Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,380 total)
  • Whitwick / Coalville / NW Leicestershire Riders
  • dannyh
    Free Member

Well, the clean up and repercussions of last night’s ride are in full swing.

I’ve managed to get hold of Smudge at mtbbatteries so the lumenator will be winging its way back to him tomorrow.

Back brake will be getting a bleed either tonight or tomorrow night and the new bb should arrive tomorrow as well.

I might have to surrender my optimism and stick the trailraker and supertacky hi roller back on for Saturday morning – there’s only so much bambi on ice action you can have before a smackdown somewhere.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

My fatty is still in the garage uncleaned. I expect it’s in a right old state 🙁

jez130
    Free Member

After losing both of you and having my tyre explode courtesy of some swithland slate I quite enjoyed my 1.5 mile walk back to my car. Even got offered a lift by a car passing by but declined as it was a new car and was covered in swithland mud. Thanks to both of you for taking the time to find me and offering some sound advice on repairing my bike. New rings ordered and spare tyre on ready for the next ride.

dannyh
    Free Member

Operation ‘get bike working again’ is going well. Rear brake bled, new BB fitted. Now all I need to do is clean up those rotors and stick them on and put some tyres with tread on and I can ride again!

mrbelowski
    Free Member

So are we all playin out again on Wednesday?

dannyh
    Free Member

I certainly hope to be there – work is the issue for me this week.

Bank holiday last week leading to most deadlines being pushed back a day – apart from the one that affects me most. So I now have the normal ridiculous amount of work to do, but stuff won’t be ready for me to start on until a day later. Great!

I’ll be more able to be specific on Wednesday lunchtime – the usual odds for me in this situation are about 75/25 in favour of making it, so I’m still hopeful.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Looks OK for me at the moment. Even the weather forecast doesn’t look quite so ‘orrible as it did

asbrooks

It looks OK for me at the moment. I don’t care about the weather just want to get out..

rascal
    Free Member

I SHOULD be there – Whitwick this week isn’t it?
    Schmiken came to the rescue last night with a bit of bike maintenance.
    I couldn’t get the gears right after the snapped chain as the frigging hanger wasn’t straight – not obvious to look at but he has some magic tool for checking it – it was actually way out.
    Full rear brake bleed so hopefully no sticky pistons anymore – I’ll still be slow, though I hope to not be riding like a nobber again like 2 weeks ago! 😳

schmiken

🙂

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Perhaps we could fit you with some kind of GPS tracker to make it easier to find you when you go missing again 🙂

rascal
    Free Member

Yep – had a bit of an off day it’s fair to say 😉

dannyh
    Free Member

I’d say I’m now 90/10 in favour of being able to make it. Looks like it going to piss down all day tomorrow, but don’t worry as Jim and I took a crash course in wet weather survival last Wednesday whilst the rest of you were watching Corrie or whatever 😉

jez130
    Free Member

I could always bring a long price of rope and tie u to the end of it.

scandal42
    Free Member

Unfortunately lads I’m declaring myself out this week. Tomorrow is the only night I’ve got to rebuild the bike and give it a good going over before the Lakes on Saturday.

Was hoping to give it a test run but things have gone against me.

Have a goodun and ill most definitely see you in a couple of weeks.

asbrooks

Gents, I’m going to have to bow out this evening. It’s not because of the weather. no really… 🙄
    Hopefully I’ll be out next week, come rain or shine. 😆
    Have a good one chaps!

fatbob44

Hello, I have my bike with me and will be out tonight.
    See you later.

fathomer

I’m out, got to work unfortunately.

dannyh
    Free Member

Right then – Rag n Mop car park at 7pm.

From what I can see above the roll call is:

Me (barring any work-related silliness)
    Mrbelowski
    Rascal
    Jez
    Bob

See you there……………

rascal
    Free Member

Me (barring any work-related silliness)
    Mrbelowski
    Rascal
    Jez
    Bob

Sorry chaps. Now going to Lakes Fri and as I have stuff on tomorrow night that leaves tonight to get my shit together. Plus I’m riding to work tomorrow (not that that makes that much difference). Yes – I am a ponce.
    Enjoy – should be some ‘interesting’ bike handling on display 😉

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Arrgghh, Clare’s not well at the moment so I’m only 50/50 for tonight. It’s got nothing to do with the weather, shite as it is. If she perks up enough to keep the monkeys out of mischief I’ll be there, but otherwise I’ll have to referee bed time 🙁

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Sorry to drop out on such a glorious night, but it’s a definite ‘no’ for me

jez130
    Free Member

I should be there.

dannyh
    Free Member

No worries for those of you who couldn’t make it, Jez, Bob and I had a fun ride around the local environs. The route we took wouldn’t come as a surprise to most of you, just riding some nice stuff that is now becoming nicely familiar.

