Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • White shirt – Where to buy?
  • jfletch
    Free Member

While trying on a suit in Reiss I borrowed one of their plain white shirts. Nice fabric, crisp, fitted, felt high quality and you couldn’t see my nips though it.

But £79 😯

So where can I get a similar shirt without having to pay for the brand as well as the shirt?

jonba
    Free Member

tm lewin

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Men’s white shirts are available from clothes retailers throughout the UK and online.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lewin’s quality has gone rapidly downhill of late, IMO.

Budget – M&S, Charles Tyrwhitt
    Other – Roderick Charles (Although often cheaper than most when they have a sale one!)

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

T.M. Lewin/Charles Tyrwhitt do relatively decent shirts in a good range of sizes. Worth a look in both of those. Thomas Pink can be ok if you find the right thing in a sale, but pretty pricey otherwise.

I tend to find very few other places have the different cuts and sleeve lengths I need to get a remotely good fit.

footflaps

M&S do custom fit as well as off the shelf.

lunge

Charles Thyritt for me. In fact I am wearing one now.

TooTall
    Free Member

Flashy – I’ve found the last couple of shirts I’ve had from Lewins were far superior fabric to several of my older shirts. Only Lewins do my sleeve length OTP so I’m stuck with them.

fletch – you may not like any of the recommendations as they may be a bit traditional for you. Many, like Lewins, do a slim fit now.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Charles Thyritt for me. In fact I am wearing one now.

Yup, same here, all my work shirts are from here…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hmm, might have to nip back in for another look on my next trip to the tailors then! (Due another whistle at some point, so why not!)

titusrider
    Free Member

Anyone else have trouble finding shirts skinny enough fit?

I am too slim for lewin full fitted or whatever the skinny one was.

I end up having to spend loads if i want something that really fits me.

where does a really skinny fit reasonably priced?

hora
    Free Member

M&S shirts are appalling IMO. I once took a fitted one back and demonstrated that it fitted comfortably over me in a coat. The Manager still blatantly argued that it was fit for purpose.

At least Reiss shirts have a great fit/are very flattering to wear.

Onzadog
    Free Member

CT for me. Wearing one now and they’re currently doing 4 for £100

In fact, there will be four new ones waiting for me when I get home. Spot on for work where I know they might get ditched.

jfletch
    Free Member

M&S shirts are appalling IMO.

This. I’ve worn better fitting bin bags.

At least Reiss shirts have a great fit/are very flattering to wear.

Yeah – I’m erring on the side of £79 being worth it for something that isn’t just for work.

But given the likelyhood I will spill red wine on it, maybe not!

hora
    Free Member

I know £79 is just too much though isn’t it 🙁

I always wait for the sales at Reiss but the recent sales are all stingy on both stock and pricing.

jonba
    Free Member

What about Hilditch and Key?

I have a few ties from there but know nothing of their shirts – My wife gets some workwear from there.

I also inherited some Turnbull and Asser ties but I’ve just looked on their website and seen the prices – I’m going to stop wearing them when I go spray painting and the shirts are quite expensive!

Coyote
    Free Member

Next. Perfectly OK for the money. A good range of fits too.

redwoods
    Free Member

For further savings you can also get £10 off a £100 shop (which includes their 4 shirts for £100 offer) and £12% cashback through Topcashback for Charles Twit at the moment… tis wot we did for Onzadog’s latest crop of workwear shirtery 🙂

mefty
    Free Member

I used to wear Hilditch & Key as they were only marginally more expensive than Lewins but then the price differential rose and rose and I didn’t think the difference in quality justified it

nicko74

Pink. £59 for their most economical range, good choice of cuts too.

hairymtnbiker
    Free Member

I find Charles Tyrwhitt way to big.. The slimfit shirts really shouldn’t be called slimfit IMHO. I sent the shirts back and haven’t been back since.

T.M. Lewin I need to go fully fitted to get a decent fitting shirt.

I actually find Next and Zara to be the best fitting.

aP
    Free Member

I bought a couple of Reiss shirts but found the fit odd, and the quality poor. Reiss isn’t a shop I’ll be returning to.
    I tend to buy my shirts at agnés b, which suits me, as I’ve been buying clothing there since 1988.
    I did try the kooples recently but they’re ludicrously expensive. Reasonable quality shirts, but certainly not worth twice Reiss.

igm

Pink outlet at York

nbt

TK Maxx for all these shirts at reduced prices 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

+1 for Maxxing it up.

hmanchester
    Free Member

I’m also in need of some slim fit shirts. The tm lewin slim fit ones really aren’t, but the fully fitted ones are better.

What are the Charles tyrwhitt extra slim ones like, anyone know?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Sue Ryder, Oxfam , Gok Wan’s bin

uwe-r
    Free Member

TK max can be excellent for shirts / shoes / belts. Stay away from the suits unless you have all day to wade through the random sizes.

kayak23

you couldn’t see my nips though it.

Get a cheap shirt and nipple covers.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘White shirt – Where to buy?’ is closed to new replies.