Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 1,380 total)
  • Whitwick / Coalville / NW Leicestershire Riders
  • jez130
    Free Member

Cant be any worse than Jacobs Ladder.

fathomer

jez130 – Member

Cant be any worse than Jacobs Ladder.

See you say that, but it probably is 😀

dannyh
    Free Member

Not as steep as the ladder, but the lack of gradient makes it more difficult to keep the speed up and the wheels skimming rather than plopping up and down. It’s more like the last two sections of the ladder.

scandal42
    Free Member

She looks an absolute beaut 😀

bottom two sections of the ladder were the hardest as I remember.

scandal42
    Free Member

Fathomer

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/easton-haven-carbon-riser-bar-2014/rp-prod119916

Think you mentioned you wanted these but not for £90

jez130
    Free Member

Dan This is the stats from the route Saturday. Top mornings exercise.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/566839427#.U_DWKNtsuWg.email

fathomer

Cheers Scandal, I’m after Havocs though, which are still about £90 👿

dannyh
    Free Member

Cheers for putting the stats up, Jez. A good ride, and definitely the better of the weather this weekend.

daveski87
    Free Member

So is the usual ride around 20 odd miles on a weds then? I managed to fix my bike this weekend and I went for a ride around Whitwick on Saturday.

Need to find some more trails in there! and also need to find the quarrys! 🙂

daveski87
    Free Member

On another note, I know a few trails around the peak district as I lived in Eyam for 2 years! there is some really good downhill to be had there!

dannyh
    Free Member

So is the usual ride around 20 odd miles on a weds then?

Probably just a bit shy of 20 miles – I’d say 16-18 is about average, depends on the faff-index.

Over a pint in the pub it often becomes 20………

See you Wednesday evening?

Woodhouse Eaves Village Car Park at 7pm ready to ride.

(Opposite Cottage Surgery if you want to google it).

mrbelowski
    Free Member

I should be playin’ out on Wednesday

For some odd reason riding is *really* hurting my legs at the moment – proper can’t-climb-the-stairs aching. No idea why, probably terminal 🙁

Still, I’m **** *awesome* and *rock* so I’ll be there

daveski87
    Free Member

Yes you will indeed! I will be in a blue astra estate lookig like. A. Lost sheep!

daveski87
    Free Member

Aslong as i dont bust my bike again in the next 48 hours!

scandal42
    Free Member

See you there

dannyh
    Free Member

Aslong as i dont bust my bike again in the next 48 hours!

Quite right too – the accepted etiquette is to wait until ten minutes into the ride 😳

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Scandal – is it worth me riding this spare bike on Weds? Is your mate potentially interested? You’ve not told him that I dun bilt it wiv an ‘ammer, have you?

scandal42
    Free Member

I passed the details over but I ant heard owt guv.

He’s a mate of a mate so I would pursue other avenues of sale for the time being.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Furry muff. Might ride it anyway as I’m getting bit fed up with hoofing the fatty over all the gates and stuff

dannyh
    Free Member

Ah, Scandal. Just one thing. Have you still got my chain wear gauge thingy? If so, can you please bring it on Wednesday?

Cheers.

See you bloods then…….

P.S. Nothing wrong with duck egg blue cardies. You just have to be ‘confident’ in yourself to wear them.

fin25
    Free Member

Room on Wednesday for an overweight slowcoach with limited skills/ability/fitness/courage?

dannyh
    Free Member

Room on Wednesday for an overweight slowcoach with limited skills/ability/fitness/courage?

I think you mean another.

So yes. See you there.

fin25
    Free Member

Brilliant! See you there…

scandal42
    Free Member

Danny,

Must apologise, totally forgot about that, just had to check my bag and it is indeed there tucked away. Just checked my chain and it needs replacing, thanks for reminding me 😀

Whats the deal on replacing just the chain? Cassette looks ok to my amature eye and I havent dropped a chain on the nw at all?

dannyh
    Free Member

If the chain and chainring don’t look ‘hooked’ or ‘wavy’ you should be fine.

It’s a fine line to be honest, between the expense of renewing chains or just riding the whole lot into the ground. Either way, when it starts slipping its deffo time for a change of something. After you’ve retrieved your bollocks from your torso having put a big pedal stroke down and it slipping!

The more worn the cassette and ring, the quicker the new chain will wear so, as above, it can be worth riding the whole lot into the ground.

I’d opt for a maximum of three chains to a cassette………

everyone
    Free Member

I’m in for tonight. Might even bring gears, might not though.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

I’m in too, still weighing up the relative merits of fat / thin / bouncy (!). Bring lights this time, eh Nathan? Fool 🙂

daveski87
    Free Member

So how many have we got coming tonight?! i’m looking forward to it! hope we get some good trails in! 🙂 charged all my lights up last night so im going to look like an overpowered xmas tree on wheels!

everyone
    Free Member

I even remembered to put mine on charge this morning!

dannyh
    Free Member

As the Four Tops once sang, “I’ll be there”.

That’s at least four, I think. Enough for some banter, some bike riding and some ale.

Just the ticket.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

You got your cardy yet, grandad?

daveski87
    Free Member

where about’s are we going? will we be heading towards cademan woods?

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Probably not, on the Woodhouse Eaves nights we tend to stay over this side. Danny’s usually in charge of “going”, it’ll be a magical mystery tour for you

daveski87
    Free Member

Swithland woods then! 🙂 I cant wait! although I have managed to snap my rear light off, sure ill be okay though if theres others! 🙂

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Yeah, front light is more important – you can do the road sections in the bunch

dannyh
    Free Member

Shhhhhhhh!

Said woodland may feature at some point, but remember, we are not allowed to talk about it. 😉

And under no circumstances are we allowed to enjoy riding our bikes in the countryside.

See you at seven for no fun whatsoever, at all, ever.

daveski87
    Free Member

ohhh okay I thought we were going for a walk around the said woodland?

no harm in pushing! 😉

daveski87
    Free Member

Yeah, front light is more important – you can do the road sections in the bunch

Yes I certainly have plenty of those 🙂

mrbelowski
    Free Member

No no, we *are* riding in Swithland, up and down the 2 designated cycle tracks, stopping to say “sorry” to every walker we meet.

On a related note I tried to get a t-shirt made with a line-drawing of a well known local landmark and the text “I rides where I likes”. Bastards refused to print it because it breached the ‘not causing offence’ section of the company’s terms and conditions. The world’s gone **** mad

fatbob44

I will be there, although it has just started spitting a bit so may change my mind.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 1,380 total)

The topic ‘Whitwick / Coalville / NW Leicestershire Riders’ is closed to new replies.