Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Whitelees pike from Grizedale
  • stevedoc
    Free Member

Free pass Saturday means I im off to Keswick for a day of peace ,quiet and hills , I have wanted to do Whiteless pike for a while and looking at the routes /maps I would like to incorporate Grizedale in the start ,and finish running back from Whiteless breast and back down Rigg Beck .

I know Whiteless pikes been done to death before on here but I cant seem to find any routes from Grizedale mentioned

Is it do able or is it the Borrowdale valley for me as a back up

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Best done from Braithwaite IMHO.
    Up Coledale Beck; Whiteless; Buttermere; Up Sail Beck; Rigg Beck

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

double post

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stevedoc
    Free Member

Like a full on berkl the title should have read Grisedale ! not griZedale

fergal
    Free Member

Have done that, it’s the logical loop, enjoy.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Cheers for that , after the run down Rigg Beck then a run up Cat bells might be in order and back to Keswick rugby club for the van

cheers

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

If you want to extend it and you appreciate a bit of tech, I’d recommend adding Red Pike, like this: https://www.strava.com/activities/592071030

You could, as you say, add Catbells but if the weather’s good, and on a Saturday, that’ll be like playing skittles with tourists.
    A better option might be to sack off Rigg Beck and climb to Causey Pike.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Thanks for that Ecky, I will have a good look at Red pike and see how I feel after the Whiteless descent, if I’m in the mood the Red might get tried, thanks

stevedoc
    Free Member

Cheers for the pointers Ecky and nice to meet up with you even though it was a total fluke, the final run down Rigg beck was fun and you’re mate was right about that off camber rock,, almost got me.. Almost 😉

TomB

For next time, worth starting from whinlatter pass and using red south loop climb to get high on grisedale. Descend whiteless pike and rannerdale, then climb gasgale Gill and return to grisedale summit, descending hobcarton end back to car. Nice round trip but the gasgale gill climb is bitty, mostly pushing.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed in Stevedoc. Always a pleasure to bump into somebody off here.

fergal
    Free Member

Hobcarton end is a mess just now, is it not.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Whitelees pike from Grizedale’ is closed to new replies.