Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • white fingers when riding
  • lord
    Free Member

thinking of trying some thin liner type gloves to overcome my fingers going white and numb , anybody else tryed this ? not sure if its reynards but it is getting worse cheers

enfht
    Free Member

What colour are they normally?

DrP

If they are blue, or even dusky purple to start with, then you’re doing OK….

DrP

nicko74

To the OP, that’s assuming the white numbness is primarily from cold/ wing. Which it could be, obviously.

But it’s also possible you’re gripping the bars too tightly/ vibration is causing the loss of circulation.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I lose the feeling in my fingers if my core gets slightly chilled, even in summer catching a cool breeze at the top of a sweaty climb.

Makes some rides very difficult, can’t feel the breaks etc.

Lasts about an hour before they come back.

colournoise

Could be Reynaud’s (but might not be).

Sounds quite like mine which is ‘classic’ primary Reynaud’s with low temperatures causing top two joints of fingers to go blue and stiff then white and numb. The vibrations caused by riding off road seem to make my symptoms worse at times regardless of temperature.

As said above, can make riding difficult/dangerous when fingers stop feeling and/or working mid-ride.

For me glove liners didn’t help much. I try to make sure my hands are proper warm before winter riding and stop and shake them out for 5 minutes if I feel them stiffening up (best trailside remedy I’ve found – I also carry chemical hand warmers with me as a last resort).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘white fingers when riding’ is closed to new replies.