• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by pdw.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Whinlatter parking, do the gates get locked?
  • neillys75
    Free Member

Do the gates on whinlatter VC car park get locked at any set time? Don’t want to be locked in having an evening ride!

mcnultycop

I don’t remember any gates!

pdw
    Free Member

Yes, they do, although I’ve never figured out exactly when. Park in Revelin Moss CP (towards Keswick on the other side of the road). It’s on the last bit of the blue / South red.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

There are gates but I don’t think i have seen them closed. Try the Forest Ranger on 01768 778469

They’re supposed to close at 6 last time I was there (November).

eruptron
    Free Member

Yep there are gates and they generally get locked at 9ish depends on dusk time. No gates that get locked at Revlin Moss carpark.

eruptron
    Free Member

pdw – Member
    Yes, they do, although I’ve never figured out exactly when.

Dusk would be you general loose guide.
    This is probably why it was closed at 6 in November.
    If your not doing a pre organised event and you doing a late evening ride as previously mentioned Park at Revlin Moss.

andytherocketeer

Thought I saw a gate at Revelin Moss, but it might not get locked. But it does have ANPR parking meters (that don’t recognise my German reg plates 😈 ).
    Masmill definitely has a gate, and it was shut when I was there a few weeks back (possibly due to forestry works – think some of the trails might have been redirected too – I was only there to walk up one of the mountains sans bike)

pdw
    Free Member

Never seen the gate at Revelin Moss shut, and I’ve been there at times when the main gate is shut.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Whinlatter parking, do the gates get locked?’ is closed to new replies.