Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,380 total)
  • Whitwick / Coalville / NW Leicestershire Riders
  • dannyh
    Free Member

Anyone up for an early(ish) morning ride on Sunday(5th)?

I was going to do my ‘long’ weekend route starting from mine at about 8-30am if anyone is keen.

I basically start in Woodhouse Eaves, work my way over to Gracedieu via a few interesting tracks and then back again via a few other interesting tracks. Optional add-ons are always possible.

Should clock in at a little over 22 miles with a probable 60:40 split in favour of off-road.

It’s a good winter route – doable in 3 hours in summer (by me) – a bit longer in the slop.

Let me know ASAP – if you are up for it I’ll arrange a meeting point and time.

Cheers.

scandal42
    Free Member

Usually every Wednesday Ruffride, keep your eyes peeled for updates on here roughly Monday / Tuesday.

I won’t be making next week as I’m off to Centre Parcs for the week 8)

May well be up for that Danny, will be a decision made on Saturday however so I’ll be sure to let you know.

Possibly going for a blip round Cannock tomorrow, depending how I’m feeling after a 30th tonight.

jez130
    Free Member

Definitely up for that. Can only do weekends now anyway as working away in Dorchester for 6 weeks from Monday. Kinda sucks ass really.

dannyh
    Free Member

Ok.

Everyone who is up for a nice mud fest tomorrow morning meet at Curzon Arms car park at 8-30am.

Ride should be in the region of three and a half hours if we go at social pace.

See you there(?)

scandal42
    Free Member

Sounds good Danny,

will drive over and possible bail when we reach my neck of the woods depending on how my ‘man flu’ aching legs are feeling.

rascal
    Free Member

Happy New Year NWLRC!
    Like the idea but in-laws will be here in the next hour…would be bad form to bugger off at 8am tomorrow so can’t make it. Enjoy…it will very sloppy out there!

jez130
    Free Member

Hope u both walked back ok haha. The valve had no thread in the middle which was a bit strange. Fobbing me off with dodgy innertubes. Closer look at the tyre and 2″ slit on the sidewall. Only done 20 miles on it so back to the shop it goes. Hope to c u all soon for a another weekend ride.

dannyh
    Free Member

Yes, got back ok. I (for one) was in ‘survival’ mode by that point. After three to four weeks of boozing I found today extremely tough! I would say that I was more knackered today than if I’d been in the Peaks, mainly due to the slogging through the cack.

Roll on some hard frosts.

Dodgy inner tubes, cheek! I’m pretty certain that one had a continuous thread, so I reckon the thread might be added to the valve, rather than being machined ‘out’. Anyway, it goes quite near the top of my ‘random mechanicals’ list.

Looking on the bright side, if you did put a two inch gash in you tyre when going over the bars, then whatever did it could have done similar to your skin! Sometimes it doesn’t bear thinking about what could have happened.

Scandal, hope you got your roast dinner. I am broken now.

scandal42
    Free Member

Might surprise you Danny but I quite enjoyed the ride 🙂

just had dinner, oh and the obligatory red wine, back to square one.

shame about the strange valve issue jet, you missed an absolute slog.

Still, fantastic to get back in the saddle after a prolonged absence, although 21 miles and 2300ft of climbing in that slop was a stretch in the end.

not available this week but hopefully kick things off next week.

dannyh
    Free Member

2300 feet?

Is that really right?

If it is, it just goes to show that it is more hilly around here than you think!

I also enjoyed the ride, I was just struggling a bit too much for it to be completely fun!

Still, it needed to be done, if I hadn’t forced myself out and endured a bit of pain, then it would have just been delaying the inevitable.

I may make Wednesday night, but I might not as work will be crazy for the next couple of weeks. If I can, I will be there.

scandal42
    Free Member

Yep, according to Strava which I find to usually be very accurate on my other rides.

There are not many instances where you are riding flat between Woodhouse and Whitwick way.

theglover
    Free Member

Anyone planning on being out tomorrow?

It will be muddy… but it looks like the wind will have buggered off.

fathomer

Not tomorrow unfortunately, got plans.

Oh, and happy new year everyone!

rascal
    Free Member

Very doubtful TBH…I need to get some miles in so I’m not dragging everyone else back.
    Just out of interest where is the ride tomorrow?

I’ll be out biking locally somewhere Sun, and doing a Cannock trip on Sun 26th if anyone fancies either.

Have fun boys.

dannyh
    Free Member

I really want to be out tomorrow night, but I can’t commit to it as work is not very pleasant at the moment.

Can anyone ‘lead’ a ride in one of our two locations if I can’t make it?

I know that scandal and Jez can’t make it, and I see rascal is out too, so does anyone feel confident enough (in local knowledge terms) around here to do it?

If the meet is 7pm on the Woodhouse eaves village car park that will maximise my chances of making it, but then that’s just me being selfish!

I would say I was genuinely 50-50 to make it.

Sorry to be non-committal, but I don’t want to leave a load of people standing in a car park!

dannyh
    Free Member

Can’t make it tonight. At home, but having to dial in to work to do some more. 🙁

Let’s see if we can get something happening next week?

ruffride
    Free Member

Any one from this way out today I’m swadlincote way

rascal
    Free Member

Just thought I’d look to see who’s about tomorrow night.
    No-one by the looks of it!
    Anyway – I’m declaring myself out yet again…not because of work – because I was out Sunday afternoon and cleaning bike and all my gear was a pain early evening…never mind doing it when I get back all shat up and not around this weekend to do it either – yes, I’m a pussy 😆

jez130
    Free Member

Could be worse. You could be working away in Dorchester like me.

fatbob44

I am planning to be out tomorrow, anyone else?

dannyh
    Free Member

Hi Bob.

