Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Whisky lovers, keep or recycle?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

OK, so today I was given a bottle of THIS, now I’m not a great spirit drinker, the last time I enjoyed whisky was when I was given a bottle of some Laphroaig 18 Year Old, & that took me months to drink.
    So should I try it & hope I enjoy it, or recycle it by giving it to the next person who does me a good turn?

Your thoughts appreciated & glass standing by 😉

Cheers (maybe hic)

scotroutes

Try it. It’s a world away from Laphroaig (which I can’t stand).

trail_rat
    Free Member

try it first

its a very very different whisky from laphroig

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Try it. If you don’t like it top it up with black tea and give it to a gin drinker 😆

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks, but obviously if I try it I can’t then pass it on 😐
    I did like the peatiness of the Laphroaig, but I did find it a very strong flavour, I’m quite tempted by the tasting notes of Toffee, dried fruit & dark chocolate, but will they really shine through?

Cheers.

scotroutes

Send it to me and I’ll try it for you.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i wouldnt turn down a bottle with a nip out of it …….

user-removed
    Free Member

Does this piece of advice count as a good turn? Email in profile…

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I’m giving it until 8pm, the votes for drink it or recycle it between now & then will determine the outcome, previous votes will not count 😉

Cheers.

scotroutes

Drink

sweepy
    Free Member

Drink

trail_rat
    Free Member

drink – **** – arse – girls

sc-xc

joepose
    Free Member

Wait until you have had a bad day, when home get a good wide glass that allows the air to get in then pour a small splash of this scotch in.
    Make sure its warm deffo no ice and sip it back. You kind of need to be in a damn it kind of mood (a little reckless).
    When your in this type of mood you throw the scotch back to hit the right place on the tongue and from there on your hooked.
    Its a time and a place drink, hard to explain and if you swill it around in your mouth it can taste disgusting but get it right and there is no finer taste. That said i have just been drinking farm cider and could well be talking complete bullocks 🙂

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Hmm, this is very one sided…

Edit, that gif is hypnotic, but is that ice in the glass?

sobriety
    Free Member

Drink

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Drink it is then…

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Bottle opened…

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Dram pored…

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Tasted, no toffee or fruit yet, but quite a soft tasting Whisky…

bearnecessities

I don’t get the anti-ice-cube business; one works very nicely IMO.

user-removed
    Free Member

Yes it is ice but iirc he was drinking bourbon so he can be forgiven

peterfile
    Free Member

Its a time and a place drink

Agreed…any time and any place! 😉 I was waiting in my house for a cab a few days ago and decided to kill the time with a wee Talisker 18. Seemed like the correct time and place to me (i.e. awake and near a glass)

I’m a bit like you, whisky just feels like the right thing to drink sometimes.

scotroutes

IMHO, you need to whisky to be relatively warm to get the full taste and smell. Too cold and the esters don’t get released.

Chilling any drink is a good way of disguising the taste. That’s why lager is served very cold.

piemonster

Drink more

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I just burped & now I’m getting a taste, oh wait, that was the pizza from lunch, carry on… 😉

bearnecessities

Drink more

Never underestimate the eloquence of simplicity. However, you’re not on a date 😀

athgray
    Free Member

I have put whisky in the freezer before to cool it rapidly. For want of a better description it seem a bit sluggish when you drink it. Tend to have mine with about 20% cold water. Might be too much water for some though.

busydog
    Free Member

I like good single malt scotch and my Jack Daniels straight up, no ice as well but with “less civilized” whisky or bourbon I will drink with a little ice and water.

piemonster

However, you’re not on a date

No. I’m alone. In the dark. Watching Evil Dead 2. With the volume turned up to 11*

With beer.

*Approximately probably

piemonster

Actually thinking about it, I’ve already had a couple of beers.

Where’s a politics thread………

Vern0n
    Free Member

Watching Evil Dead 2

Awesome 😈

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Whisky lovers, keep or recycle?’ is closed to new replies.