Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Whiplash anyone had it.
  • djglover
    Free Member

Came off my bike quite hard at the weekend and had a bit of what I thought was mild whiplash. However by Wednesday this was manifesting its self as a shooting pain where the Upper Trapezius meets my head. The pain is so severe as to induce nausea and mean I have to lay in a dark room and take valium and diclofenac once or twice a day. I never thought muscular pain could be so severe 😳

So the Dr is vague as to how long this could last, although will refer me to physio in a couple of weeks if need be, any experience 😐

ebygomm
    Free Member

When i got whiplash it felt like someone was stabbing me in the back with a screwdriver when i moved in certain ways. It still niggles from time to time, took about a year for it to stop aching. Positive point is that after the initial weeks of pain, it was keeping still that aggravated it, biking and anything active wasn’t a problem

djglover
    Free Member

stabbing me in the back with a screwdriver

I know that feeling, a few weeks of that wouldn’t be too bad, I was worried it could go on months & months

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    showerman
    Free Member

had a twik rear end me 2yrs ago in my van things seemed to get worse over the coming days then settled down. the only bad thing now since this all happend is when i get a headach i get them real bad as you have dark room ear plugs in and get ready to chuck but apart from that life and soul of any party

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

rear ended a few years back – thought the pain would last forever, but pretty much gone after about a week – stiffness lasted anouther week or two.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

Yep, got shunted about 10 years go. I was ‘too busy’ to get physio at the time and my neck still crunches now. But there’s no pain any more, nor is there any reduction in movement.

Make sure you get it checked out!!!

Bedds
    Free Member

I was T-Boned on my bike a few years ago, taken to hospital where the examining Dr told me that whiplash generally gets worse for the first 72 hours and then begins to improve, I’d agree with other comments though, get it sorted, I still don’t have full range of movement in my neck..

marsdenman
    Free Member

What’s it like….. mmm – I could ask the guy who reversed into me in a traffic queue to let someone turn right in front of him and is now claiming I hit him from behind 👿

The junction is covered by CCTV, sadly cameras were pointing the other way at the time so, according to my insurers – I LOSE.

BASTID.

and ….. breathe……….

best of luck with your neck easing up fella….

singlespeedstu

You sure you’ve not just been w4nking in a draught?

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Had it?
    At the prices my local ‘speciality boutique’ charges?

Naaah. I’ll stick with the light spanking, thank you.

djglover
    Free Member

You sure you’ve not just been w4nking in a draught?

I’ve been doing that for years with no side effects. Although the neighbours perfer it if I don’t do it in the garden.

singlespeedstu

Your garden or theirs? 😯

guido

I had it once in a car accident. i was sore etc for a few days. forgot about it then about one year later got a cheque for 2k for my pain.
    sweet.

dr_death
    Free Member

Usually lasts anywhere between a few days and a few months.

Best thing for it is to gently get it moving again. Gentle stretching exercises will free things up and the sooner you can get full range of movement back in it the better. ANALgesia, massage and heat pack type things will all help with this.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Whiplash anyone had it.’ is closed to new replies.