Gloria

maccruiskeen

After about 2 weeks it seemed to click, and I got a refund. Well, after they resent the cheque with the correct name on it

Hand written cheques as well – very quaint.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Who delivers Collect+ parcels?’ is closed to new replies.