Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Whites Level v Y Wal – which is the easier to 'navigate' at night
  • gribble
    Free Member

As above.

Going to do a (bill no mates solo) night ride and want to make it as easy as possible, as I only ride either one infrequently and I know they have made some changes to Whites Level (in terms of the route) recently.

weeksy

You’re going to ride Afan, in the dark, on your own ?

gribble
    Free Member

Yes. Why?

weeksy

dunno… it’s either quite brave… or quite foolish…

either way…i wouldn’t be doing it 🙂

gribble
    Free Member

Well, there is a vote of confidence right there!

Possibly foolish is the best description. I am hardly one to throw caution to the wind. Other option is to head out 1st thing in the morning and at least that way I am more likely to be picked up by a passing cyclist…

GolfChick
    Free Member

Have you not got any mega local trails you ride all the time? Dont think I’d do a unridden a lot trail in the dark… I know its tough tho coming from someone who now works 9-5 did my first go at it last night and its hugely different to routes i know flippin well!

gribble
    Free Member

I am not local to Swansea area unfortunately. I have done plenty of the local trails at night where I live, (Surrey Hills) and some are pretty quiet, but arguably not as weather exposed.

I have ridden The Wall a few times now, but obviously different when you only do it twice a year at best.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Whites Level v Y Wal – which is the easier to 'navigate' at night’ is closed to new replies.