Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • White goods delivery saga
  • kimbers

for anyone that cares…..

ordered a new fridge freezer and dishwasher 3 weeks ago

to be delivered on

attempt 1 Sunday 5th between 1 & 6pm cancelled due to driver illness
    attempt 2 rescheduled without asking for Tuesday, but we werent in as we were at work,
    attempt 3 resceduled for Friday 7-11 slot but told it would be first drop of the day so 8am at the latest, driver rang at 7-30 to say itd be there at 8-30, I rang him back at 9 to find it was 5th drop of the day and hed be another 30 mins, which was no good as I was already late for work
    attempt 4 rescheduled for Sunday 7-11am slot, miracle!! they turned up (at 11-30) dishwasher is lovely fridge has a big dent in the side
    attempt 5 reschedule for Monday, my parents agree to kindly wait in at ours till it arrives 1-5pm slot, so it arrives at 5-30 with 2 huge dents in it, driver books a new one for redilvery 7-11 slot next day, 4th drop so 8am for sure
    attempt 6 my dad waited in this morning and………. no fridge, rang them, its actually booked on the 2-6pm slot, which is no good as my dad has to go

im not even sure we want the fridge now, I just want to see if they can actually manage to deliver an intact item

its from Currys and their in house ‘delivery’ service- Knowhow

yeah I know, John Lewis next time

tiggs121
    Free Member

I am currently waiting on a fridge from Currys – 9.30 – 1.30 slot…so there’s still time!

Not so hopeful now!

sharkbait
    Free Member

its from Currys and their in house ‘delivery’ service- Knowhow

There’s your problem right there – and you already seem to know the solution.
    Very very annoying though, I bet they’ve lost at least one future customer just because of this.

muddy9mtb

interesting set off events.. if you complained they would probably “chalk” this down to a poor experience.. Sorry Curry’s have been trading for lord knows how many years and they continue to fail on every level of customer service spectacularly. You’d have thought they could have got it right by now

wwaswas

Took B&Q 6 deliveries spread over 4 weeks to get the 7 boxes containing my new bathroom delivered without damage to their contents.

Best one was them laying the shower screen flat on the floor and then stacking 6 toilets on it. At least the driver had the decency to look embarrassed when he’d cleared the stuff off it, stood the box up and all you could hear was shards of glass falling to the bottom of the box.

rocketman
    Free Member

There is something about white goods and big retailers

IIRC we had three fridge freezers delivered before we got one that wasn’t dented. WTAF do they do with them

In contrast we ordered a washing machine from one of the smaller chains and the bloke came round within a matter of hours with the washer in his estate, wheeled it in, fitted it and took the old one away. 30 mins max including cuppa

nbt

You can claim back if you have to book omre time off work for rescheduled deliveries

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights

legend
    Free Member

boxes containing my new bathroom delivered without damage to their contents.

Best one was them laying the shower screen flat on the floor and then stacking 6 toilets on it

You have 6 toilets in your bathroom!?! Kudos.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Heyyy – Fridge just delivered.

Currys Knowhow is the best!!

DrJ

Surely everyone has a wife who waits in all day for deliveries and tradesmen?

Britain – where it’s always 1950.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I once had a moment of madness and ordered a washing machine from Sainsbury’s not JL. In my remote and hard to get to part of the UK (90minutes from Glasgow) the delivery date is actually ‘the day we deliver it to a local courier, they only come your way once a week, sorry’. And then I watched them drop it off the back of the lorry onto the road. I let them carry it round to the back of the house and into the kitchen before I rejected it though 🙂 JL every time for me.

wwaswas

You have 6 toilets in your bathroom!?! Kudos.

No, I have 6 bathrooms.

legend
    Free Member

Is disappoint. Was hoping you’d been inspired by the Sochi Olympics

kimbers

Fk you tiggs, I hope it’s got a huuge dent in the side 😉

phiiiiil

If it’s any consolation we ordered an oven from John Lewis; they turned up, late, with someone else’s oven, then wouldn’t confirm whether they actually had our oven at all for ages so we didn’t know whether to wait or cancel. As far as they have told me there is still someone hunting through their warehouse looking for our oven since shortly before last Christmas; I imagine it to be like that warehouse at the end of the Indiana Jones film.

We got our money back eventually; despite them saying repeatedly we’d get some compensation for the time and bother we never did, but I just couldn’t be bothered with it any more. Maybe that was their plan all along.

We went to Apollo instead, an hour later we were making dinner.

kimbers

amusingly? ive had this text, but even to leave feedback costs me standard network rate?

dooosuk
    Free Member

Had no trouble with them when they delivered an extractor fan for us a few weeks ago. On time, correct product and no dents 🙂

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I used them for a washing machine via online and they were terrible.

AO.com, however, were great.

brassneck

ao.com every time. Next day free, two hour time slot £19 extra.

Even delivered a range cooker on a Sunday for nothing and were unnecessarily cheerful about having to get it up a flight of stairs.

bigblackshed

Local Euronics place for all our white goods now.

“When would you like your washing machine delivered Sir? We can deliver it this afternoon”

“Erm, well I’m not at home now and won’t be until this evening”

“How about in the morning? 10 o’clock?”

“Yeah, fine”

Bloke turns up at 10 o’clock, removes the old one, installs the new one, does a test wash, takes old one away and all of the packaging, has a cup of tea whilst waiting for the test wash to finish. No charge.

legend
    Free Member

To be fair to Currys, they did a cracking job delivering and installing our integrated dishwasher and fridge. Even sorted the mistakes the kitchen fitters made

Notter
    Free Member

Seconded on ao.com, used them for a number of items and excellent service.

kimbers

Well they rang at 5 to say they were 20 mins away
    I explained my wife wouldn’t be home till quarter too, they said they couldn’t hang around

Back onto customer services for a whinge and they did wait were very polite and delivered it dent free

Don’t think I’ll be using them again tho!

Drac

I used them for a washing machine TV via online and they were terrible. fantastic.

AO.com, however, were great.

curvature
    Free Member

As above AO.com

Ordered on a Saturday afternoon and had delivery on Sunday before midday. Even got a phone call at 7:30am to say they were on their way.

Can’t fault them although they do keep ringing me about extending the warranty on my dishwasher.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘White goods delivery saga’ is closed to new replies.