Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • White frame colour scheme ideas?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

ie post your white bikes (that don’t look awful)!

I just took delivery of this frame and wondering what colour parts I should get for it. Currently just gonna stick on the black/grey stuff from my Blender but am thinking of getting some different coloured bars and a few other bits of matching bling (seat clamp, bar ends etc), just because I can. Red and white looks good but kinda over done, same for gold and white. I’m thinking maybe some of those Deity Ano green D30 bars but can’t get an idea of how it’d look! Or maybe dark purple..

stevied
    Free Member

Black everything would go nice

rocketman
    Free Member

Have been down the white frame/clown’s bike route and as above the answer is black

tomhoward

Black/greyscale everything, but with gold hubs and maybe headset and BB.

_tom_
    Free Member

Black everything just seems so boring though 😆 It does look good though I suppose. Headset is staying black as its come with a brand new Hope reducer so I’m just gonna use that til it dies.

Oh and the forks I have for it at the minute are dark silver lowers with black stanchions. Maybe replace with white Lyriks eventually. I guess black/grey everything else actually makes sense at this point!

Northwind

Black and white does make the most sense… Black white and red is a bit overdone but only because it looks good and it’s easy to do (most bike ano reds are fairly similiar). And it goes with anything- I’ve got some red boxxer worldcups that are a slightly different red and will never look right on any bike, black ones will always look right.

Blues and greens could be nice but the colours are all over the shop- I’m building a blue bike just now and I ain’t touching blue ano as every part’ll be a different colour 🙁 And that’s even before they all start fading at different rates.

Purple… Set of purple 66s on it, hurl purple ano at it, it’ll be disgusting but interesting.

tops5
    Free Member

Hope gunsmoke would look good

banks
    Free Member

White & black but multi-coloured stem spacers

buck53

Rasta colors, just to be sure people know that you did it on purpose? 😉

rocketman
    Free Member

Black everything just seems so boring

But black is the fastest 😉

Coloured hubs are OK – maybe combine with the bars/stem/pedals if they *really* do match – but co-ordinated lock rings/bolts/spacers/cables/nipples etc just looks gopping

imo

nickc

I went down the red/white/black route. Just went very easy on the red, so forks have a red ‘sock’ ( old Magura thors) lock on grip ends are red, hope bb is red, couple of red zip ties. Just enough so there’s a scheme, not too much that it looks gash

cookeaa

Black and White? YAWN!!!

coordinaed colour schemes are for Girls, I say buy as many randomly coloured parts as you can!

Pink, Orange, Purple, silver, Yellow, Red, Taupe, Turqouise, Polka dots get the lot in there!

There’s nothing worse than an aesthetically conservative bicycle….

My bike is mostly Black and grey… 😐

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Orange anodised bits?

bol

I think orange works well with white/black in small doses. Am planning to add some orange to my white pro6 and see what happens.

_tom_
    Free Member

Well so far the grey/silver is looking alright actually..

Maybe an orange seat clamp or bars in the future.. 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

Orange and white you say…

P1000890 by i_ache, on Flickr

mamadirt
    Free Member

That looks a shed load of fun! The beauty of a white frame is that you can add colour accents when the mood takes and swap without too much expense. My Blood (which is staying now btw 😉 ) is pretty much goverened by its red and orange hubs but I’ve always fancied a turquoise/lime colour scheme. There was a cracking looking Voltage over on pinkbike.com I think . . . hold on . . .

Well, it wasn’t this one but I reckon it looks pretty good anyway . . .

sssimon
    Free Member

I’ve had a few and the answer is always black if possible, grey or silver works too

those orange hayes were questionable to be fair

I’ve had a few and the answer is always black if possible, grey or silver works too

spacecadett
    Free Member

mamadirt
    Free Member

Found it! Turquoise and lime ftw 8)

svalgis
    Free Member

Purple, just because it’s more likely to piss someone off.

Northwind

I_Ache, that isn’t orange and white, it’s white with mismatched bars.

mamadirt
    Free Member

😆 No this is orange and white 8) . Seat is on a well-known auction site now though . . . only so far you can ride on a cheese grater 😡

_tom_
    Free Member

Quite liking the orange on the Blood Ms Dirt 🙂 May have to go for that I reckon.

mamadirt
    Free Member

8)

althepal

The nipples are red- honest!

timber

My white bikes are built up with black parts, apart from the port and starboard grips.

nickc

spacecadet, spoooky, here’s me on my Cham in exactly the same place..

Oh so natty orange jersey is a bonus

curvature
    Free Member

IMG_7770 by Nick Softley, on Flickr

Gold brake hoses
    Red floating discs

It now has white Flow rims too!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘White frame colour scheme ideas?’ is closed to new replies.