Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • [whispers] Penderyn Distillery [/whispers]
  • Olly
    Free Member

Thinking of taking ‘er indoors to the Penderyn distillery for her birthday (she likes whiskey a lot). Is it any good? Does the entrance fee include a tour, or is it just access to a shop?

She also complained earlier this week she hasn’t been out on her proper bike since the Dyfi, so i reckon i can chuck a lap of Afan in there too, winner!

molgrips
    Free Member

We did a tour, it was pretty interesting actually. Enjoyed it a lot. You get a tasting too.

Olly
    Free Member

Cool, is that “extra” to the entrance fee? (thinking about it, i could just call them directly tomorrow)

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Yes the tour here was pretty good, the distillery itself isn’t anything to right home about in distillery terms, it’s just a warehouse essentially, and you don’t get up close to much, but it has the unusual still and the guy who did it was very good indeed. After, you get the chance to taste a couple of drams of your choice, and then of course the exit is via the shop.

The madeira cask was my favorite i seem to recall? And their version of baileys is delicious too.

enjoy

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

the entrance fee includes the tour, just worth checking the timings of when they start

mattstreet

Yeah, it’s a pretty nice little tour – the distillery is pretty new by most standards, but the tasting was nice and generous. 🙂

Merlyn (their Baileys) is good, but their Brecon gin is spot on.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘[whispers] Penderyn Distillery [/whispers]’ is closed to new replies.