Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Who can be awarded TDF wins for 99,00,01,02,03,04,05 ?
  • nwilko
    Free Member

Given USDA are attempting to force the UCI to strip LA’s titles from him (despite him passing tests at the time) “note i am not claiming he was not cheating”.

Is it not only fair to put all other riders through the same process and assume all of guilt.

Given USDA only have remit on USA’s atheletes they cannot review other nationalities hence the UCI should bin all classifications for those years OR force a full review of ALL riders who at the time were not FOUND to be cheating by the authorities. ??

OR

we all accept ppl will work on the fringes of the rules / cheat in the hope of not being found and accept what happened in the past and aim to drive PED out of the sport through ever rigourous testing…

???

mboy
    Free Member

Forget the Lance years, who can actually be awarded the wins for 1960-2010?

The sport still isn’t clean now, but I think we can only safely say we’ve had fully clean winners for the last couple of years for sure, so what to do? Do they just write off 50 years of cycling history?

glupton1976
    Free Member

If nobody else wants the titles I’ll have them and the prize money.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Carlos Sastre was clean.

footflaps

No evidence Jimmy Saville took drugs, let him have them?

Wookster

Well I’ve gone for 2002….I was neither in France or racing therefore I am certainly clean……I’ve also never tested positive…………

cfinnimore
    Free Member

He had everything else footflaps

In other news, i’ll take the titles.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I’ve never been positive about anything which year can I have?

mikey74
    Free Member

The results for all those tours should be declared void.

aracer
    Free Member

The results will be unawarded.

If you were to redo the results by throwing out anybody who was known to be a doper then the winner in 2005 was Cadel Evans (who was 8th in the results posted at the time).

jambalaya
    Free Member

The USDA have no authority to strip LA of his titles. As he never tested positive, and he hasn’t admitted doping seems to me the UCI just leaves the results as they are.

taxi25
    Free Member

They should all stand, but put an astrix agains them, mentioning the lack of efective testing for epo ec.

Stuey01
    Free Member

This is a good article on the topic:
    Blazing Saddles Blog on Eurosport

miketually
    Free Member

The USDA have no authority to strip LA of his titles.

As I understood it, WADA recognise USDA. UCI have to follow what WADA say.

AdeC
    Free Member

A great blog here about this topic by Paul McConville. He’s a Scottish barrister with a healthy interest in all thing interesting…

[/url]

this was written well before USADA released the dossier of evidence against Lance.

Northwind

mboy – Member

Forget the Lance years, who can actually be awarded the wins for 1960-2010?

Well put.

Lifer
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    The USDA have no authority to strip LA of his titles. As he never tested positive, and he hasn’t admitted doping seems to me the UCI just leaves the results as they are.

Are you egyptian?

soobalias
    Free Member

USADAs Reasoned Decision (p155-160) goes into full detail of how and when they have assumed “results management” responsibilities from UCI, partially owing to how events have been investigated. UCI didnt raise a legal arguement to this.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Who can be awarded TDF wins for 99,00,01,02,03,04,05 ?’ is closed to new replies.