Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • White Ind. Magic 29er fork advice please.
  • Pitto
    Free Member

Anyone had much experience with them? I’ve heard that they need serviced every half mile…..

Easy enough to service at home?

Cheers,
    Chris

ton

i had a set of the 130mm 29r ones
    not very impressed with them.
    i had to run a lot of air in them to stop them sagging, but this made the travel very very notchy feeling.

Pitto
    Free Member

Cheers for that, a set of the 80mm may be on offer in a deal for a frame. Heard they were a bit errati, mind of their own etc.

I tested them a while back and to be honest I didnt really notice them as was I was demoing a SS 29er so was maybe paying more attention to that.

They say the things that work the best are the things you dont notice etc…. Did you have them serviced regulary etc?

ton

to be honest, i got shot of em and got some reba 120mm.
    brilliant forks…….so good you dont notice em.. 8)

ajantom

I’ve got some 26″ White Brothers forks – not the Magics, but all of their single crown forks are built around the same design – they just update the internals every few years. This means a lot of spares are interchangeable and very easy to get hold of.

They are very easy to do a basic service – 5mm allen key in the bottom of each leg and out they pop.

You can also update the seals with Enduros – well worth it for British weather!

Pitto
    Free Member

Good to know, as I’m quite happy to service them myself.

Have only started to service my own forks(realising its not as hard as I thought). Not changed seals yet only been clean & oil top up etc. So how much do enduro seals cost approx?

ajantom

£15-20 I got some from Enduro direct for £24.99 inc. postage.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘White Ind. Magic 29er fork advice please.’ is closed to new replies.