Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • White industries ENO hubs
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

do they put significantly more torq on the dropouts than a standard hub?

Debating that fixie one for sale in the classifides, just thinking whether either the skinny foreward facing steel dropouts on the fixie project could take it, as they dont wrap arround the axel like a normal dropout, or would it be ok if i ran it all the way back and took out the adjustment screws?

Or if the cannondale CAAD4 frame could handle it. Its got fairly thick plate aluminium dropouts, but suspect the stays they’r attached to may be quite thin.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I stuck an Eno flip-flop hub in an On-One inbred and rode it fixed for 60 miles without issue.

Didn’t really think about it, just rode out to the New Forest with it as a free wheel, flipped over to fixed and rode around the forest. I don’t think torque was a problem, I would have only tightened it with a trail tool when I flipped it.

HTTP404
    Free Member

Looking at the number of fixed conversions being ridden around London – not sure why you think skinny forward facing drop-outs couldn’t take it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

it’s not the fixed bit i’m worying about, its the fact that the hub is off center, and so some part of the axel is pushing down on the dropout, whereas on a nromal hub its suppourted almost entirely by the top of the dropout. And old roadie bikes foreward facing dropouts have very little holding the bottom of the dropout to the top.

jonathan
    Free Member

If you’ve got forward facing dropouts why do you need the eccentric?

Anyway – not noticed any problems with one on an old CAAD3 frame here.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I dont ‘need’ one, but it would allow me to run either bike as a fixed. And I’m tempted to get a new road bike at some point, which could mean selling the ‘fixie’ and converting/demoting the current ‘nice’ road bike.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Does anyone know of a good place to pick up a track/fixed rear wheel at a reasnoble price?

Preferably all silver, but open to other colours, with as fewer spokes as possible.

jonathan
    Free Member

Most of the cheaper track hubs only come in 32 or 36 hole, so you’ll be lucky to get less spokes than that. Also the cheaper hubs tend to be sold as pairs – see Parkers. Give them a call though – they should be able to do you something at a good price I’d have thought.

HTTP404
    Free Member

CRC have the halo aeroage for £76 if you can wait a few weeks.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=28614

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

seen those haro’s, look good, but weigh more than the planet x ones, which are £50 cheeper a pair as well.

Actualy, now i think about it its hard to justify anything other than the PX ones byt he time ive bought spokes, even transplanting rims off an old wheelset (some loverly light wolber clinchers) would be more costly.

simondbarnes

I ran an eccentric eno on an old cannondale frame for a couple of years without any bother at all.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘White industries ENO hubs’ is closed to new replies.