Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • White cars – would you buy one?
  • bassspine
    Free Member

Trawling up behind someone on the motorway in my white Focus estate seems to have a mysterious 'is that a police car?' effect on people 😈

(I didn't choose the colour, it was a 2/h car at the right price. But it looks good IMO)

M6TTF
    Free Member

nickc – Member
    trouble is talkemada, although cars in the seventies were available in those colours, people actually bought "prosthetic limb" cream, and "diarrhea" brown.

lol – I think the term is "hearing aid beige"

petrieboy

back in the day i had a white calibra which was IMO is/was the best colour for that car (the vauxhall/opel touring cars of the time were white) and despite being a vauxhall and therefore having pretty poor factory paint, it was very easy to keep clean as being white it just needed a quick wipe down and air dry and it was fine. contrast with that a more recent black audi tt with a far superior paint finish but looked horrible unless it had just been washed dried polished and waxed – far too much effort for a car!!

Talkemada
    Free Member

No no; hearing aid beige is slightly darker than prosthetic limb cream!

A mate had a Capri in B+H Gold:

bassspine
    Free Member

cars in the seventies were available in those colours, people actually bought "prosthetic limb" cream, and "diarrhea" brown.

lol – I think the term is "hearing aid beige"

and don't forget dogsick lilac

Hadge
    Free Member

I'm nursing a semi for this stunner

john_drummer
    Free Member

my first 3 cars were white, but weren't exactly racy: Renault 5 mk1, Renault 5 mk2, Renault 19 (post facelift)

Next one was red – an Alfa 146.
    Then a silver Alfa 156
    then a black BMW 320d Touring
    and now a black Saab 9-3 Sportwagon.

So clearly I don't GAS what anybody thinks 😉

Nick

I had a white Ford Orion once, had a lot of trouble selling it, to be fair I think the colour was irrelevant.

Hadge
    Free Member

Pmsl @ Nick

hora
    Free Member

A mate had a Capri in B+H Gold:

I think I'd actually sea-gull that car

richcc
    Free Member

I had a championship White Integra Type-r. Fabulous car, back seats went down and bike dropped straight in – oh and when it came on cam at 5700 rpm it howled like a banshee. Looked great in White, pretty average in red or black

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘White cars – would you buy one?’ is closed to new replies.