Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Whiplash style injury
  • Gotama
    Free Member

Just looking for some traditional stw guesstimate recovery times with some vaguely experience related ones through in….

Riding on tuesday night and an oak tree got in my way. Decent pace, took the brunt of the blow with my right forearm, right shoulder chest and a little bit of face. Then high sided over the bike and down the slope giving the left hand side of my back a good beating. Been checked out by a bona fide doc and nothing deadly but moving around is very painful, putting on socks or trying to take a t-shirt off a major issue. Feels like i’ve strained stuff in the right side of my neck which is presumably whiplash as a result of going from fast to stopped in a very short period of time. Anyway, obviously its slightly subjective to how bad the injury is but are we generally talking months or just a few weeks with the help of ibuprofen.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

To me that sounds like 2 weeks of pain and another two of niggles.

mr_mills
    Free Member

I got a similar whiplash type injury when some big fat nob head crashed into the back of me. The niggles have been on and off for 3 years now. Must get it looked at!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Well………

3 and a half years ago I walked off an 8ft split level wall in the car park in the dark and landed on my head making a right mess of my forehead.

A few days later the back pain kicked in big time. It’s been 3 years of on and off. The most anoying thing is that it flares up when doing anything more fun than XC. So I can ride the rigid SS all day for some reason (i.e. spend loadsa time stood up and pedaling) but standing up on the Pitch can cripple me some days, especialy when combined with pumping through big transitions and jumps!

I really should get back to the docs again, they’ve poked it, stretched it and done the usual reaction tests and decided nothings majorly wrong with the nervous system but I’m less and less convinced that whatever undiagnosed ‘mechanical’ injury is going to go away by itself.

Gotama
    Free Member

Hmm interesting, i like the first answer best! My spine doesn’t ache/hurt at all, it just feels like tendons so i am hoping there will be no long lasting effects. Frustrating as i’m meant to be doing the gravity enduro in a couple of weeks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Whiplash style injury’ is closed to new replies.