Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • White saddles and grips…. a joy or a pain?
  • tinsy
    Free Member

Are they a really bad idea on a do it all every day MTB?

Specifically a white charge spoon saddle, I had a brown one that seemed to stay pretty clean, but do the white ones?

cp

do you live in the uk? i think you know the answer!!!!!

Jezwick
    Free Member

I put some white Peaty grips on my bike for a bit of tongue in cheek bling and their still pretty white to be fair, most crap just washes of them !!!

tinsy
    Free Member

Ha ha, you are quite correct of course, I was kinda hoping someone would say the opposite though and that Charge saddles stay persil white…

I know the grips are going to darken up with death grip…

oddjob
    Free Member

I had white bar tape on my road bike and that lasted about 1 month in the summer so I can't imagine it working out any better on a mountain bike…

crispybacon
    Free Member

White saddles and grips…. a joy or a pain?(

depending on which one you sit on it will either be a joy or a pain 😉

my white girps were 'white' up until I went out & rode in the mud 😕

tinsy
    Free Member

I wasnt going to be doing the east european women fixie rider thing and sitting on the bars backwards… 🙂

sheldona
    Free Member

My like new white saddle has been used for 4 rides, it now has brown bits on where the white has worn away 🙁

Looks nice but not pratical

nobtwidler
    Free Member

My white grips went muddy brown within 14seconds of use, but my white saddle comes back to white when I wash it.

Kit
    Free Member

White saddles tend to look fine as the leather wipes clean(ish). Mine is probably 3 years old and still looks OK. Grips, on the other hand, look crap after a couple of rides…

njee20
    Free Member

Yeah white saddles are fine, all my saddles are white come to think of it, but white grips are not a good idea if you like things to look 'new'.

chela
    Free Member

My white bits, so to speak, are fine.

My saddle tends to pick up dye if I ride so far as to the postbox in jeans. But it rubs off straight away with a damp cloth.

Grips are ok too. Though I often ride without gloves in summer and I think bare hands are cleaner.

In summary, it's best not to wear any clothing on your white bits.

zangolin
    Free Member

White saddle white grips all the way.

All my bikes have white saddles (SLR is my choice – stupid light + comfy for me), grips or white hadle bar tape on the road + track bikes.

I like to think of them as the "white stilettos" of the bike world. My wife left her handbag in the garage one night – next morning the bikes had formed a circle around it!

Bit of soapy water + a sponge has them looking like new.

Country_Gent
    Free Member

Zangolin,

LMFAO. Tinsy lives in Essex too. The white kit is to go with his leopard-print bib-shorts!

tinsy
    Free Member

Its will have to be a charge saddle as it fits in with my budget, I need new grips for the new build anyhow so was contemplating a white saddle n grips, as there really isnt going to much black at all left on this bike, tyres, brakes and bars are black, but thats it…

I know white will look ace, I realize the grips will go off white… oh sod it… white spoon here I come!!!
    (can always pop the black one on for the worst of the winter riding)

Gary_M
    Free Member

I put white bar tape on my road bike last year – never again. Looked crap after a few weeks use. Just goes gray and looks naff.

tinsy
    Free Member

Prepare to be DAZzled CG…. (can you see what I did there?)

LoulaBella
    Free Member

I have that bloke in his pyjamas to jet wash the mud off mine. You should get one!

Not sure about grips I think they would get pretty crappy quickly. I would like white rims but have only found one company that make them.

turboferret

I have a mainly white snakeskin effect SLR on my Orange, it's awesome 😀

Was even better when it matched my old white frame, but such is life 🙂

You could always use some tip-ex if it doesn't stay super white.

Cheers, Rich

mamadirt
    Free Member

Had mine since April (it's been on 3 different bikes 😉 ) and still looks great . . . OK so I know this pic was taken a while ago.

Quick wipe down with Swarfega orange after a ride and it looks good again . . . soon ditched the white grips though (easy enough to clean but they soon go yellowish).

tinsy
    Free Member

I am sold, but now I cant find a charge spoon, chromo rail in white in stock anywhere!!

turboferret

Here seems to have it, although their stock availability isn't obvious…

Cheers, Rich

JxL
    Free Member

Got White grips and saddle on my singlespeed and never looked
    back. Leather cleans off very easily and not too much maintenence. Tend to clean after the ride to avoid stains though

tinsy
    Free Member

Thanks turboferret… hows things?

out of stock…

turboferret

Always happy to provide useless links 🙂

Things good here, although spending 75% of my time in Dubai – if it's under 40 degrees for biking, that's considered pleasant!

Battery holders still selling well, your pattens holding up beautifully 😀

Cheers, Rich

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘White saddles and grips…. a joy or a pain?’ is closed to new replies.