Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 1,380 total)
  • Whitwick / Coalville / NW Leicestershire Riders
  • dannyh
    Free Member

On a related note I tried to get a t-shirt made with a line-drawing of a well known local landmark and the text “I rides where I likes”. Bastards refused to print it because it breached the ‘not causing offence’ section of the company’s terms and conditions. The world’s gone **** mad

I bet they’d be a lot less conscientious if one of the large retailers that stock playboy bunny t-shirts for eight year olds came a-knocking, though.

Luckily we can put said world to rights over a couple of pints later.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

And to add insult to injury they refused to print the other t-shirt with a crude drawing of a space ship that looked a bit like the Enterprise. Man, how will I ever impress the laydeez now 🙁

fin25
    Free Member

I’m in, I’ll be the guy no-one recognises…

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Looks like it’ll be a good turn out. Wonder who’s round it is (hides…)

daveski87
    Free Member

I’m in, I’ll be the guy no-one recognises…

You wont be on your own pal, i’m popping my cherry tonight too! I may also have a friend coming. if he can get his bike sorted out in time

fin25
    Free Member

You need a rear light daveski, I have a couple of spares?

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Crikey, it’ll be quite a gang.

Helpful suggestions for them’s that haven’t ridden with us before (apart from boring stuff like “bring lights & pub money, be on time” etc)… everyone has to be nice to me. I’m allowed to be obnoxious to everyone, especially Scandal for turning up 10 minutes late

everyone
    Free Member

I’ll be the one in the lycra and the niche bike. (Might not be that niche tonight, I should have gears and suspension this time!)

daveski87
    Free Member

Hi fin, if you dont mind lending one tonight that would be great thanks 🙂

daveski87
    Free Member

On way now be about 10 15 mins!

dannyh
    Free Member

Nice ride tonight people. Perhaps a bit ‘mechanical-heavy’ for most peoples tastes, but hey if you go chasing strata segments then you make yourself a target for the karma fairy…….

Nice to see some new faces, hope those of you joining us for the first time enjoyed it.

When we were actually riding, it was a good way to spend a Wednesday evening, when we weren’t, it was a good chance to unleash some black belt piss taking.

Rounded off with a couple of pints in the Curzon.

For those of you who haven’t been before we missed a fair few bits out owing to our unfortunate mechanical issues, so there will be plenty more in store in future.

fin25
    Free Member

Thanks a lot for being patient with my fat self tonight, really enjoyed myself (in between dying up the climbs and wimping out of the drops). Will unfortunately not be around the next couple of Wednesdays (family and work), but this gives me a bit of time to get the fitness (and courage) up for next time.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Aye, so fun riding, some not-so-fun milling about waiting for repairs, but it’s all good and a even the most disappointing evening on the bike kicks the crap out of an evening on the sofa.

Bob – remind me what that CX bike was (I was listening, honest…)

daveski87
    Free Member

Hey guys! really enjoyed my “short” ride last night, even if the up hills were a struggle for my fat arse!

I will hopefully make it all the way to the pub next time! if you can be bothered to wait for me! 😉

fatbob44

Jim – are you paying attention?

Its a Cotic X, 56cm, Orange, 105 Groupset, Hope Pro 3 Hubs, Mavic Open Pro rims.

scandal42
    Free Member

Best do-it all bike on the planet

mrbelowski
    Free Member

I am paying attention. Honest.

Er, what fork’s on it? And where are you so I can look at it?

fatbob44

Its got steel Cotic forks. I can bring it next wednesday or you can come and have a look at home(Old Dalby) or my work (near Costock)

fathomer

Good ride again last night, although puncture happy (I’m looking at you Nathan 😀 )

Can’t make next Wednesday as me n wife are in Wales for a few days. Looking forward to the Peaks a week on Saturday though, maybe bringing a friend as well if he’s welcome.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

If it’s not too much trouble Bob, chuck it in the van for Wednesday and if we can arrive 10 minutes early it’ll give me the chance to kick the tyres, suck air through my teeth and find lots of non-existent faults to complain about

mrbelowski
    Free Member

So who’s up for a mudbath tomorrow? I’m in

dannyh
    Free Member

So who’s up for a mudbath tomorrow? I’m in

Me too!

