Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Whinlatter Trail Closures
  • muzzle
    Free Member

Morning all, I’m planning a first-time trip to Whinlatter this week, but I’ve seen that the last downhill section (Big Dipper, Grand National, Grandad’s Wheel) of the North Loop is currently closed for maintenance. Will I be missing out on all the best bits, or can somebody reassure me that there’s plenty of other good stuff there to make it still worth a visit…? Thanks.

martinhutch

Would be a shame to miss out those sections – best bit of the north loop.

South Loop is still good fun, I suppose.

edward2000
    Free Member

I wouldnt bother unfortunately. The trail centre, although good imo, isnt that long anyway. I wonder wherer the diversion will take you though?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    asherh
    Free Member

Anyone been recently and know if these sections are open yet? Planning on going on Sunday.

Gribs

The diversion is just along forest roads. There’s still some good bits on the north loop but it does feel like a lot of wasted climbing with the diversion.

asherh
    Free Member

When did you last ride it?

senorj

I rode it last Sunday & agree with gribbs .

maximusmountain
    Free Member

I think that the south loop is better than the north anyway, I also adore the blue loop due to just how fast you can take everything. If you go just ride the south and blue a few times instead? I, until recently, only rode the south loop until I decided that I loved climbing and then rode up the pass and then straight up the north loop as well.

boxelder

The first big decent descent on the blue is shut too

postierich
    Free Member

All of Skiddaw is open!

number18
    Free Member

If that was the case I’d probably just go somewhere else.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Popped up to skiddaw house yesterday, cracking ride, go there instead, if you have some more time ride the south at Whinlatter. IMHO the top of the south is the best at Whinlatter.

NOT my video btw!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX9UWwEOfpE[/video]

emmodd
    Free Member

We’ve been to Mabie instead. Really enjoyed it.

number18
    Free Member

I don’t think I have ever been to Whinlatter and it be as dry as it is in the video!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Whinlatter Trail Closures’ is closed to new replies.