Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Whiskey buffs – Ledaig, worth a pop?
  • RustySpanner

£18 odd in Morrisons at the mo.
    Worth a punt for a relative beginner?

Have tried a few of the peaty island malts and found them enjoyable – got to be worth a punt at this price?

peterfile
    Free Member

I was given a bottle of this as a gift a few years back, pleasantly surprised considering it’s a budget bottle.

Nice and light, easy drinking. Definitely worth £18

RustySpanner

Bought, thanks!

kcal

quite light – nothing objectionable. could get a nice Aberlour for that, possibly, a bit more meaty?

we’re lucky to have a very nice garage that sells whisky for really quite low prices; £24 for full sherry Macallan e.g. difficult not to see the drink/drive irony there..

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

minging … tastes like the water that has been used to put out a tyre fire… you may just have wasted £18! 😆

mattsccm
    Free Member

If after 1 taste you don’t like it, sell it to me for a fiver.

househusband

Worth a punt at that price but I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it… fully concur with peterfile and kcal’s comments.

Gribs

I’ll occasionally pick up a bottle as it’s drinkable. Fairly bland but not too bad and it’s blends ok with better stuff. A couple of drops of cask strength Ardbeg really improves a glass. If you want cheaper Islay whisky then Sainsbury’s own brand one is Bowmore and the Tesco one I’ve had tasted like Caol Ila though I believe they do chance suppliers.

househusband

Sainsbury’s own brand one is Bowmore

Cobblers – not a Sainsbury’s brand! My favourite.

crikey
    Free Member

Bought some tonight just to see…

It looks like wee, and the taste is OK, but not as nice as others.

Monkey Shoulder, Bruichladdich, Talisker all nicer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Whiskey buffs – Ledaig, worth a pop?’ is closed to new replies.