Don’t give up IT for advertising as a career, though………

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Is it ok if I tag along tomorrow?

Can’t normally make it, 7pm start is too early for me with kids and dogs to deal with. But the missus has gone away for a few days so I have free evenings this week.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Of course, as long as you don’t mind hanging out with Danny

dannyh
    Free Member

Is it ok if I tag along tomorrow?

Yes, of course!

7pm Man Within Compass, Whitwick (ready to ride at seven).

See you there.

rascal
    Free Member

Nein 😥

dannyh
    Free Member

Nein

No, Seven.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

rascal
    Free Member

There doesn’t seem to be a ‘dick’ icon Danny or I’d be adding it 😆

asbrooks

I’ll not be out tonight.. I had my first session with a chiropractor yesterday. I’m feeling quite sore today. He’s suggesting at least 6 more sessions (licence to print money), so unlikely I’m be out for a few weeks yet. I’m hoping I can get out to spin my legs in a couple of weeks, depending how the sessions go.
    Anyway have a good one tonight gents.

dannyh
    Free Member

Having been out for a walk to the cob van on the corner, I don’t think tonight’s ride will be a total mudbath.

It hasn’t rained for nearly two full days, the ground was really dry before Monday and it has been warmish and a bit windy for the last couple of days.

I think conditions may well be perfect. Assuming it doesn’t rain again before 7.

See you there – confirmed attendees are mrbelowski, supersessions9-2 and myself at the moment – anyone else?

We can also have a chat about Saturday’s Peak epic – if you are not there tonight I will post up about it tomorrow to finalise the meet etc.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m coming. Bob – you up for it? If not we’ll have to arrange some other time for me to have a look at this Cotic

fatbob44

Hello, yes I will be out tonight and i have the cx bike in the van. See you all later

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Martinshaw woods last night wasn’t too bad considering the rain on Monday.

See you later.

jez130
    Free Member

I should be there aswell aswell

TiRed

Apologies for barging in, I have a keen nephew in Coleorton who would be looking to ride with a decent mentor (I am up fairly often, but not seldom on Wednesdays). In the past week he’s ridden Red at Swinley and Cannock with me on his Giant XTC, and did pretty well to be honest.

Could someone drop me an email (in profile) about times and dates, and I’ll go into a few more details about the circumstances.

Many thanks

TiRed

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Mentors? Whilst we’re all quite grown up and sensible (some of us even have proper jobs / raised children / marriages, with varying degrees of success) I’m not sure if we’d make good “mentoring material” – the conversation rarely rises above gutter-level and we’re horrible to each other. I guess it’ll depend on how old he is and what your / his expectations are

scandal42
    Free Member

I’m off out now for a bash as I’m engaged this evening unfortunately.

If I can make it I might pop up to the pub to clarify plans for Saturday.

TiRed

He’s 11, and I’d need to organize my travel and his social life to attend and get him to rides, but he is keen!

Expectations are just normal XC riding. Banter is also expected – especially when he rides into trees (seemingly slowly and not infrequently!). But he seems keen and I’d like to bring him on. I am only familiar with Hicks Lodge, which is rather tame, and Cannock, as I’m not local.

I’m also looking for something SS and cheap to ride that I can keep in Coleorton, so I don’t have to keep dragging my bike around. (Any excuse for another bike, really).

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Looking for another bike you say… Hmmm…. (rubs hands). I may be able to assist there if you’re 5 foot 10 or under

dannyh
    Free Member

Looking for another bike you say… Hmmm…. (rubs hands). I may be able to assist there if you’re 5 foot 10 or under

Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 1,380 total)

The topic ‘Whitwick / Coalville / NW Leicestershire Riders’ is closed to new replies.