Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Whinlatter yesterday – pics and stuff…..
  • user-removed
    Free Member

Cheers to everyone who gave advice in the Whinlatter thread the other day. We had great weather for riding / camping. That Scotswood site is great – cleanest, most modern toilets I've ever seen on a campsite and I'm told the showers were amazing too (I didn't bother 😡 ).

Below – a rare photo of the author 😯

The best bit for me was the last steep, swoopy, jumpy bit of the North loop – just too fun.

A good feed and drink was had by all in the Royal Oak post-ride followed by a taxi into Keswick where we all proceeded to get somewhat lairy. Grand.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

nice pics

ton

nice pics, you lucky buggers…mid week quietness is heaven at trail centres…….. 8)

will
    Free Member

Great pics! 2nd to last is great! Would make a good wallpaper for a computer 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

Aye – the place was empty – we saw perhaps five guys all day!! Two of them were also staying at Scotswood site. The joys of working shifts (two of my mates), being unemployed (another two) and being self-employed (me!). It does make a massive difference….

Kit
    Free Member

is that a wide angle lens you've used? or a fish eye? good photos anyway!

user-removed
    Free Member

Cheers for the comments – it's the Sima 10-20mm lens. It does do funny things to anything at the edges of the frame but it seems to be my lens of choice for cycling photos these days – donno why really.

Do wish I'd taken a proper flash with me though – I used the wee pop-up onboard one for a few of the shots (last one had spot of flash) but it's too weak to touch anything really.

Meant to add that we did the blue loop last and had the only rain of the day. After the rain, it felt like we were riding in an oil slick with flat tyres. Absolutely lethal!

scruzer
    Free Member

good pics! One of my fave centres at the moment think its ace cos it has lots of features and not all swoopy smooth!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Wow – really excellent photos – I must ride there some time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Whinlatter yesterday – pics and stuff…..’ is closed to new replies.