Viewing 20 posts - 1,361 through 1,380 (of 1,380 total)
  • Whitwick / Coalville / NW Leicestershire Riders
  • supersessions9-2
    Free Member

As expected I’m not out. Also got manflu so double the excuse. I did have an ace ride in the berwyns on Sunday so not all bad.

I shall secure a pass for next week.

dannyh
    Free Member

Ladies and gents.

See the Swithland Wood thread for the reasons for the following,

We will meet at the usual ‘other place’ next Wednesday as normal. We will discuss a more secure way or organising meets then.

This is childish, but if the cap fits……………

We are going to need to mix things up a bit as well with regards to times and places.

schmiken

Danny, your post seemed a tad obscure – can you email me and elucidate please? Cheers!

scandal42
    Free Member

Seems I have missed an eventful week.

Had a cracker in Wales, they seem to like people riding bikes in the countryside over there, it’s very strange.

dannyh
    Free Member

Had a cracker in Wales, they seem to like people riding bikes in the countryside over there, it’s very strange.

Yep, by and large that’s because most welsh people are grown ups when it comes to riding bikes in the countryside whereas we have to put up with Barbour-jacketed, Hunter-wellied, NIMBY Himmlers.

Get yourself out next week around your gaff and we can thrash out the finer details of how we are going to organise future meets away from prying eyes…………

This thread may, sadly, have run its course. Unfortunately we will have to become an insular little group who can’t attract any newcomers as they won’t be able to find out when we are riding. But, when in Rome/Titville, you have to act like a roman/tit (delete as applicable).

Schmiken (by the way). I heard about the incident and have reported what I heard on the other thread. Pretty clear, I think(?)

It’s the last you’re going to hear from me on the topic of local riding I am afraid, when you are at risk of being ambushed I find it counter-productive to advertise your future movements. Cheerio, and good luck out there!

And yes, I do find all this childish, but when you are dealing with narrow-minded colonel Blimps then that is all you can do is sneak around like oiks.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V1tmkAFb_Os[/video]

jez130
    Free Member

Has something happened? I’m not really following.

BillOddie

X-post…

You do realise that all the information needed for that “ambush” (not convinced that it was an ambush by the way) is freely available to anyone with an internet connection? If you know the area it doesn’t take a CIA investigation to put 2 and 2 together.

Nothing has been let out of the bag by any interaction anyone may have had with any representative Bradgate park so no one has been flushed out.
    You were riding where you weren’t supposed to be, you got busted. Deal with it. You may not agree with the rules but thems the rules. Maybe they’ll change maybe they won’t.

Organising rides on cheeky trails on an open public forum is never going to end well. Even more so if you know a representative of the land your planning on riding on knows of the forum.

In fact I would be wary of organising any ride on an open forum for other reasons like car security, but thats another debate.

dannyh
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=so_TZkc_Hl0[/video]

Merlinman

I think Bill Oddie makes some valid and common sense comments. These are my personal views, BTW, not as a longstanding STW Moderator.

The facts are that if folks choose to ride other than in currently permitted areas and are caught in flagrante delicto they should take it on the chin. We all know the current law is an ass at times as far as access is concerned, but discretion and persuasion are the ways forward.

I’ve ridden this area for 20+ years, opening up many of the Cademan/Gracedieu trails since the early 1990’s and still ride there regularly, but I would never advertise where and when I’m riding on a public forum, especially if I’m riding ‘off piste’. I’ve never yet had a confrontation in the Whitwick area and experienced nothing but friendly banter with people there.

Set yourselves a closed FB group up is my advice and point potential riders to it?

I’m really hoping discussions can get off the ground with the BPT, (and not expecting a sea change in access there) but avoiding conflict in the meantime seems sensible?

dannyh
    Free Member

Set yourselves a closed FB group up is my advice and point potential riders to it?

‘Might have’ already done that…………

As for this thread for organising rides:

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gBzJGckMYO4[/video]

asbrooks

Well, this is disappointing! 🙁 I was hoping to get back out in a couple of weeks. My back is feeling stronger and I’ve been out for a spin a couple of times.
    Danny, I believe that you have my phone number. Please keep me posted on any future developments, mate.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

So. Please can somebody email me with the details of how the ride meet is getting about? Wouldn’t mind joining in again soon. Promise I won’t tell the dirty rangers!

mrbelowski
    Free Member

You coming tonight Mike?

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

No. Planned to but my forks are still in pieces on my work bench. I ordered the wrong bits, waiting for the right bits then I can put them back together.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

I think I’ve just emailed you Mike. I may have emailed someone entirely random and they’ll now think I’m a stalker or something

rascal
    Free Member

Was thinking ‘haven’t the NWLRC been quiet lately’ and just read last few pages (been away).
    Thanks to Peter the ‘mole’ at Bradgate Park – infiltrating, deceitful little man 👿

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Rascal – check your facebook account

rascal
    Free Member

mrbelowski – don’t do Feckbook anymore.
    I’ll call/text dh and get a few of your numbers when I’m up to riding again.
    Keep it going lads 😉

mrbelowski
    Free Member

We only use it to arrange rides – we’re all old as well you know :).

scandal42
    Free Member

Speak for yourself Grandad

Viewing 20 posts - 1,361 through 1,380 (of 1,380 total)

The topic ‘Whitwick / Coalville / NW Leicestershire Riders’ is closed to new replies.