I’d like to be out, but I am still in the frigging crazy fortnight at work. Are you alright to ride solo from Woodhouse eaves if I can’t make it?

If you are ok with my uncertainty, then I reckon Woodhouse eaves car park at 7pm is the go, I just can’t guarantee I’ll be there (again).

Stick a reply on here and we can take it from there. 😐

scandal42
    Free Member

Evening chaps

I am hoping to be out tomorrow but I won’t be able to say for sure until tomorrow.

muddyfool

Hi all

I’m still a definite no unfortunately, and will be for a few more weeks yet. The knee problem still hasn’t gone away but have finally been to see the knee doctor who has given me a series of activities to perform twice a day… plus strict instructions not to ride for another 6 weeks. 🙁

So hopefully early March, by which time it’ll be almost 3 months since I’ve had a proper ride so I reckon I’ll have some catching up to do!

Hope you manage to keep the rides going in the meantime, I’ll be back out there as soon as I can!

fatbob44

OK, I will be at Woodhouse Eaves Car Park at 7pm.

Hope you can make it out Danny and Scandal.
    Anyone else?

scandal42
    Free Member

Hi chaps

work was no issue, however we have had a family bereavement so I shall be going round to see the rents tonight.

Sorry Bob, hope you still get out and enjoy.

I will be riding this weekend if anyone is keen?

dannyh
    Free Member

I ain’t gonna make it tonight. Work is shit. No other word for it. Sorry for this – please feel free to take it up with the powers that be here if you like………. 😈

Scandal – I’ll stick a post on here later about the weekend. I will check at home when I can get out and let yo know……

Got to ride at the weekend if I’m missing tonight.

fatbob44

As it looks like it would be just me, myself and I, think I will head home and have a quick spin round my not so much fun but straight out the door stuff.

Hope you all get some riding in at the weekend and we will try and sort something for next week.

jez130
    Free Member

I will be up for the weekend that’s if my bike doesn’t brake after the first 300 yards.

dannyh
    Free Member

Yes, sorry about all this. I got home at 7.10 (so too late for meet). Also have a bit of a headache after yet another day of:

AN Other: I just need a ‘quick’ report doing.

Me: What’s the deadline (bearing in mind it is our year end reporting period and our auditors are in and crawling all over us, so I am already up to my eyeballs and staying late every evening)?

AN Other: End of the day.

Me: You do realise it is 4-45pm, don’t you?

It is starting to get on my tits.

I will be riding locally on Saturday morning if anyone is interested, I’ll probably want to be setting out from home to maximise riding time as I have a sort of deadline – hope that is alright.

dannyh
    Free Member

I’ll be out tomorrow morning from mine at about 8-30am.

If anyone is interested we can make it an ‘official’ meet, if not, I’ll ride solo.

Cheers.

jez130
    Free Member

Would love to come but come down with a bad case of elephant flu (a common cold). At home next week so should make Wednesday night.

scandal42
    Free Member

Can’t do tomorrow either. Will possibly ride over this way for an hour if I get time in the morning.

hoping for a bigger ride on Sunday.

Have a good one Danny

dannyh
    Free Member

Cheers scandal. I did have a good un this morning although I got some sort of random pinch flat and also managed to snap a rear spoke at gracedieu. Zip tied the broken one to another one and rode home with no ill effects, but it would have to be the drive side of the rear wouldn’t it? Thinking of it, I’ve never broken a spoke that wasn’t drive side rear. Sod’s law innit.

That path next to the res at the bottom of the field is now a pond. You can’t put your feet anywhere that isn’t under water, but it is (just) rideable. It was very wet, but the main track to the top of Bardon is eroding fast, it will be a worthy little descent soon so long as no bright spark resurfaces it. Those fence post don’t want to shift, though!

scandal42
    Free Member

These mechanicals seem to be following you around mate.

I went for a ride over this way on Sunday, it was an utter mud bath for the most part and a very difficult 15 miles.

Are we riding this week?

dannyh
    Free Member

Yes we are riding this week. Or at least I am(!)

Can I set the meet as 7-00pm village car park Woodhouse Eaves?

We can take it from there. I’m really hoping these frosts will just try a little bit harder so that the ground hardens up a bit. I’m still waiting for the first ‘clear and frosty’ night ride of the winter season – or even snowy night ride.

dannyh
    Free Member

That’s 7pm on wednesday for anyone who reads this on the off-chance.

scandal42
    Free Member

I should be there.

A clear and frosty evening would be fantastic.

jez130
    Free Member

Count me in.

fatbob44

I’m not going to make it this week.

It seems its my turn to have knee problems with an old injury playing up. Probably be off the bike for a couple of weeks and maybe need an op. but should find out more next week.

Have a good one tomorrow and fingers crossed for some colder weather soon.

scandal42
    Free Member

Seems to be clearing up nicely now, don’t think we will be enjoying a frosty (grippy) ride though.

Might be about time for a rear guard 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,380 total)

The topic ‘Whitwick / Coalville / NW Leicestershire Riders’ is closed to new replies.