Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Whippet or a Border Terrier dog as a family pet.
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Sorry to say I have never met a nice Border, always seem to be yappy neurotic things.

yunki
    Free Member

always seem to be yappy neurotic things.

Is that because they are often owned by northerners..?

Dogs are like their owners and all that

russ295
    Free Member

I’ve a 15 year old patterdale cross. When he was younger he hated staying in the house, he’d happily sit in my work van all day, every day.
    As he’s aged he’d sooner stop in. Usually flat out in the same position he was left in when I get back in.

colmac
    Free Member

I’d agree with the others here, it’s all about setting a routine that suits both you and the dog(s)

I have a pair of springers who are regularly left alone from 0830 to 1530 and who seem to cope extremely well with this as they keep each other company. When they were younger we had a neighbour come in and let them out for 20 mins halfway through the day to let them out for a run in the garden but they manage fine nowadays curled up on a couch!

Spaniels as a breed make excellent family pets…..extremely tolerant of young kids as well as loving the outdoors, maybe a little too much whenever they spot something to chase as they seem to suffer from selective deafness!

But as long as you put in the hard work when they are young you can reap the benefits as they grow with the family.

Good luck with the search! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Whippet or a Border Terrier dog as a family pet.’ is closed to new replies.