Conditions were more wet than muddy, but mud is still in abundance. Most of Cademan and other bits are still firm with a loose slippery top, but much more rain and I think we are heading into slurry territory.

Still, a nice ride in some challenging conditions. Setting up for corners and little drops and jumps and thinking “please don’t twitch or slip on me now”, I certainly had one big moment as I thought I’d set up nicely for a little drop, but the front wheel slipped, I tensed up but luckily managed to steer away from the highest bit to a bit you could roll down. No major mechanicals to report, either. One slightly shonky battery bag needed strapping to my frame with zipties, but other than that no ripped tyres, cranks falling off, snapped chains etc. Big up to Jez and Bob for making it out in the drizzle and making it a good ride.

All rounded off with a pint of pedigree at the pub. A much better way of spending the evening than watching a pointless friendly against the might of Ecuador.

See you next Wednesday evening, 7pm Woodhouse Eaves Village car park.

jez130
    Free Member

Another good ride last night. Even enjoyed hugging that tree in cademan woods.

asbrooks

Jez, I would never have taken you for a tree huger! 😀

jez130
    Free Member

When you lose control and hit one head on u got no choice.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

So who’s out tomorrow then? I’ll be playin

dannyh
    Free Member

I am hoping to be there (90% chance I would say).

Work is not the issue this time – the house move saga has taken a very annoying turn and our buyers have been a bit ‘wobbled’ by our new nob-head next door neighbour putting in a planning application for a large loft conversion. Great timing, mate, well done you(!) 🙄

Anyhow, our buyers are coming round at 6pm tomorrow to have a look at what it would look like from our house – hopefully they’ll have buggered off again by 6-45pm, but if things are getting a bit stressy I’ll probably want to stick around.

If I’m not there by 7 I’ll be riding anyway, but don’t wait for me(!)

Moving house has to be one of the most depressing things from the point of view of losing your faith in people and their good intentions.

Rule number one of moving house: All people will act like bastards in the end. Get your retaliation in first…….

rascal
    Free Member

Hope to be.
    Got a trapped nerve or something in left shoulder/neck area so have to move all my body to turn my head left – getting on my tits now. If better I’ll be there…if not it’s a no. If I’m not there at 7 don’t wait…hopefully see you then chaps 🙂

Lucas
    Free Member

I live just south of Nottingham and have watched the thread with interest as I often ride the road bike round this way. Just got a new bike (took it to the peak on Sunday) and keen to ride a bit more local to home so I’ll come and join in if your nice to me. 7pm in Woodhouse Eaves car park right?

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Of course, all are welcome. I’ll be there on the beast.

The plan is to be ready to ride at 7

schmiken

Fingers crossed I’ll be there.

asbrooks

Things are looking good for me too.

jez130
    Free Member

I’ll be there too

muddyfool

ready to ride at 7

Things have changed 🙂

I’m hoping to get out for a ride tonight. I’m not sure I’ll be there by 7, and if I do then I may well have to leave you to it either due to an intermittent knee injury or my complete lack of fitness, having only ridden about 100 miles in the last 6 months. But I know my way around the area well enough so no problems if that happens.

So I might be there, or might bump into you somewhere in the area. Either way, have fun – looks like a nice evening for it!

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Well the ‘ready at 7’ thing is more of an aspiration :). It’s not like we all leave at 7 on the dot even if some folks are still getting ready

muddyfool

Haha, no worries. I just remember the first few of these there was always one (usually me tbh) who turned up at 5 or 10 past when everyone else was ready to go. Makes sense to be specific. 🙂

Anyway, I’m running late tonight and I’d be even later than that by the time I load up the car and drive over so will just head out from home instead and leave the group thing for another week. My physio would approve anyway since I’m still supposed to be riding gently.

Have a good one!

placid_casual
    Free Member

Was it you that I passed as you were coming up the short, sharp one in Woodhouse Eaves last night?

asbrooks

Another great ride last night gents! Thanks again Danny.
    My knee held out fine which is encouraging.

Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,380 total)

The topic ‘Whitwick / Coalville / NW Leicestershire Riders’ is closed to new replies.