Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Who are SIDs for these days?
  • simon_g

Considering an upgrade from the cheapo Recons on my Trek Stache hardtail. Started searching for 29er, 120mm travel, 15mm axle, tapered.

SID RCT3 comes up. The last time I was looking at forks (about 2006) SIDs were very short travel anaemic-looking things for featherweight racers. These are 32mm uppers, will take a 215mm disc, through-axle, etc.

Bad idea for a 15 stone rider? General trail riding with the odd weekend on trailcentre reds. Or should I be getting a Reba or (if it’s possible) reducing the travel on Revelations?

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Latest SIDs have the same chassis as the Reba.Apparently the difference is in the damper.

mlbasiliere
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of just that fork for cross country (on a 100mm Felt Edict). I’m down around 10st but do ride pretty hard. At your size a Revelation RCT3 might be a better choice (same damper, stiffer chassis)… Solo Air Revelations will need a new damper shaft to drop travel- so don’t forget to budget for that.

slackman99
    Free Member

I think the Rebas are about the same weight as the SIDs just with different damping, and cheaper, so might be worth a look. Or you could buy the Marzocchi 44 Micro Ti’s off my Stache (email in profile if interested)

Goldigger
    Free Member

I’m 15 stone without kit..
    I have a 2012 Sid RCT3 on my anthem, it mainly gets used for XC but also some heavier use.
    Still working fine and in one piece.

simon_g

Thanks all – looks like a decent fit for what I want. SID RCT3 with the right numbers wasn’t much more than a Reba from Wiggle (£417) and I love the all-black look.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Who are SIDs for these days?’ is closed to new replies.